• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Need help with blood donation...getting my levels down by allowing me to donate.

103deltafox

Hormone Cauldron
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Put this in the TRT forum, because I figure there might be a doc or two here that can help?

OK, so all criticism aside, I have probably been eating too much red meat and whatnot to get my protein and forgot to donate for a year or so.
I went to donate blood the other day and they said I couldn't because my hemoglobin count was too high with a reading of (21.1) on the finger prick thing... the donation site does not report anything, and people on trt can donate, upper level cutoff for hemo is 18...

the lady gave gave me a paper to give my doc so he could sign and fax them, then she said they could take blood prn(as needed). She said my levels were so high that it was a danger to me/or almost toxic....problem is I don't have a doc, but have been self admin trt (test ISO at 200 wk) for a few years now. As well as the occasional blast.

So so my issues are:
1) I am concerned that having this high a level is dangerous.
2) they won't assist in lowering my levels by taking my blood
3) I will either need to find a way to lower my hemoglobin and go to another donation site, or just bleed a pint out myself?

any help from others who have been turned away? Or anyone who successfully got their hemo down?
Not really sure where to go from here?

I have this same problem sometimes. I donated last Sunday and my hemo was 20.3. Had the girl stick me 2 more times. 19.5 and then 18.5. Where I live you need to be 19 or lower. It will read different every time they stick you. Regardless to lower it you really need to hydrate a couple days before. Like really hydrate and maybe slow down for a week on all the red meat. This should drop it down some for you. I always have luck with left ring finger. Try it

I have this same problem sometimes. I donated last Sunday and my hemo was 20.3. Had the girl stick me 2 more times. 19.5 and then 18.5. Where I live you need to be 19 or lower. It will read different every time they stick you. Regardless to lower it you really need to hydrate a couple days before. Like really hydrate and maybe slow down for a week on all the red meat. This should drop it down some for you. I always have luck with left ring finger. Try it
Great tip bro

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Same here. I was at 18.9. They said that if I hit 19 they would send me away. Being that high isn't a good thing.

Hydrate hydrate hydrate. Then when you are able to give do a double red if possible. It will lower you a lot better but you can only do that every 4 months. I go to the. BLoodbank to do the double red then two months later went to the Red Cross. 2 different data bases. I got my stuff in check pretty quick.

Here they cut you off at 20 and mine was 19 last week when I gave . Try eating chicken for most of your protein and drink all the water you can . Hopefully you can get it down enough to donate . Good luck.

I think it is absolutely rediculous these centers are turning patients away for hgb being too high! At the end of the day they are just trying to cover their ass.

Definitely watch for any foods that are high in iron such as red meat and green leafy veggies. Also, hydration is also very important. Try and drink at least 1l a day (keeps the doc away)

Dr. B

I think it is absolutely rediculous these centers are turning patients away for hgb being too high! At the end of the day they are just trying to cover their ass.

Definitely watch for any foods that are high in iron such as red meat and green leafy veggies. Also, hydration is also very important. Try and drink at least 1l a day (keeps the doc away)

Dr. B

Thanks for the advice guys, went basically vegan for two days and tried again at a different site/different company...unfortunately this time I never made it past the BP machine, diastolic was 104...so again, couldn't donate.

i will say that my wife convinced me to just give Entourage a call, and I will be enrolling in their TRT program. Getting my mess and blood work professionally reviewed will help me learn a bit more, as well as possibly having them sign the waiver/paper listing me as on TRT and allowing donation medically. Which is what each place has said allows you to bypass all the prelim stuff and just get a pint pulled...

its crazy what what we have to go thru, when you can buy weed legally and drink yourself into a coma,
but G-d forbid you want to give a pint and stay healthy, that's where the FDA draws the line! LoL

You are telling me! such a pain these days just to practice medicine! gotta love big brother.

Looking forward to getting you on the right track my friend.

Dr. B

U can drain yourself bro, u don't need to do a therapeutic phlebotomy lol

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

or just bleed a pint out myself?
Can you? If so, I would bleed 2, not 1 pint.

Second, I would see your doctor about getting some blood pressure medication.

Third, I would take a hard (and honest) look at your bodyfat, diet, and cardio regimen.

The short story is that your blood pressure and hemoglobin are both dangerously high and are markers for increased risk of stroke. If you have ever known anybody with a stroke, even a mild one, then you know that a stroke is something for which you definitely do NOT want to increase your risk.

In addition, you are putting two organs you need, your kidneys and your eyes (or is that 4 organs?) under stress. High blood pressure is harmful to the kidneys and eyes.

Please get this squared away.

IML Gear Cream!
Just some things in life you do not want to deal with, a stroke being 1!

Back