PDA

View Full Version : Joint help- specifically elbows

dbp
07-30-2017, 02:38 PM
My elbows have been having trouble for a few years now, starting well before I got back into weight training. They are really becoming bothersome since I started weights again. My knees are starting to give me a little trouble too since starting and they've always been pretty good. I already take fish oil, glucosamine with MSM, nsaids, and B6. I've started taking gelatin every day too, but it's too soon to give that a verdict yet. I've read that doing lighter weight helps (duh), but my goal is to build muscle and heavier is better. I'm 40, so that isn't helping either. What do you recommend doing?

WesleyInman
07-30-2017, 02:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJWbF3I6Hg8

Skip Foursome
07-30-2017, 03:29 PM
My elbows have been having trouble for a few years now, starting well before I got back into weight training. They are really becoming bothersome since I started weights again. My knees are starting to give me a little trouble too since starting and they've always been pretty good. I already take fish oil, glucosamine with MSM, nsaids, and B6. I've started taking gelatin every day too, but it's too soon to give that a verdict yet. I've read that doing lighter weight helps (duh), but my goal is to build muscle and heavier is better. I'm 40, so that isn't helping either. What do you recommend doing?

Have you ever been checked out for possible arthritis or inflammation issues?

dbp
07-30-2017, 04:52 PM
Thanks for that video. I'll try that. I am going to bring this up at my next doctor visit. It's getting pretty bad.

dbp
07-30-2017, 07:38 PM
I bought some compression sleeves for both knees and elbows on amazon. If that doesn't work, I'll try the rubber strap.

Tall Deck
07-30-2017, 08:05 PM
I use certain exercises to help my shoulders, but the only thing that has ever helped me in the way of supplements is Omega XL capsules. It took about 2 weeks. I once ran out, and the pain came right back after about 10 days, and once I began taking them again, the pain relief was back after a couple weeks

Zyglamail
08-01-2017, 05:23 AM

if you are having pain there is likely associated damage taking place. Inflammation is a key component to healing and nsaids crush inflammation and with it healing. If the issue is chronic and you require nsaids to continue lifting then you are slowly but surely destroying yourself.

glucosamine, msm and gelatin are all important building blocks of collagen but without ample vitamin C for the collagen synthesis, those materials can't be put to use. I would recommend adding vit C,(ascorbic acid is fine and the cheapest route). Start at a few hundred mg 3 times a day and slowly build up to 6 grams or so.