• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Protein bars: Are they worth the money?

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
PROTEIN BARS: ARE THEY WORTH THE MONEY?

by Matt Weik

I spent just about ten years of my life working for a supplement company who was very well known for their protein bars. Sure, I ate them—but mainly because I was able to get them at no charge. They were convenient when I was traveling around the US for work or when I needed something quick to eat and didn’t want to make a whole food meal option (which isn’t ideal). In a world where convenience is king, many people are grabbing bars off the shelf and consuming them more now than ever before. Flavor profiles have drastically improved from back in the 90’s when protein bars tasted like cardboard. While the flavors have improved, has enough changed with them to make them a staple in your quest to reach your health and fitness goals?

VARIETY

There’s no shortage of brands out there launching protein bars. The unfortunate side is that most protein bars out there today are honestly glorified candy bars fairy dusted with some protein (and sometimes not even a good source of protein). So what do you choose? Well, that depends on your ultimate goal.

MEAL REPLACEMENT BARS

Meal replacement bars have been around since the 90’s. It seems like MET-Rx has been known for bringing to market some heavy hitting bars (generally around 100g total weight) loaded with over 400 calories and around 30g of protein. While that’s great, the sugar and carbohydrate counts are high as well. If you aren’t concerned with your macros or are simply looking to add calories any way that you can, then a meal replacement bar would suit you quite well—or you live by the motto “Dirty Bulk for Life”. READ FULL ARTICLE HERE!

Back