• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

How big are your calves?

ProjectSwole

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Training calves 3 x a week at the moment trying to get these things bigger! What size calves you all got?

Lee priest used to do 100 reps everyday just body weighted ones and the only time he wouldn't do them is if he wasn't getting a pump in the calves. Also if you want them to get bigger use site injections on your calves that will improve them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do doggcrap calves.

I put on 1 1/2 inches in fuckin 3 weeks. No fuckin joke.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Last I measured years ago was 20 cold and 22 pumped. I have found standing calf raises in the smith machine with a 25 plate on the floor. You place your feet on the plate and get full extention thru the movement. 5 6 sets 12 15 reps.

I'm 5'8" and my calves are 17.5" and all I do are standing calf raises. I don't even use a lot of weight. 200lbs and I rep out. I have better genetics in my calves than anywhere else.

damn you guys got some big ass calves if they are 19+
I think mine are maybe 17 f I'm lucky.. they are my leanest
body part so they pretty much always ripped and veiny

Mine were 18.5" at their largest and getting them that size required killing them 3x a week. I gave up training them a few months ago and they are 18" now.

Who believes in high volume and who believes in high weight?

I'm not sure that it even matters all that much with the calves. They seem to be a tough muscle group to train as far as getting them to grow. Then you have some guys who have the high calf. You know....the calf muscle that's all bunched up at the top close to the knee, and has the champagne glass shape, (AKA the "black calf" since a number of black guys have that). And then below it your leg looks like a stick all the way down to the ankle.

If you're one of those guys who has calves like that, there's really not much you can do...it's just genetics.

IML Gear Cream!
I'm not sure that it even matters all that much with the calves. They seem to be a tough muscle group to train as far as getting them to grow. Then you have some guys who have the high calf. You know....the calf muscle that's all bunched up at the top close to the knee, and has the champagne glass shape, (AKA the "black calf" since a number of black guys have that). And then below it your leg looks like a stick all the way down to the ankle.

If you're one of those guys who has calves like that, there's really not much you can do...it's just genetics.

Yeah look at victor and Cedric, they have those high calves and they aren't that great, bonac has some good calves for a black dude tho

Yeah look at victor and Cedric, they have those high calves and they aren't that great, bonac has some good calves for a black dude tho
Oh yeah, there ARE plenty of exceptions. But there's good and bad. Just as a number of black guys have the narrow hips in their bone structures which DOES make their wastes smaller and makes their chest and shoulders look wider, some of them are also cursed with the typical "black calf" too. And there is nothing you can ever do to change either....genetics....

i do high volume high reps . i train them once a week , they pretty much always look the same even if i dont train them for a month or so

8a584c30-c94e-4992-921e-7e80e45c788a_zps94e99145.jpg

Please elaborate
Essentially you take very small weight and make it the heaviest weight possible.

Start with like 40lbs ob the seated calf raise.

5 seconds down to fully stretched and hold for 15 seconds. Explode to the top and hold for 5 seconds. Slowly return back to fully stretched taking 5 seconds on the way down and repeat cycle for 20 reps.

Have fun walking

I have Mick Jagger legs to start with so.....i hit calves every workout
4b18c1c0b12f3d34df6582b2932955a2.jpg

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Back