• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Hebrew Hot Dogs, Fat free: opinion?

Jbatts

Banned
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
http://www.hebrewnational.com/kosher-beef-franks/97-fat-free-beef-franks

Low fat, low carb, decent protein. 80% protein. Macros pretty much in-line with a chicken breast or very lean beef cut.

No corn syrup.

How bad would these be as part of your daily meals/as part of your lunch? I mean 4-5 daily in my lunch box.

Beef, Water, Modified Potato Starch (Ingredient in Excess of Amount Permitted in Regular Beef Franks), Contains 2% or Less of: Sodium Lactate, Salt, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Flavoring, Paprika, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Diacetate, Garlic Powder, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Phosphate, Sodium Nitrite.

I'm fully aware that these aren't Wild Caught tuna from the lakes of MecuryFreePacific or whatnot, but would you eat these regularly as a clean food? Why or why not?

Not i. Sodium nitrite bloats me like a balloon. Plus.. Not really a clean food if you think Bout it

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Sodium nitrate is salt peter. Their wiener will make your wiener go flat.

Not i. Sodium nitrite bloats me like a balloon. Plus.. Not really a clean food if you think Bout it

That's what I'm looking for: why do you say this isn't a clean food?

That's what I'm looking for: why do you say this isn't a clean food?
Me personally consider super processed foods like this as not clean. Especially shit with nitrites or nitrates.

Plus 1 dog is 490mg sodium... And i bet youll est more than 1

I'll eat 4-5 and sodium doesn't matter to me.

I guess you all are eating extremely clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll eat 4-5 and sodium doesn't matter to me.

I guess you all are eating extremely clean.

I say that because I'm not hearing anything about how the macros are bad or how this will hurt a physique.

I say that because I'm not hearing anything about how the macros are bad or how this will hurt a physique.
I got nothing to prove whether or not it can ruin a physique. Macro wise its good to eat, but me personally i dont put them in the clean category.. Doesnt mean its bad food per se

Whole foods and not processed foods are always better. Case closed. Eating these low fat dogs once a week or so should be fine. But 4-5 a DAY? Really? Those are garbage plain and simple. Why is chicken harder? Funny you ask, because you get answers you don't like,and get defensive. So why ask? Your mind is already made up.

Let us know though..... maybe you are on to something

IML Gear Cream!
Whole foods and not processed foods are always better. Case closed. Eating these low fat dogs once a week or so should be fine. But 4-5 a DAY? Really? Those are garbage plain and simple. Why is chicken harder? Funny you ask, because you get answers you don't like,and get defensive. So why ask? Your mind is already made up.

Let us know though..... maybe you are on to something

Not defensive. I wouldn't ask this sort of question if I didn't realize they were processed nasty parts from cows. I just always push for solid answers, not fluffy ones that don't really answer the question.

Pretty sure tube steak never goes in Phil Heaths' mouth.

Maybe Kai Greenes' but not Phils.

Not defensive. I wouldn't ask this sort of question if I didn't realize they were processed nasty parts from cows. I just always push for solid answers, not fluffy ones that don't really answer the question.

I gave you a solid answer. On occasion they are fine, but to base your day on them is foolhardy. 4 or 5 in your lunchbox? That's around 2,500mg of sodium, great for water retention and nitrates have been proven to cause cancer.

In addition to what others have already stated about these still being processed foods with lotsa chemicals, as well as very high in sodium, (which likely won't be good for your blood pressure when you're on a gear cycle) what jumped out at me that I don't like are two things:

#1. "Modified" potato starch? Really??? Now what might that actually be? That's pretty vague, so it likely isn't good. I mean how, (and why) is it "modified"??? That just doesn't sound good, and it's very close to the very top of the ingredients list, which usually means that it has a lot of this stuff in it, (whatever it is). Who knows what "modified" means? Does that mean that they picked out potato skins out of a dumpster and processed it? LOL

#2. This contains "soy protein"...again, exactly what is that? I've recently read some real bad things about soy, and how it's usually merely a waste product in certain industries, and how they turned it into a profit by eliminating it from their list of things that they ordinarily would have to pay to be disposed of, and adding it to their list of things they can sell to food manufactures. It's used as a filler to make more money according to what i read, and there are also claims that it does some bad things to your health. I just started reading up on it, so I'm not expert on the topic. But do some net searches on soy, and "soy protein" and you'll see what I mean.

I'd rather eat one angus Bubba Burger...one will give you 26grams of protein, a little bit of saturated fat, yes, but at only 90mg's of soduim it's a mere fraction of what just one of those dogs have, let alone what 4 of them have, and best of all, the ingredient list says "100% angus beef" nothing more.

It was a convenience thing.
So I guess it's a no on hot dogs. Or just this brand?

So what are your as-convenient (microwave, zero prep) meat items that are low cost and have the same macros? Anybody?

Because (and I welcome anyone to tell me this horse shit and back it up), one of the biggest reasons people don't stick to a lean and clean diet is convenience.
If fish sticks with no breading were as easy to grab as a cheese stick my macros would be that much better.
Or how about grilled chicken nuggets by the lb that are as cheap and microwave-ready as breaded chicken nuggets?

I don't really care to hear how easy it is to Prep meals, or precook; or how everyone who doesn't do those things is a lazy fuck.
How about we come up with some easy alternatives for people who don't always have time to prep or just don't want to?

So what are your awesome diet hacks that are microwave-easy and cheap?

It was a convenience thing.
So I guess it's a no on hot dogs. Or just this brand?

So what are your as-convenient (microwave, zero prep) meat items that are low cost and have the same macros? Anybody?

Because (and I welcome anyone to tell me this horse shit and back it up), one of the biggest reasons people don't stick to a lean and clean diet is convenience.
If fish sticks with no breading were as easy to grab as a cheese stick my macros would be that much better.
Or how about grilled chicken nuggets by the lb that are as cheap and microwave-ready as breaded chicken nuggets?

I don't really care to hear how easy it is to Prep meals, or precook; or how everyone who doesn't do those things is a lazy fuck.
How about we come up with some easy alternatives for people who don't always have time to prep or just don't want to?

So what are your awesome diet hacks that are microwave-easy and cheap?

Chicken tenders? LOL...you seem to be stuck in a fast food mentality. Diet just has to take a priority in your daily routine in the game of BBing. There's no way around that. All dogs are just garbage meat laced with all kinds of fillers. You might as well eat sandwich meats, and dogs are probably worse than sandwich meat. I like to buy a big family pack of chicken breasts, and cook one up either the night before, or in the morning before work, let it cool, and wrap it in foil placed in the fridge for the work day. Preheat the oven to 425 deg and wash off the chicken under the faucet while the oven preheats, slap some butter and spices on it, and once the oven preheats, throw it in there for 40 minutes, (for large breasts).

On the days when I'm really pressed for time, I just hard boil three or four eggs, ( I boil em for 8 min, and then place them in a bowl under cold running water to cool em down right away) so I can still get some good quality protein in me at the work place. Ofcourse I also bring a couple peeled carrots, shelled walnuts, and either an apple, or an orange, (sometimes both). Ocassionally I'll bring a stick of celery, but celery isn't my favorite. Either way, I don't have to heat up the chicken nor the hard boiled eggs at work to eat them

Last edited:
Actually, ill shoot it to you straight:

Spending this much of our life spent on food/food prep trying to "not kill our selves" or stay in shape is RIDICULOUS.
There is no reason we can't do all three: we have it stuck in our head that it can't be healthy, convenient , and cheap. Hot dogs aren't the answer. Lack of creativity, effort, and/or effort are what keep us wasting hours a month planning or prepping food.

I've been a male model, an athlete, and am now a dad. It's stupid how much time I've spent prepping or cooking food in my life. Food should be an afterthought and as convenient as a bag of chips. There is no reason it can't be, and it shouldn't cost a fortune.

Maybe This isn't the forum though; I've shared and gotten much better responses on paleo forums.

Actually, ill shoot it to you straight:

Spending this much of our life spent on food/food prep trying to "not kill our selves" or stay in shape is RIDICULOUS.
There is no reason we can't do all three: we have it stuck in our head that it can't be healthy, convenient , and cheap. Hot dogs aren't the answer. Lack of creativity, effort, and/or effort are what keep us wasting hours a month planning or prepping food.

I've been a male model, an athlete, and am now a dad. It's stupid how much time I've spent prepping or cooking food in my life. Food should be an afterthought and as convenient as a bag of chips. There is no reason it can't be, and it shouldn't cost a fortune.

Maybe This isn't the forum though; I've shared and gotten much better responses on paleo forums.

It really depends what your goals are, how muscular you want to be, how far from your goals you're presently at, etc. The two examples of what you call "food prep" that I just gave you aren't that time consuming nor a hassle compared to other BBers. The best of the best guys, (even the amateurs) will go a whole lot further than that, (such as weighing out everything they eat and eating the same thing every day too) but that's why they obtain the best results too. This game requires discipline dude. If you can't deal with that nor make it a priority, then just don't expect to look the greatest that you can PERIOD.

If it were as easy as "a bag of chips" as you say, then everyone would look buff and be in great shape. That's the way it is my friend.

WHEN I WAS WORKING 120hrs A WEEK I still made time to prep my food! I hate this "convenience" bullshit! Don't always have time is an excuse. Either do it right or don't do it at all.

Get Shredded!
If it were as easy as "a bag of chips" as you say, then everyone would look buff and be in great shape. That's the way it is my friend.

You don't really believe that do you? Because you still have to workout, and you still have to have some intelligence AND some amount of discipline and the desire.

Basically this thread is dead.

I got the responses I thought I'd get: a bunch of people ignoring me when I said I've done this shit for years and am wanting it to be simpler.
I know it can be, because if I take the money factor away it's easy as shit. I'm just trying to do it on a budget.

Funny you ask, because you get answers you don't like,and get defensive. So why ask? Your mind is already made up.
So I nailed it right here. LOL. The protein quality is garbage. Go ahead and convince yourself overwise.

You don't really believe that do you? Because you still have to workout, and you still have to have some intelligence AND some amount of discipline and the desire.

Basically this thread is dead.

I got the responses I thought I'd get: a bunch of people ignoring me when I said I've done this shit for years and am wanting it to be simpler.
I know it can be, because if I take the money factor away it's easy as shit. I'm just trying to do it on a budget.
ok, then you have all the answers, then why bother asking questions? Did you lose an argument with your girl friend today, and you had to make yourself feel redeemed? LOL

What's simpler and more on a budget than chicken and oats!
I think this must be Sumner messing with us. This dude can't be as thick as he seems. "Male model" eh? LOL

So I nailed it right here. LOL. The protein quality is garbage. Go ahead and convince yourself overwise.
Yeah, he's either a troll or he just has to take about 5 or 10 years to learn the hard way by himself

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?
Hot dogs?
I already said you all had decent points and this isn't about hot dogs; hot dogs were off the list.
Jesus.

This is the whole attitude that you can't have convenient, cheapness, and have to "sacrifice" so much to be healthy and have a great physique is what I've called bullshit on.

ok, then you have all the answers, then why bother asking questions? Did you lose an argument with your girl friend today, and you had to make yourself feel redeemed? LOL

I think this must be Sumner messing with us. This dude can't be as thick as he seems. "Male model" eh? LOL

Yeah, he's either a troll or he just has to take about 5 or 10 years to learn the hard way by himself

Your responses clearly aren't in response to anything I've said.

"You have all the answers"

Awesome; shove words into my mouth I never said. That way you can argue with your imagination or skewed words. Much simpler.

And Yes, I've been, for quite a few years, a male model. I'm sure a few on this forum are. I'm technically a sponsored athlete by a local supplement shop ( a few actually) but that is not that uncommon for those with good or great physiques.

Here, challenge to everyone in this fucking thread who just wants a fight: show me your picture holding a piece of paper with your screen name and I'll post up mine. Keep telling me how much I don't know or how I need another ten years.

I asked for creative or original conversation and get this crap. Everything became a pissing contest the minute I wanted a better thread.

I asked for creative or original conversation and get this crap. Everything became a pissing contest the minute I wanted a better thread.
Dude, you started off with hot dogs in this thread, and then progressed to a "bag of chips" so what do you expect? Here's MY challenge to you: if you can get or stay buff on eating dogs and bags of chips every day, then go for it my friend. Please show us how it's done. Eat that garbage daily for three months, and then see how you look, and feel, and how your time in the gym has progressed.

If you can do that and get in great shape or stay in great shape, (if you already are) then more power to ya man. Show me how that's done. However again: I will steer you right back to what I said about some of the whole diet thing will depend on your actual specific goals. Do you desire 5-7% Body fat, or are you content with 15-17%???? And at whatever BF % you're shooting for, are you content with 15" arms and a 42" chest, or is your goal more along the lines of 17-19" arms with a 48-55" chest? None of those examples are right nor wrong. It's a matter of what your goals are.

If you're in the profession that you claim to be, then surely you must be in great shape, and it must have taken you some degree of discipline to get there, no? Or do you just happen to be one of those 20 year old guys who is blessed with superior genetics and a quick metabolism? If it's the latter case, then much of what many of us here have to do won't apply to you, (at least not for another 10-20 years when age begins to catch up with you). But if you're of the former example, and it has taken you some discipline in the kitchen as well as at the gym, then why are you even asking questions about hot dogs and chips???? Either way, you got your answers here. If you don't like them, then show us all how it's done.

Chickens one of the easiest thing to prep! I can't help someone that doesn't want help. I'm just gonna tell you what you wanna hear!! Go for poptarts and protein shakes and tell me how your physique looks. For Keto eat your avocados and proteins shakes!! BOOM NEVER GOTTA PREP ANYTHING AGAIN.

I mean if you really enjoyed hot dogs you could have a local butcher make you low sodium all beef dogs from extra lean beef . probably be about 12 bucks a pack and there goes cheap and convient but you could get a healthy hotdog . but its very unlikely you'll find any in the local store . Maybe one of the is a expensive health food stores .

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Back