• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Knife making help

Kronikmstrb8r

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Anyone here a knife maker? I got these today and need to get scales for the bowie and kinda at a loss of how I'll get one put onto the little letter opener deal.

Any tips for me? This will be my first go on hopefully a very time consuming and rewarding hobby.
c01741319ac7f6fe330a01befc03649c.jpg
98cac16c0d55d0759bd2624c18030161.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Damn that's pretty cool. Why buy a knife when you can just make your own. When you finish this project please show all of us the end results.

I love knives. Seems like making one would be pretty hard, no?

I love knives. Seems like making one would be pretty hard, no?
You can get unhardened blanks that you can shape with hand tools. Look it up on YouTube it's quite interesting. That will be a next project after these.
For the larger one, I imagine my buddies Colt 45 cherry wood grips on there. You know the grips with the gold Colt medallion? It would look nice if you put Colt grips on there and shaped them to fit your knife. No matter what you choose im sure it will be nice when it's completed.

Example:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?v...608037770048177387&selectedIndex=0&ajaxhist=0
Yeah that's a cool idea. I just ordered african black wood though. Though it looked badass. Also got steel pins to put through the handle. Trying to offset the brass hand guard. Hopefully I can a close to finished product next week.

One of my good friends who got me into firearms builds his own AR15 rifles. He has even built several nice looking Colt 45 hand guns. He went to some school to learn with a well know gun guy. I think the guy's name is Larry Vickers if I remember correctly. He taught him how to completely build a gun from parts. The finished product is amazing. I don't have to ability to do such things but it would be cool.

IML Gear Cream!
One of my good friends who got me into firearms builds his own AR15 rifles. He has even built several nice looking Colt 45 hand guns. He went to some school to learn with a well know gun guy. I think the guy's name is Larry Vickers if I remember correctly. He taught him how to completely build a gun from parts. The finished product is amazing. I don't have to ability to do such things but it would be cool.
You think his name is vickers ? That guy is kind of a big deal

You think his name is vickers ? That guy is kind of a big deal

Ya sorry bro, I'm not up to speed on who's a big deal in the gun community. I was just going by what a friend said.

Ya sorry bro, I'm not up to speed on who's a big deal in the gun community. I was just going by what a friend said.
No big deal you didn't know but the guy was delta force and is pretty much a bad ass. I think it's cool that your friend was able to take some classes from the man and than pass knowledge off to you.

No big deal you didn't know but the guy was delta force and is pretty much a bad ass. I think it's cool that your friend was able to take some classes from the man and than pass knowledge off to you.

You're right, I just got on you tube and searched him. Apparently he is very popular. The man has videos all over you tube. I watched a few and can obviously tell he knows his shit. What's funny is, by looking at him you would never guess he's a highly trained bad ass. Looks can be very deceiving. I would not jack with him.

Finally got all my handle making equipment. This is what I was able to accomplish last night.

Note to self I need to learn more about soldering. It was the shittiest part.
882a558611be89f726cbd151b9c029eb.jpg
0724f590da4f51b164db1c28f0b79b77.jpg

i make dugouts and surgical steel hitters. i like metal working and wood working. ive actually been thinkong of makong a badass knife soon. i make my hitters out of surgical stainless steel. and am avout to do some in titanium. i wana make a titanium knife sooo damn bad.

i make dugouts and surgical steel hitters. i like metal working and wood working. ive actually been thinkong of makong a badass knife soon. i make my hitters out of surgical stainless steel. and am avout to do some in titanium. i wana make a titanium knife sooo damn bad.
Right now I just have equipment for handle making. Would love to have a forge and anvil soon. To do real work

ya no kiddin. i wanna buy some flat stock medical grade titanium as it is i believe on of the easiest grades to work and try fuckn with it. i think before i do that ima buy some ti tubing and see how hard it is to work. ive heard from some its too difficult but them some have told me if you can work 304 or 316 stainless you can work some of the softer titaniums

- - - Updated - - -

or just may end up using flat stock stainless. as i am really good at polishing it. the hitters i make have a mirror finish on them

Anyone here a knife maker? I got these today and need to get scales for the bowie and kinda at a loss of how I'll get one put onto the little letter opener deal.

Any tips for me? This will be my first go on hopefully a very time consuming and rewarding hobby.
c01741319ac7f6fe330a01befc03649c.jpg
98cac16c0d55d0759bd2624c18030161.jpg

I like it , but how many pain pills are you taking tonight ?

Back