• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Looking for answers

Gracieboy

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Well,
Bad day for me. I just left the ER and i have a distal bicep rupture. Ill see my surgeon on Monday and i expect to have surgery early next week. Im hoping someone can answer this question, will you ever be able to lift again after this type of injury? If so, will i always be prone to it happening again or is it stronger after it heals, like a broken bone? Any information from someone who has experienced this injury is greatly appreciated.

Damn, sorry to hear!

I have never had your specific injury but have some tidbits you may want to consider.

tendons/ligaments are collagen based material that have a very slow natural cellular turnover rate of 300-500 days and are non vascular. This all leads to very slow heal times. Most people dont realize that vitamin C is on of the most important factors in collagen synthesis. Most athletes dont consume a lot of fruits due to the sugar content and as such dont get anywhere near the Vit C they need so support their lifestyle. Heck most non-athletes dont get enough either and its why cardiovascular disease is a leading killer (arteries are collagen based as well).

Long story short, in order to speed healing and make sure you get a strong repair I would suggest you work up to bowel tolerance daily dose of vitamin C. Vit C is less toxic than water BUT if the dose is too high for you to digest it and it passes through to your colon it can cause gas/diarrhea. I generally recommend people use ascorbic acid powder (from bulk supplements or the like) and start with a single morning dose of 200-500mg, if that causes no intestinal issues, add an evening dose for a couple days and then expand to a noonish dose. Then slowly increase dosage in the same order. I would shoot for at least 6 grams total daily intake if you can get that high (2g three times a day). Ading in lysine and proline can help a lot as well or alternatively a collagen product if ya want to try one. They are generally just a bunch of aminos that help provide the raw materials for collagen.

Best of luck man, hope you have a speedy recovery!

On an aside, in my mid 30's to mid 40's I suffered from joint aches and pains all the time, certain exercises caused more pain than others and always had to switch stuff out and have extensively long deload weeks. I normally lift in the 6 rep or less range. Since starting large dose vit C years ago, I have not had to cycle out any exercises due to tendon/ligament pain or do any extensive deloading.

Back