• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

How far out can I prep food?

T

tone

Get Shredded!
I'm currently prepping for 7 days every Sunday. Can I up my preps to 14 days?

It's just the basics..

Chicken
Fish
Red meat
Turkey
Green beans
Asparagus
Broccoli
Sweet taterz..

Thanks guys!!

No dude lmao. That shit will all be disgusting. Usually 3 or 4 days max

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Edit.. meant to say I'm freezing the other 7 days worth LOL!

I've always prepped for 7 days and never had a problem.

Ahhh yeah. I have a bunch of frozen meals

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

I work 10 days on 4 days off so I prep all 10 days worth of 2 meal per and eat breakfast and dinner at home

1stplace.. You're cooking 10days out? Did I read that correctly?

Do you refrigerate or freeze?

I just finished prep on 5 days of lunches cod, turkey burger and chicken. I cooked 2 bags of cauliflower-broccoli. I buy 2 doz hard boiled eggs and cook oats and portion them for the weeks breakfast. I keep them in my yeti for the week and have no problems.

1stplace.. You're cooking 10days out? Did I read that correctly?

Do you refrigerate or freeze?
Yes I do. Refrigerate. Pre cook chicken and steak and I just use frozen bags of vegetables each day I throw a bag in with whatever protien for the two meals then microwave them.

I have had week old chicken but everything else is daily . Rice sucks (to me) even after a day unless I can heat it.

I like my food to be more fresh so 3 days max.

Nothing like fresh rice that is cooked well.

If you go over 4 days I would freeze the remainder like frozen dinners it will stay good . but freshness and taste will suffer

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

I just prep meats and vegetables in big Tupperware and portion daily with fresh rice and potatoes.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

If you blanch the greens, you can freeze them after. I learned this the hard way after trying to freeze them raw. You can also freeze the meats ONCE after cooking (so once it thaws you're SOL). I don't think starches hold well in the freezer though.

There are a few foods that I prep huge batches of because it takes a good 8 hours to make and isn't worth doing in in small batches. It holds just fine in the freezer for a month or 2. If I want it to last longer I toss it into my chest freezer to get about 6 months or so.

Everyone in this thread who is regularly doing this shit... you better have a four pack to show for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was Doing it two weeks in advance. Just cook it and freeze it. Ate it cold most of the time I don't give a fuck. Now I'm doing it about 7 days or so.

Get Shredded!
When I haven't time. Basics cook for 10days and freezing.

Back