• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Training to Failure

DUTCHPHARMA-old

Inactive Account
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Ive recently been utilizing partial sets and holds rather than dropsets to failure. I feel like the partial sets and holds at the end of the set pushes the body more into a hypertrophic state. I have had what I consider better results in both strength and development with the partials versus failure sets.
Do you guys have any experience or thoughts on this?

I never got anything out of static holds or partials really, I know it's extra TUT, but in such a limited ROM... But then again I haven't tried them on gear...

I never got anything out of static holds or partials really, I know it's extra TUT, but in such a limited ROM... But then again I haven't tried them on gear...

It seems to work pretty well for Jason Huh. But seriously...I do like to add in partials at the end of a set where I already reached the point when I can no longer complete full reps. It keeps the set going. Its not those first few reps that drive muscle growth, its those last one or to hard ones that you barely got that signal to your body that it better build muscle so that this doesn't happen again. t an old ting I picked up from DC training

I do a lot of partials until failure on the last sets of most of my exercises also.

Yes. Partials to failure and/or cheat curls definitely are better than drop sets for my development.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. Partials to failure and/or cheat curls definitely are better than drop sets for my development.

Interesting, never thought about this much. So the portion of muscle *not* being exhausted by the full ROM exercise is more critical to hit via cheats and partials than dropping weights to stay in the full ROM "good form" zone, since that's just going to keep engaging the portions of the muscles that are hitting the wall and the others still won't get there. Makes sense. I may need to start cheating.

Interesting, never thought about this much. So the portion of muscle *not* being exhausted by the full ROM exercise is more critical to hit via cheats and partials than dropping weights to stay in the full ROM "good form" zone, since that's just going to keep engaging the portions of the muscles that are hitting the wall and the others still won't get there. Makes sense. I may need to start cheating.

The oak swore by them.

That and dbol.

It seems to work pretty well for Jason Huh. But seriously...I do like to add in partials at the end of a set where I already reached the point when I can no longer complete full reps. It keeps the set going. Its not those first few reps that drive muscle growth, its those last one or to hard ones that you barely got that signal to your body that it better build muscle so that this doesn't happen again. t an old ting I picked up from DC training

Jason who?

it seems to work pretty well for jason huh. But seriously...i do like to add in partials at the end of a set where i already reached the point when i can no longer complete full reps. It keeps the set going. Its not those first few reps that drive muscle growth, its those last one or to hard ones that you barely got that signal to your body that it better build muscle so that this doesn't happen again. T an old ting i picked up from dc training

^^^^ this!

Back