• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Your weekly grocery list.. (cutting and bulking)

T

tone

Get Shredded!
Where do you guys usually buy your stuff? Do you buy in bulk? Any tips to save a few bucks?

Cutting or bulking I usually grab...

Kroger chicken tenders (Kroger chicken tastes best to me)
93% Lean turkey
Large eggs
Swai fish/Salmon fish
Minute Maid Microwavable rice cups
Peter Pan Peanutbutter

My family gets a couple cows every year, so I eat a lot of meat.

The price per pound is insane compared to a store.

I have contacts to a butcher shop that is owned by my best friends family. I haven't priced it yet but I'm sure it would cost ALOT less than going to a store.

My family gets a couple cows every year, so I eat a lot of meat.

The price per pound is insane compared to a store.

Same here. Usually slaughter one every few months. So I'm in no shortage of organic beef.

My staples and pretty much all I have in the house are

oats
rice
chicken breasts
beef
eggs
egg whites
bananas
mixed berries
spinach/kale

I do eat out pretty frequently though.

Intense.. what does Kale taste like? I've honestly never had it... had some Kale chips one time. I enjoyed them.

Ground beef
Chicken thighs
wild caught cod
Eggs
pork butt(I make carnitas a lot)
Gallon of OJ
frozen asparagus trader joes
Frozen rice packets trader joes
Frozen sweet potatoes
Frozen Quiona
Frozen Cauliflour rice
fair life chocomilk
New- ezekial bread- so far I like the stuff ok not as good a s a good bread but better for my goal of remaining lean
PB
Avocado's as needed- or else they go bad
Chick pea pasta-
Canned san marzano tomoatos- for making pasta sauce with out sugar.

These are my main foods right now. I dont have to get that stuff every week but I refill what I run out of every week.

Intense.. what does Kale taste like? I've honestly never had it... had some Kale chips one time. I enjoyed them.

Shit.

lol no but it's not very pleasant, almost kind of bitter. I much prefer spinach, and actually enjoy cooked spinach. I primarily use them both for shakes though so when I blend them with everything else I can't even taste it.

Chicken titties
Steak
Ground beef
Cream of rice
Jasmin rice
Sweet potato
Red potato
1% milk
Cereal
Ice cream
Broccoli
Asparagus
Artichoke
Carrots
Donuts
Pop tarts
Gushers

Quick Oats (flavored)
Omega 3 Eggs
Egg whites
Blueberries
Whey Protien
Peanut Butter
White bread
93/7 Ground Turkey
Asparagus
Bell Peppers
Jasmine Rice
White Fish
Red Potatoes
Mixed veggies

Does not include cheat meals which could be anything or everything

I highly recommend Swai fish if you can find it. It's thick and flakey when cooked. Tastes like a really nice catfish to me. It's my fav. The calorie to protein ratio is great. 110cal for 25g.

I highly recommend Swai fish if you can find it. It's thick and flakey when cooked. Tastes like a really nice catfish to me. It's my fav. The calorie to protein ratio is great. 110cal for 25g.
I like any white fish except Tilapia, yuck!!! Garbage fish!

I've learned over the years not to skimp when it comes to meat, especially beef. I buy grass fed beef whenever possible. The taste difference (and tenderness) is well worth the cost to me.

I also like the quality of the meat that Costco sells. Ribeye steaks for $7.99/lb and tenderloin for $10.99/lb can't be beat. Their steaks are always very good. I also get their stew meat, which is just cut up ground chuck with the fat trimmed off. Throw that in the crock pot for about 8 hours with some Lipton french onion soup mix and God damn!!!!

I require a lot of variety as I cannot eat the same shit meal after meal, so I change up my protein quite a bit.

ground bison
chicken thighs
pork butts in the crock pot
ground turkey
frozen Talapia loins (from Costco)
large - extra large shrimp
lots of peanut butter (2-3lbs per week typically)
whole milk (2 gal per week)
lots of eggs (cage free)
quick oats
basmati rice
various frozen veggies
Subway sandwiches

$8 In whole eggs
$12 in egg whites
$14 in greens
$30 in chicken
$7 rice
$4 peanut butter
$20 steak
$10 fats/avocado

That's a rough guess. So about $105 a week. Oats and blueberries last a bit longer since they are only used post workout.

I've learned over the years not to skimp when it comes to meat, especially beef. I buy grass fed beef whenever possible. The taste difference (and tenderness) is well worth the cost to me.

I also like the quality of the meat that Costco sells. Ribeye steaks for $7.99/lb and tenderloin for $10.99/lb can't be beat. Their steaks are always very good. I also get their stew meat, which is just cut up ground chuck with the fat trimmed off. Throw that in the crock pot for about 8 hours with some Lipton french onion soup mix and God damn!!!!

I require a lot of variety as I cannot eat the same shit meal after meal, so I change up my protein quite a bit.

ground bison
chicken thighs
pork butts in the crock pot
ground turkey
frozen Talapia loins (from Costco)
large - extra large shrimp
lots of peanut butter (2-3lbs per week typically)
whole milk (2 gal per week)
lots of eggs (cage free)
quick oats
basmati rice
various frozen veggies
Subway sandwiches

That's a list for "bigs" right there... 2-3 lbs of peanut butter geeze!

Steaks
Ground beef
Chicken
5doz eggs
7 1lb bags of frozen veggies
Cashews

And I agree with you guys on tilapia. Here's an interesting read though. Don't buy your tilapia if it comes from China.

http://www.brandpointcontent.com/Pr...ilapia-are-equal-choosing-good-from-bad,22289

Ill forgive you on the tilapia but what is with the subway? Subway is the worst sandwich shop! What about togo's, Beach hut, Fire house subs, Quisnos(not really a fan).. hell raleys/belair or safeway make great sandwiches. but the best spots around me are either beach hut or not a chain. Beach hut is tough to compete with though.

That's a list for "bigs" right there... 2-3 lbs of peanut butter geeze!

Yeah, peanut butter is my main source of good fats so I put down a lot of it.

Ill forgive you on the tilapia but what is with the subway? Subway is the worst sandwich shop! What about togo's, Beach hut, Fire house subs, Quisnos(not really a fan).. hell raleys/belair or safeway make great sandwiches. but the best spots around me are either beach hut or not a chain. Beach hut is tough to compete with though.

Mainly due to convenience, really. There's one right across the street from where I work and I've been lazy lately and haven't done much meal prep in advance. My goto is the footlong tuna sub. I wish I had better options but beggars can't be choosers. Swiper is known to be a Subway whore so it can't be that wrong.

A ft long sub would eat up almost my entire day of cutting calories. I hate my metabolism. I have to cut on 1800 calories at 230lbs to drop 3lbs a week.

A ft long sub would eat up almost my entire day of cutting calories. I hate my metabolism. I have to cut on 1800 calories at 230lbs to drop 3lbs a week.

Holy shit. There's no way I could eat that amount of calories each day. I'm struggling keeping my cals restricted to 3000-3200/day on my current cut.

Yeah, peanut butter is my main source of good fats so I put down a lot of it.

Mainly due to convenience, really. There's one right across the street from where I work and I've been lazy lately and haven't done much meal prep in advance. My goto is the footlong tuna sub. I wish I had better options but beggars can't be choosers. Swiper is known to be a Subway whore so it can't be that wrong.

not wrong at all but subway just cant compete with this...

medium_santa_cruz_beach_hut_deli_costa_mesa.jpg

DSC_4993_bh_cmy.jpg

Oats
Basmati rice
Chicken breast and boneless skinless thighs
Lean beef
Eggs
Natural peanut butter
Cabbage
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Sweet potatoes and yams
Almond milk, unsweetened
Avocados
Tuna
Cream of rice
Rice Chex
Protein powder
Walden farms dressings
Very low sugar BBQ sauce
Other dead animals I kill (ducks, geese, deer, elk, quail, dove, turkey, wild pigs, etc)

Garlic.. I have a nice little smoker I got for Christmas. I smoke all my protein in it.. I smoked some dear sausage the other day... holy hell it was amazing.

And yes my metabolism is terrible.. that's the reason i turned to DNP. It lets me eat my maintenance calories on a cut. It is a blessing for me personally. Cutting on 1800 calories is absolutely the hardest thing I've ever done in my life.

Garlic.. I have a nice little smoker I got for Christmas. I smoke all my protein in it.. I smoked some dear sausage the other day... holy hell it was amazing.

I've been contemplating getting one of these for a couple years now. The only reason I haven't is I'm afraid the novelty would wear off and I'd quit using it.

I can't imagine NOT using it.. season your proteins.. throw it on slow cook for 2 or 3 hrs. It turns out magnificent.

It's fun to experiment with different flavors of smoke chips (apple,jackdaniels soaked,misquite,ect)
You can also cook it a bit faster if you want more smoke flavor on it. It's great for food prepping on a Sunday. Cook all weeks meals in a few hours in one go.

I love it.

Back