• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Gym ceiling height

JRotten

Old
Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
More questions on the home gym. I'm about to order my metal building that will contain my home gym. Are 10' ceilings sufficient or should I really go ahead and go with 12?

I'd guess 10 would be sufficient given most power racks are shorter than that. If you're planning on getting a monolift you may need a bit more though. Unless you're tall and a standing OHP would have the plates hitting 10' then obviously more is needed. Having said that, all things being equal I'd probably go for the 12 just to have extra wiggle room.

Figure out what you're going to put in there and then figure out how tall it is when moved. Ie you usually carry something in on it's back/side so when you tip it up it's going to be taller than when it's standing normally.

Of course if there's no really tall equipment it's not a big deal. A Smith machine can be put together onsite, things like power racks usually can't.

My garage is 9ft tall and with a commercial power rack it still seems kinda short. Pitch for the extra height you wont regret it.

Thanks. The standard building starts at 10' at the eave and goes up 2 feet, but for convenience sake 12 at the eave is where I'm starting the planning. I'll go backwards if I have to.

Looking at your quest for a home gym.

I would love to buy one of these prefab barn homes and setup the ultimate gym in the first floor.

http://www.barnpros.com/barn-plans-...AhTfrUfxAUJGIJyRn0k_GkNmkpp8PQEQKCxoCxl3w_wcB
Those are sick and make my little project look stupid lol.

2n9c29.jpg

Back