• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Struggle

Montego

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I get asked often why I train and eat like I do. Why bodybuilding? Why would you eat the same shit day in and day out? Why train to the point of nausea or fainting? Why? It doesn't make sense!

I used to think it was because I wanted to look good. Coming from being overweight my whole life that made sense,and maybe in the beginning that was the reason.

As I've continued I have realized it's the struggle. Not the struggle you hear typically of "the grind" or "suffering to be better". Just the challenge.

As humans we have something in us, most of us at least, to want to succeeded. Be it work, family or a hobby we want to be good at what we do. If you think about that though, is it just being good? Or is it looking at what you have done to accomplish your goal.

I see it all the time. Rich kids (some) who are depressed and worthless. Overweight people who's only interest is TV and food. They have no struggle in their life that produces a positive outcome. Sure they feel depressed but, that's directly from lack of struggle. They aren't challenging themselves. They have nothing to strive for.

Always try to find a rewarding struggle. Be it becoming a better father/mother. Learning to play an instrument. Improving your craft. Whatever you can dedicate time to that can produce a result you will be proud of will make you a happier person. It will be hard, you might even give up a time or two but, if you keep going back and trying again and again you will grow as a person in ways you don't even realize.

Great remarks Monte. The challenge and the striving, the goal to reach for is the key. Easy to forget sometimes.

If you're ok with telling, what did you get up to in your overweight days and what was the history behind that? What broke that pattern?

Great remarks Monte. The challenge and the striving, the goal to reach for is the key. Easy to forget sometimes.

If you're ok with telling, what did you get up to in your overweight days and what was the history behind that? What broke that pattern?
When I was 13 I was 5'4 285. In 09 I was pushing 310 with a 44' waist.

I just got tired of not being able to do anything. Walking up a flight of stairs would have me panting and sweating. Also, I was single again and that played a big part in things of course.

I hear what u you are saying. I'm not rich, but my wife and I do ok. I worry about my son...

02eb2e72cbafe945d7dfa06d6bbb35b6.jpg

i have overcome extreme poverty, being an orphan, I ended up going to Univ of Wisconsin, played college football, and currently getting my masters at Harvard... but my son is coddled by our middle-class cocoon. I'd hate to see him turn out to never realize his potential. This is probably what my wife and I argue the most about. I want to send him out into the wilderness and have him hunt a wolf or something... it's hard.
cc6f7b9e950d3c6f4a57dfbbcad68b4f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's all about homoeroticism, having a decent rig to frame your penis with, improving your odds of putting it in someone's hole without resorting to hookers and rentboys.

When I was 13 I was 5'4 285. In 09 I was pushing 310 with a 44' waist.

I just got tired of not being able to do anything. Walking up a flight of stairs would have me panting and sweating. Also, I was single again and that played a big part in things of course.

Wow, hard to picture man. At 13 no less. Amazing accomplishment.

Bro that spoke volumes to me. Great piece. Coming from being morbidly obese to having bariatric surgery to bodybuilding at age 50. I appreciate whay you said. Well written. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Great read Monte. If I get asked one more time "how do you eat the same thing all the time" I'm going to call my lawyer.

Eating the same thing all the time is how I got off track. I started a business and made no time for meal prep. It was easier to grab something on the run. I made excuses but I just didn't take the time . Working out soon stopped . I got 65 lbs over where I wanted to be . More than that when you figure the muscle I lost . About 5 years ago I decided to get in shape and lost down to 200 shedding the 65 . I felt good was working out again . I even ran a couple of 5ks . Then I got a virus that attacked my heart . I almost died. My Dr said I had a 33% chance of recovery or I was looking at getting on a list to get a replacement . Laying in a hospital bed wondering what's gonna happen is no place you want to be . My heart was so weak I had 17 lbs of water that I lost in two days . They weighed every thing I took in and that came out. When I got out I had a life vest . That's. portable defibrillator in case it stopped . I decided right then I was going to beat it . I started eating better. Walking first . I bought used gym equipment and made a gym in my basement . I made a recovery . Slowly but surly . I am back to functioning in normal range with my heart. I have started to use gear again but I am careful about how I feel and I don't use any stimulating drugs . Keep my BP in check . No it's a way of life again. When people ask me why do you eat like that . I just smile . You can have your burger and fries and large coke . I plan on living a full life and being in the best shape I can be while I do it .

Eating the same thing all the time is how I got off track. I started a business and made no time for meal prep. It was easier to grab something on the run. I made excuses but I just didn't take the time . Working out soon stopped . I got 65 lbs over where I wanted to be . More than that when you figure the muscle I lost . About 5 years ago I decided to get in shape and lost down to 200 shedding the 65 . I felt good was working out again . I even ran a couple of 5ks . Then I got a virus that attacked my heart . I almost died. My Dr said I had a 33% chance of recovery or I was looking at getting on a list to get a replacement . Laying in a hospital bed wondering what's gonna happen is no place you want to be . My heart was so weak I had 17 lbs of water that I lost in two days . They weighed every thing I took in and that came out. When I got out I had a life vest . That's. portable defibrillator in case it stopped . I decided right then I was going to beat it . I started eating better. Walking first . I bought used gym equipment and made a gym in my basement . I made a recovery . Slowly but surly . I am back to functioning in normal range with my heart. I have started to use gear again but I am careful about how I feel and I don't use any stimulating drugs . Keep my BP in check . No it's a way of life again. When people ask me why do you eat like that . I just smile . You can have your burger and fries and large coke . I plan on living a full life and being in the best shape I can be while I do it .
Thank you so much for sharing your experience.

Every day you were getting better and making changes, built up to the end result. I'm sure you feel like you have accomplished something monumental and the reward of a second chance at life is so much sweeter.

I always loved the Tom Hanks quote from a league of their own...
"Hard? Of course its hard! If it was easy everyone would do it. That hard is what makes us the great."

I myself love a challenge and enjoy the satisfaction of over coming that challenge. I do believe that bodybuilding is the grestest challenge I've ever had to accomplish. Always striving for more. To be bigger, leaner, stronger. Its what keeps me going. It keeps me challenged and it will forever keep me reaching for that next step.

Masturbating more than 5x a day, someday I will get there.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

It's all about homoeroticism, having a decent rig to frame your penis with, improving your odds of putting it in someone's hole without resorting to hookers and rentboys.
hookers will say anything for money, thats why I choke them, so they dont ruin my moment

They just need to make themselves feel better by finding something negative about our lifestyle brother. One remark that kind of pissed me off recently was "I'd rather enjoy my life than look like that". Like I don't enjoy my life lmao. I told him I do enjoy looking better than him with my shirt off and being able to pick up and play a sport with college kids and being competitive whenever I want.

They just need to make themselves feel better by finding something negative about our lifestyle brother. One remark that kind of pissed me off recently was "I'd rather enjoy my life than look like that". Like I don't enjoy my life lmao. I told him I do enjoy looking better than him with my shirt off and being able to pick up and play a sport with college kids and being competitive whenever I want.

Its not just looking better, its the health benefits you can gain by being lean, strong and knowing how to eat. (Im not talking about protein powder junkies). I think every person has the responsibility to keep their bodies in peak operating condition and you can do fitness many ways.

Your struggle is real.....never give up on your children.......Never.

I hear what u you are saying. I'm not rich, but my wife and I do ok. I worry about my son...

02eb2e72cbafe945d7dfa06d6bbb35b6.jpg

i have overcome extreme poverty, being an orphan, I ended up going to Univ of Wisconsin, played college football, and currently getting my masters at Harvard... but my son is coddled by our middle-class cocoon. I'd hate to see him turn out to never realize his potential. This is probably what my wife and I argue the most about. I want to send him out into the wilderness and have him hunt a wolf or something... it's hard.
cc6f7b9e950d3c6f4a57dfbbcad68b4f.jpg

Was 300 on TV last night or something?

Seriously can you imagine your son entrapping a wolf like that?

Lol... no but man needs a great physical and mental struggle to test themselves.
Let me give u another one: Bruce needed the joker to realize he was more than a millionaire, he became Batman! Lol

It was a struggle trying to fuck every woman in my town. I may have missed a few.

Back