• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Similar legitimate enterprise

judgmentalist

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Believe it or not, I actually have a good friend who sells and services exactly the kind of lab equipment required to do this. Assuming that I decide to do this myself, I would like to co-opt him into helping me set up a lab, but I don't want him to know it's true purpose.

Do you guys know of any legitimate hobbies or businesses that would require the same equipment? Off the top of my head I was thinking something with essential oils, but I don't know if the same sterility is required or desirable for that. Hopefully you guys will have some bright ideas...

Why would you need to buy through him? Just source all your lab needs on ebay or amazon if you want to be discrete

saying it's for essential oils wont work. maybe if you were making thc oils, that would be a different story

Why would you need to buy through him? Just source all your lab needs on ebay or amazon if you want to be discrete

Well for one thing he can watch for crazy deals on used pieces if he knows what I need. For another, I'm still learning what I need. It would be nice to have his experience available. May not work; just kicking things around.

Oh and I meant making your own essential oils.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tell him it's for a buddy. Don't tell him it's for you. You don't really need any crazy deals.. most of the equipment is pretty inexpensive for makingnessential oils

When he asks what kind, tell him something like shitake, reishi, or oysters. Using flow hoods, filtration devices, agar plates, autoclaves, syringes, hotplates/stirrers, etc. is commonplace. And given you are considering the equipment would be a very good hobby to actually get into. Even selling the totally legal medicinal varieties of mushrooms can more than offset any cost for the equipment and any AAS gear you could hope to ever use. You never know, there is a lot more quasi-legal activities, or at least no more attention getting illegal than AAS, that can be done with the same labware or a little more than you will be assembling for AAS prep. For example, there is quite a community of "amateur" chemists whose main focus is synthesizing compounds that are difficult to purchase because of being on some restricted, but still legal, list. Just for the sole purpose of being able to do. Doing an extraction and purification/distillation of capsaicin from habanero(or any hotter pepper) sure is a good test of your lab skills! Some other fun ones I've done are making your own gunpowder for muzzleloader/cannon usage, building rockets, including the entire engine/fuel from scratch, and doing various extracts from a number of different plants.

IML Gear Cream!
you are getting way too far ahead of things. You don't try to dupe a friend that knows his products: he'll know you well enough to know something is off, plus he knows better than you what to do with his equipment.

Believe it or not, I actually have a good friend who sells and services exactly the kind of lab equipment required to do this. Assuming that I decide to do this myself, I would like to co-opt him into helping me set up a lab, but I don't want him to know it's true purpose.

Do you guys know of any legitimate hobbies or businesses that would require the same equipment? Off the top of my head I was thinking something with essential oils, but I don't know if the same sterility is required or desirable for that. Hopefully you guys will have some bright ideas...

You are openly asking how to "set up a lab?"

I think you havent thought this through tbh.

When he asks what kind, tell him something like shitake, reishi, or oysters. Using flow hoods, filtration devices, agar plates, autoclaves, syringes, hotplates/stirrers, etc. is commonplace. And given you are considering the equipment would be a very good hobby to actually get into. Even selling the totally legal medicinal varieties of mushrooms can more than offset any cost for the equipment and any AAS gear you could hope to ever use. You never know, there is a lot more quasi-legal activities, or at least no more attention getting illegal than AAS, that can be done with the same labware or a little more than you will be assembling for AAS prep. For example, there is quite a community of "amateur" chemists whose main focus is synthesizing compounds that are difficult to purchase because of being on some restricted, but still legal, list. Just for the sole purpose of being able to do. Doing an extraction and purification/distillation of capsaicin from habanero(or any hotter pepper) sure is a good test of your lab skills! Some other fun ones I've done are making your own gunpowder for muzzleloader/cannon usage, building rockets, including the entire engine/fuel from scratch, and doing various extracts from a number of different plants.

What an awesome list! Thank you. To be honest, I just like building this kind of stuff for the fun of having a new project. I might end up using the damn thing to slice onions.

you are getting way too far ahead of things. You don't try to dupe a friend that knows his products: he'll know you well enough to know something is off, plus he knows better than you what to do with his equipment.

You are openly asking how to "set up a lab?"

I think you havent thought this through tbh.

Thanks for your input. However I would like to say something. Every time I ask a question here, one or more people feel compelled to tell me that I am getting ahead of myself or I haven't thought this through or some other variant on the same theme.

Then I have to reply, every time, stating that this is a research project for me. This is what I do for fun. I may never build a lab. If I do, there will certainly be people who will tell me I'm wasting money because I will have far more production capacity than I will ever need.

Of course I haven't thought this through. That is what I am doing now. If I had already thought this through I wouldn't need to ask any questions.

And if I tell my buddy that I want to build a lab in my basement for isolating capsaicin from habanero peppers he will absolutely believe me because it will be true, and because he already knows I do weird nerd shit like this.

The previous post suggesting that there might be ways to build a lab in the basement that could have a secondary legitimate purpose which might also allow me to recoup my equipment investment is fascinating to me.

So this is how it goes:

1.) Come up with a big idea

2.) Figure out why it's dumb

3.) Tweak it so it is less ridiculous

4.) Run cost/benefit analysis

5a.) Decide idea is too much work for not enough payoff OR

5b.) Implement some version of my original idea that often bears little resemblance to the original concept due to annoying "reality" issues.

So far all I have done is test my T, discover I'm low, get a legit script for Test-C, HCG and Anastrazole, and pin my quads a grand total of four times. Of course I am getting ahead of myself. Intentionally. So thank you for your concern, but I'll be aight. ;)

Thanks for your input. However I would like to say something. Every time I ask a question here, one or more people feel compelled to tell me that I am getting ahead of myself or I haven't thought this through or some other variant on the same theme.

Then I have to reply, every time, stating that this is a research project for me. This is what I do for fun. I may never build a lab. If I do, there will certainly be people who will tell me I'm wasting money because I will have far more production capacity than I will ever need.

Of course I haven't thought this through. That is what I am doing now. If I had already thought this through I wouldn't need to ask any questions.

And if I tell my buddy that I want to build a lab in my basement for isolating capsaicin from habanero peppers he will absolutely believe me because it will be true, and because he already knows I do weird nerd shit like this.

The previous post suggesting that there might be ways to build a lab in the basement that could have a secondary legitimate purpose which might also allow me to recoup my equipment investment is fascinating to me.

So this is how it goes:

5b.) Implement some version of my original idea that often bears little resemblance to the original concept due to annoying "reality" issues.

So far all I have done is test my T, discover I'm low, get a legit script for Test-C, HCG and Anastrazole, and pin my quads a grand total of four times. Of course I am getting ahead of myself. Intentionally. So thank you for your concern, but I'll be aight. ;)

Good perspective and "plan", lol. Actually I mean that.

Making the mycology side line pay is a fascinating idea too.

The only bit of implied criticism from the vets above that you should be sure to fully assimilate is that going the lab route and accruing large quantities of raw materials, usually by int'l shipments, suddenly puts you in extremely hot water that you ought to be prepared for in lots of ways. Maybe you've assimilated it already, but...

For an example, google "UGL vienna west virginia" for a Mar 2015 event that snuffed one of our better contributors here. This really bummed us out. And opened eyes, at least for the noobs. From the story details it appears that an int'l shipment of powder was the thread that unraveled the whole enterprise. Just some depressing food for thought.

Also give some consideration for your "anonymity" online, even in this forum. If you aren't at least using a VPN + tor, a dedicated browser if not a dedicated virtual or real machine completely devoid of personal details (via other browser sites, history, cookies, files on the computer including pics, logins, etc) then your anonymity is an illusion to any interested tech-savvy parties.

So this is how it goes:

Go right on ahead with your bad self :winkfinger:

Good perspective and "plan", lol. Actually I mean that.

Making the mycology side line pay is a fascinating idea too.

The only bit of implied criticism from the vets above that you should be sure to fully assimilate is that going the lab route and accruing large quantities of raw materials, usually by int'l shipments, suddenly puts you in extremely hot water that you ought to be prepared for in lots of ways. Maybe you've assimilated it already, but...

For an example, google "UGL vienna west virginia" for a Mar 2015 event that snuffed one of our better contributors here. This really bummed us out. And opened eyes, at least for the noobs. From the story details it appears that an int'l shipment of powder was the thread that unraveled the whole enterprise. Just some depressing food for thought.

Also give some consideration for your "anonymity" online, even in this forum. If you aren't at least using a VPN + tor, a dedicated browser if not a dedicated virtual or real machine completely devoid of personal details (via other browser sites, history, cookies, files on the computer including pics, logins, etc) then your anonymity is an illusion to any interested tech-savvy parties.

Thank you. I assume if I ever decide to do anything with this I will have to "go dark" and come back as a ghost but so far I'm not doing anything that really requires it. And I do appreciate the advice to be careful. So far, up to and including putting lab equipment in my basement, nothing I'm doing is illegal.

To be honest I'm probably too risk-averse to ever try to sell to others. Building the lab is the hobby in itself, and would be cool if I could find something legit to do with it.

I can't wait to look up that story.

Back