PDA

View Full Version : Hiit Cardio vs Liss Cardio

DUTCHPHARMA
05-05-2017, 09:18 AM
With so much science available regarding different cardio types its no wonder you see so many types of workouts at the gym. Moreover you read and hear so many opinions as to what works best for the results your looking for. Personally I find LISS to be very effective and as someone with bad knees, many of those high impact sessions are just too much. I have spoke with many competitors as well and as you might have guessed, everyone has a different opinion. I dont believe everyone is shooting for a sub 7% body fat so I know answers will vary but tell me bros. Lets assume diet is in check and currently in a caloric defecit to prep for a show......whats your go to cardio workout and why?

TouaregV8
05-05-2017, 09:26 AM
When I do cardio, which is not very often, I do LISS. I try to keep my heart rate in the neighborhood of 125-130 bpm. Ironically, whenever I suggest a cardio style for people, especially women, I always recommend HIIT. I obviously don't practice what I preach...

cash4377
05-05-2017, 10:20 AM
I've done HIIT, last time it was in my routine was during a 5-3-1 program. Same some results but my diet wasn't strict since it was mass building time. HIIT was def harder on my body but my training was mainly low rep, high weight so it balanced out.

Now I've been training with more hypertrophy with high volume, going to failure and pushing myself every training day. I do t think my body could then handle a HIIT program and still recover in time to get the most out of my training days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OfficerFarva
05-05-2017, 11:09 AM
They both have their place. I prefer LISS because if you're doing HIIT properly it's a real bitch. When I'm doing LISS I try to keep my heart rate around 130bpm. As for high impact you can do HIIT on a bike which will save your joints. The stepmill is my favourite machine for doing LISS. <3

olz
05-05-2017, 12:55 PM
some days it's:

- HIIT then a little bit of LISS

-all LISS

or

-body weight circuits then LISS

I like to mix it up..try to keep the stimulus "new"

GarlicChicken
05-05-2017, 01:57 PM
I prefer LISS fasted for fat loss. In the past the low intensity helped me retain quad mass while cutting.

Now others will completely disagree with that lol. Monte being one lol. But he has experienced the exact opposite. Which makes me wonder how much of that has to do with genetic makeup...

jerseydevil
05-07-2017, 05:45 AM
When on a cut I like to follow each weight workout with 15 minutes of HITT on an elliptical machine,then on non-weight training days in the summer I do LISS with a brisk 45 minute walk outdoors either in a park or on the beach in the summer heat and humidity. Talk about sweating.

Oldschool
05-10-2017, 12:25 PM
I can only so cardio once a week... maybe twice if she's in a good mood.

Montego1
05-10-2017, 02:20 PM
I can only so cardio once a week... maybe twice if she's in a good mood.
This is why I haven't done cardio in 6 months .

big_rich
05-10-2017, 02:40 PM
Doing hiit at the moment I prefer it to ss. Better use of my available time. I do sone days do liss but prefer hiit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Skinnyguy180
05-10-2017, 02:46 PM
This is why I haven't done cardio in 6 months .

Fuck I would cry..

Skip Foursome
05-10-2017, 03:12 PM
TDEE, daily macros and your body fat will determine if you need HITT or LISS. If any cardio at all.

There is no cookie cutter answer.

afg88
05-11-2017, 11:11 AM
cardio is just a tool some like dieting hard low low calories others like keeping cals high and throwing in cardio to bring them in deficit

Zyglamail
05-15-2017, 04:05 AM
cardio is just a tool some like dieting hard low low calories others like keeping cals high and throwing in cardio to bring them in deficit Cardio is much more than a dieting tool. How you do cardio will also have an on the energy pathways your body will improve. HIIT has been proven to burn more calories over a 24 hour period than LISS and in a much shorter period of time. For LISS is either done as a warm up for few minutes or for active recovery.

heavyhitter
05-18-2017, 09:47 AM
I do both. The liss for fatloss....and the hiit to get heart rate up and help with conditioning

OfficerFarva
05-18-2017, 10:11 AM
Cardio is much more than a dieting tool. How you do cardio will also have an on the energy pathways your body will improve. HIIT has been proven to burn more calories over a 24 hour period than LISS and in a much shorter period of time. For LISS is either done as a warm up for few minutes or for active recovery.

I agree, it's something you should do for your overall health regardless of your physique goals.

Montego1
05-18-2017, 10:37 AM
I agree, it's something you should do for your overall health regardless of your physique goals.
Bunch of figure girls round here......

OfficerFarva
05-18-2017, 10:51 AM
Bunch of figure girls round here......

Abs get you laid :kiss:

Montego1
05-18-2017, 10:55 AM
Abs get you laid :kiss:
Pfffffffffffffff no cardio in 9 months and I've still got some

OfficerFarva
05-18-2017, 11:03 AM
Pfffffffffffffff no cardio in 9 months and I've still got some