• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Just a few questions :)

Draggster999

Banned
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So yeah I have a few questions before I start my batch.

1. Can I use a 50ml vial to store my final product or does it have to be in 10ml vials?
2. When I've cleaned my stoppers can I dry them with an ordinary clean towel or can I not?
3. When sterilizing the vials after they come out of the oven do they have to fully cook down to room temp before putting my test e in them.
4. Can I use isopropyl alcohol to clean down my surfaces and it will make the area some what sterile.
5. I own a brake bleeder (the red box of anyone knows) does anyone how many pumps to use on it as it doesn't have a psi reading just a "inhg vac" which goes from 0 to 30 and it has a "mmhg vac" which goes from 0-760?

I already have the small glass vials but if I could buy just one large sterile vial it would save myself a whole lot of time so that's why I ask. Cheers guys

1. Yes you can do either
2. How did you clean your stoppers? You'll want to heat dry them in the oven at a low temp. DON'T MELT THEM
3. spray vials with alcohol then bake in oven.. You can put your test in them as soon as they're cool enough to hold and not burn the shit out of you.
4. Yes and no.. if your in a place that's dirty (house with pets) and by an air vent then your not ganna be very sterile at all. You'll want to invest in an exhaust hood and find an extremely clean room (Air wise). Always clean everything with iso alcohol.
5. As for PSI on your vacuum pump.. pay attention to how fast it is filtering. Pump it to where it starts filtering fast drips and don't get in a hurry or you'll blow through the filter.

What filters are you using? Glass microfiber?

You can do really well for things like transfers in a glove box. Working in a glovebox is very uncomfortable. If a few 50ml vial will hold your product, then just use a syringe filter, buy 50ml sterile vials, and use a syringe filter directly into the vials. You never make contact with open air really. Clean your stopper with alcohol before filling obviously.

That too.. ^^ If youre just making a small 50ml batch I would buy a sterile 50ml Vial and use a dreaded syringe filter and bam you're done. Get a caulk gun to safe your thumbs and hands. If you use a syringe filter you'll see what I mean.. it sux

I'll clean my stoppers with the standard bleach and washing up liquid method.

I was gonna make it all in my kitchen which is always clean, no air vents, don't have pets is that fine?

I'm using a nalgene filter I think it can hold 250ml.
Also can I run 250ml through a nalgene filter in one batch?

Tbh I'm looking between 250-500ml (I have 2 filters) I was just wondering if it would be easier for me but I've also been reading about how if i used a 50ml vial the more punctures I put in it the more chance of infection. I already have vials,caps and stoppers but was really just looking for a more convenient way for myself instead of having to sterilize the vials

I'll clean my stoppers with the standard bleach and washing up liquid method.

I was gonna make it all in my kitchen which is always clean, no air vents, don't have pets is that fine?

I'm using a nalgene filter I think it can hold 250ml.
Also can I run 250ml through a nalgene filter in one batch?

Dont use bleach and tap water use alcohol then dry heat . Water and gear don't mix plus tap water has germs that you don't want to inject into your body. When you drink it your stomach protects you but inside your muscle can cause problems

I use 200 degrees on vials and stoppers for at least an hour after a an alcohol bath . I usually soak vials for a day or two in a closed container the put the open side up on a cookie sheet with foil over it . Do stoppers the same way. For such a small batch I would buy sterile 50's and not worry about cleaning and capping .

Well since i already have the steppers and vials im gonna do it cause there's not point spending. Ore money on something I already have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back