• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Best Beef for roast (lowest fat) in crock pot

Jbatts

Banned
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
What beef cut should I look for for a crockpot stew that is low in fat? That fat on the outside of my stew meat is a pita and grosses me out.

most of the time red meat that is really low in fat does not stew well.. You need a lot of marbling or fat and connective to soften and release. with out it you would have a very dry solid piece of boiled meat. Your lower fat cuts like filet, skirt, flank, rib eye ect would normally be cooked to medium rare or rare.

most of the time red meat that is really low in fat does not stew well.. You need a lot of marbling or fat and connective to soften and release. with out it you would have a very dry solid piece of boiled meat. Your lower fat cuts like filet, skirt, flank, rib eye ect would normally be cooked to medium rare or rare.

Got it; any idea about the different types that do go well in a roast?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like a normal chuck roast.. But that is just "stew meat" before you cut it. I would just google pot roast recipes if i was you.

London broil is pretty lean

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Only way I will eat London broil is if it's sliced asada thin rubbed with Mexican spices and then bbqd

Slow cooking lean meat is pointless.

You could just trim fat off a regular shoulder or rump roast before cooking I guess. Would still have fat inside....

Why not grill flank or something? I'm lost

Yeah I get London broil and flank steak and cook as steaks not as juicy as a ribeye but neither is reheated chicken 4 days in a row I quit eating for taste a long time ago sure I have a good meal once or twice a week unless it contest prep but for the most part I'm eating with a purpose and taste is on the bottom of the list

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

IML Gear Cream!
Slow cooking lean meat is pointless.

You could just trim fat off a regular shoulder or rump roast before cooking I guess. Would still have fat inside....

Why not grill flank or something? I'm lost

Because I don't want to grill?
I want to use a crock pot; three minutes of dumping stuff in a pot and I'm out the door with it cooking for 12 hours.

I'll trim the fat off, I was just looking for better ideas from more experienced crock-potters :)

I just buy stew meat in the package. Best uf you briwn it first.
Best roast I ever had was a chinese recipe for pork but in a crock pot. OMG

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. Dont forget hamburger for stew meat.

Because I don't want to grill?
I want to use a crock pot; three minutes of dumping stuff in a pot and I'm out the door with it cooking for 12 hours.

I'll trim the fat off, I was just looking for better ideas from more experienced crock-potters :)
I cook a ton with a crock pot as well, just not red meat.

I usually cook about 4 days of red meat in 12 minutes in the grill and I don't have to worry about it getting harder then a 15 year old on prom night is why I asked.

Hell, put a Sirloin in the crock and wait for 6 hours i guess lol.

My girl made this today.
Chuck roast
Potatoes,carrots,onions,green beans, baby corn, cherry tomatoes, garlic and celery
I usually put spinach in but was in a rush and forgot.

Soooo good!
ea0a2235305e43c2ec04f0e17804af04.jpg

I'd probably drop the potatoes because I'm leaning out, but that does look damn good. Spinach though? That sounds healthy but soggy; how does Spinach turn out?
Leaves or cans?

And I'd usually eat like 9 bowls of that easy, by the way.

I'd probably drop the potatoes because I'm leaning out, but that does look damn good. Spinach though? That sounds healthy but soggy; how does Spinach turn out?
Leaves or cans?

Fresh baby spinach and it works great. The leafs are small so they don't get soggy, that might happen with regular spinach but I've always used baby. They just shrivel up and add a nice color hopefully some health benefit lol.
I've also put in other veggies like asparagus , I've used broccoli before but you want to keep the pieces small, they will get soggy but they hold a lot of the stew flavor so the smaller pieces are actually pretty tasty .
I'm going to start using a crock pot a lot more. I have 3 of them lol. I always intend to use it but never do. I want to find some good chicken recipes. Then shred the chicken for easy eating.
I'm a constant bulker, I've posted on here several times of my meal prep and it's a lot lol. Got to find easier ways to take this food down

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Yeah I eat the contents of an 7 quart crock pot for dinner pretty regularly. Two cans of green beans and one of carrots, with 2.5lbs of chuck roast.

Back