• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Satellite vs Cable?

Netflix, Hulu, Amazon prime.

Cheaper than cable

Satellite... Cable?

Jailbroken fire stick with kodi. Watch everything and anything whenever wherever

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Even get any fuckin sports game you can imagine

Satellite... Cable?

Jailbroken fire stick with kodi. Watch everything and anything whenever wherever

I gotta get this. I use cable, cable internet is the bomb

I installed both for a long time and Dishnetwork is my favorite provider and they genereally have the most useful features on their equipment because they actually design and build heir own. Satellite is usually more reliable with much better uptime than the wired options and rain has to be really bad to effect it at all, at least at my latitude. The fiber optic options all the way to the Demarc on the side of your house like Verizon FIOS are really good but expensive and Motorola makes shitty boxes. AT&T Uverse is by far the shittiest of all of them, but itnis entirely possible that is because of the old phone lines in my neighborhood and the installer did a nightmare job. Sometime in the summer when my crawlspace is dry I will rewire the house which I know will at least fix the tv service in my kids' room, but I am hoping to be able to drop AT&T for everything except cell service, at which point I will go back to Dishnetwork for TV and cable for internet service.

I also have a firestick with Kodi. There are live TV add-ons for it.

Sent from my Alcatel 7046T using Tapatalk

I also have a firestick with Kodi. There are live TV add-ons for it.

As Lokthan said, you can watch any and everything for free. I watch all the movies that are in the theatres, TV series, live UFC events, you name it you can watch it.

Satellite... Cable?

Yep.

We had our satellite cut off about 3 months ago. Save about 120 bucks a month.

We do have cable Internet though. If you don't have REALLY good Internet, don't bother with the firestick. Anything streaming like live sports or ufc is a pain in the ass to hunt down a stream that is high quality and doesn't look like shit if your connection sucks.

IML Gear Cream!
Yep.

We had our satellite cut off about 3 months ago. Save about 120 bucks a month.

We do have cable Internet though. If you don't have REALLY good Internet, don't bother with the firestick. Anything streaming like live sports or ufc is a pain in the ass to hunt down a stream that is high quality and doesn't look like shit if your connection sucks.
Very true.. We pay for 100mb and sometimes that still has trouble now and then

I have DIRECTV and cable internet . I pay up , probably 375 a month , but to me it's like a phone ... can't be without it . I've had DIRECTV since the 90's . I've had the hacked cards and most recently the jail broken fire stick . To me they are just to unreliable . You look through 30 possible choices for the same movie and when you finally find one that works it's in 120p (lol) with Korean captions . In the end mine isnt working. Some guys seem to have better luck with these options maybe I'm doing it wrong.

I have DIRECTV and cable internet . I pay up , probably 375 a month , but to me it's like a phone ... can't be without it . I've had DIRECTV since the 90's . I've had the hacked cards and most recently the jail broken fire stick . To me they are just to unreliable . You look through 30 possible choices for the same movie and when you finally find one that works it's in 120p (lol) with Korean captions . In the end mine isnt working. Some guys seem to have better luck with these options maybe I'm doing it wrong.
Youre doing something wrong dawg. Plus.. 375 a month for cable and internet wtf? I pay 50. Month for 100mb internet

Youre doing something wrong dawg. Plus.. 375 a month for cable and internet wtf? I pay 50. Month for 100mb internet

Yeah you're doing something wrong lol.

Everything I watch besides movies still in theaters and live stream is in HD.

Nothing beats the simplicity of having cable or satellite. Although the fire stick is awesome to have it can be a pain in the ass. Much simpler to view a guide and hit enter and Watch whatever. Reliability goes to cable. I choose reliability over price. I pay 100 for phone cable internet with cable. Dish was 42 for two years then went to 75.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you guys actually retards? All you do it push some arrow buttons... How are you guys even capable of running gear

Lol I figured . My fire stick worked a while and I did get some good movies but then it got less and less reliable . Probably didn't update . But yea just saw Dtv come out it was 226.00 and cable for 150mpbs was like 150 with the modem/router.

I have 60mb/s internet...best that can be had around me. It's enough for PSVue streaming through a Roku box. Also have Hulu, Netflix and Amazon Prime. Rarely have streaming issues but I do have the best wifi router available, which may be some of your guys issues.

Lol I figured . My fire stick worked a while and I did get some good movies but then it got less and less reliable . Probably didn't update . But yea just saw Dtv come out it was 226.00 and cable for 150mpbs was like 150 with the modem/router.
Jesus dude thats insane expensive

Get Shredded!
For the record, do not use a providers modem with built in wifi...have them disable the wifi and buy your own router.

Get this: https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-AC53...1493475217&sr=8-11&keywords=netgear+nighthawk or the newer X10 if you're serious about streaming.
Dad has the nighthawk you can signal for well beyond your property line. Ive noticed provider privided wifi is trash. I dont get very good signal in my master bed on the other side of the wall

firestick , i dont watch TV other than UFC and Boxing .

100mbit? Pfft.. I run at 300mbit and still find it slow at times. I also have a shit ton of devices burning thru bandwidth, so....

Agreed 100% on provider Wi-Fi sucking ass. That nighthawk router is a nice one, and meraki and juniper make good ones as well.

I don't watch enough tv to justify the firestick and kodi and all that... I have basic netflix so I can watch occasional episode or 2 or 3 of older shows and that's it.

100mbit? Pfft.. I run at 300mbit and still find it slow at times. I also have a shit ton of devices burning thru bandwidth, so....

Agreed 100% on provider Wi-Fi sucking ass. That nighthawk router is a nice one, and meraki and juniper make good ones as well.

I don't watch enough tv to justify the firestick and kodi and all that... I have basic netflix so I can watch occasional episode or 2 or 3 of older shows and that's it.
Lol. We had options for fiber but money be tight

Back