• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Calories or Macros?

NikonShooter

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
In the process of trying to add Mass, while not getting too fat.

I have never been a big eater. I eat normal size meals and snack in between. Three full meals, and three snacks a day.

At the end of the day, is it more important to get calories in, or stay within a macro goal, low fat, hitting protein mark, etc.

When tracking macros, I try to keep fat under 90g, protein I am for 1g per body weight.

So at the end of the day if I could only eat 3k while hitting my macros, or I can eat 3,500 while being a little more flexible.

What do you feel is better?

Sitting at your macros is going to give you a much more efficient way of altering your diet if lets say you start to gain to much fat youll look and say okay ill drop some carbs or whatever vs im not sure what i have been eating on a consistent basis

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

I've been eating at my macros, but I'm to the point where I literally cannot eat any more. Unless I wake up even earlier or wake up in the middle of the night haha.

I just feel I'm not gaining as much as I should be since I can't eat that much. I average 3k a day at my current macros.

I've been eating at my macros, but I'm to the point where I literally cannot eat any more. Unless I wake up even earlier or wake up in the middle of the night haha.

I just feel I'm not gaining as much as I should be since I can't eat that much. I average 3k a day at my current macros.
If youre still hungry then your body is needing nutrients so up the numbers

I cant really give you great bulking advice as Im not great at it myself but consider a couple things..

Seems right now you are doing high carb, High protein low fat at 3500 calories. Try adding carbs to your bulk and lower protein slightly and increase your calories to 4000.. For me its a lot easier to eat carbs than protein..

You could also try a different approach try changing your diet to high fat high protein and then play with your carbs. over 100 grams for bulking and under 70 for cutting is a good starting point.

I don't think people on this site experiment enough with diet.. most are willing to try any drug for a short period of time to see how compounds affect them... but act like changing a diet they laid out 4 months ago is breaking the law...

Bottom line is there are tons of foods that are healthy and tons of ways to lay them out in a diet. Some will work for you and not work at all for other people... Some wont work for you but others will swear by it... Try em all. If you do you will be that much more educated on how your body handles macros and different foods..

Skinny. That's solid advice and a good idea! I'm on the gym right now but will check back.

Eat big get big ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah isnt fat supposed to be above 100g while gaining?

Yeah isnt fat supposed to be above 100g while gaining?

I can be... It just depends on what you respond to. Some guys keep the fat low and eat heavy amounts of carbs with moderate protein. Look at Tren2ks diet.. I believe he keeps it below 100 but still eats 5000 calories.Id have to double check though.

I can be... It just depends on what you respond to. Some guys keep the fat low and eat heavy amounts of carbs with moderate protein. Look at Tren2ks diet.. I believe he keeps it below 100 but still eats 5000 calories.Id have to double check though.
Jesus. He have a log?

If youre still hungry then your body is needing nutrients so up the numbers

That's the problem. I'm not hungry. I almost have to force myself to even eat my snacks. Either an apple, Greek yogurt, or a rice Krispy with some peanut butter, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back