• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Forearm Development

DUTCHPHARMA

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Ahhh yes, forearms. What a great muscle when properly developed, it just fills out the arm proper and by the Golden Era standards, the forearm should be symetrical compared to the calf so typically those two muscle groups are or should be similar in size.
So tell me bros, what are some of your best movements for forearm development?

by the Golden Era standards, the forearm should be symetrical compared to the calf so typically those two muscle groups are or should be similar in size.

Well shit...this means I either have overdeveloped calves, or underdeveloped forearms.

forearms are pretty much genetic when it really comes down to it.
my forearms already over power my upper arms.. and I do zero
for them. ever.. if I did it would make my upper arms look
even smaller than they really are.
my opinion is if your forearms suck they prob always will lol

I never use straps. I don't really work my forearms, they are genetically developed so I just use them. I'll never understand the guys that use straps from the first set. Arthritis is one thing, but a 22 year old kid doing shrugs with 95 pounds on a barbell... I think some people just need to accessorize.

My forearms suck. I attribute it to never doing any manual labor....like ever. Most of my career has been in a sales type role wearing a shirt and tie. And using straps on DL, because my grip sucks. Ever notice the guys that work construction? Or any other manual labor job? Fucking Popeye forearms. Use your arms/grip day in and day out for work and chances are your forearms rock.

I have developed a hip problem that is limiting my cardio.I can't even ride a bike because of limited range of motion.I can do eliptical and I can walk OK.To get some variety I started walking while carrying 100lb. dumbells or farmers carries I guess they are called.I walk 50 yards down and back and my forearms are fried from this.I make it 50yds and then on the way back it is a series of 15yards drop the dbs shake my arms out then pick up the dbs and go again.My forearms and also traps are getting tremendous work from this.

Rice buckets bros. where all the ball players at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IML Gear Cream!
How to have forearms like steel cables:

One: pick things up but don't put them down.

Two: hang from things

Three: don't cheat

Strongest mofo I ever met hung off the side of a train for a living. He was old as ass when I was a kid, and he could squeeze you in half if he wanted to.

Ahhh yes, forearms. What a great muscle when properly developed, it just fills out the arm proper and by the Golden Era standards, the forearm should be symetrical compared to the calf so typically those two muscle groups are or should be similar in size.
So tell me bros, what are some of your best movements for forearm development?

I thought it was upper arm(biceps/triceps), neck, and calf were to be near same measurement for symmetry?

I just added direct forearm work with this new routine after hearing a Zane interview where he talked about them. I'll do about 12-18 sets a week. Most super set a curl movement with an extension for like 3/4 sets a few times a week. Try a few different movements, different tempos and see what works for you.

Forearm shot.Fortunately no turd in the toilet

Attachments

• 20170502_060218.jpg
    20170502_060218.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 38
d by the Golden Era standards, the forearm should be symetrical compared to the calf so typically those two muscle groups are or should be similar in size.

I think it was calves, neck and arms need need to be in proportion for golden era, but I could be wrong. As for forearm developement I do reverse curls, wrist movements and a weight with a rope and curl it up around a bar. They get developed a lot through secondary movements.

Back