• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Coinbase - Account Closed

grow4life

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
My Coinbase account was closed today on the basis that "upon careful review, we believe your account has engaged in prohibited use in violation of our terms of service..." Has anyone else had this problem? What is a good replacement? Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Very common for people making direct transfers to people that may not be completely inside the lines. Even legal businesses operating on the fringes have issues with payment processors etc. Gemini, LibertyX, as well as lots of stores that do in person sales... tons of other BTC exchanges out there, but unless you clean up your coin practices they will all be temporary. These exchanges don't want to lose customers and close accounts, but they have to protect themselves and they are already on the fringes of the most regulated industry there is.

This may be a silly question, but what precisely is the "prohibited use "that people are getting popped for with Coinbase please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This may be a silly question, but what precisely is the "prohibited use "that people are getting popped for with Coinbase please?

You are not allowed to make any transfers for items that may be prohibited in certain jurisdictions. Additionally you can not act as a monetary exchange or transfer service. Several things can get your account closed. If you are doing anything that can be construed as illegal or outside of financial regulations using their wallets etc, you are going back to be shutdown. Just like a brick and mortar bank is going to oversee the wires and credit card purchases you make with their instruments, but is not going to follow you off site to see where you spend your cash. Use the same logic you would with banks and cash and unless you are engaging in criminal enterprise that would raise the attention of law enforcement you have a very good chance of just being considered a good customer.

If you read the terms ANY regulated item ( legally obtainable or not) such as from a pharmacy can be a basis for termination.

If you read the terms ANY regulated item ( legally obtainable or not) such as from a pharmacy can be a basis for termination.

Exactly. They don't want the feds in their business driving up costs so they are proactive. Just think of BTC as cash and the exchange as your bank. Technically nothing illegal about the massage girl coming to your home or office to provide services but you still pay cash rather than check. Get your BTC away from the exchanges' wallets where they are forced to monitor you from 10' inside the lines. Move your BTC away from the exchange before you spend it. If you were doing that already and this still happened then tell us, but so far every timethis happens it is because people are using the exchange wallet as their personal wallet which takes away any anonymity so idk why people would do that in the first place.

Exactly. They don't want the feds in their business driving up costs so they are proactive. Just think of BTC as cash and the exchange as your bank. Technically nothing illegal about the massage girl coming to your home or office to provide services but you still pay cash rather than check. Get your BTC away from the exchanges' wallets where they are forced to monitor you from 10' inside the lines. Move your BTC away from the exchange before you spend it. If you were doing that already and this still happened then tell us, but so far every timethis happens it is because people are using the exchange wallet as their personal wallet which takes away any anonymity so idk why people would do that in the first place.

Thanks for the help. You have confirmed what I thought initially.

Thanks for the help. You have confirmed what I thought initially.

Thanks for bringing the subject up. Hopefully people are paying attention.

I've always used coinbase to buy, transfer to my own wallet, Bread, then perform transactions there. So all coinbase sees is me transferring money to myself.

I've always used coinbase to buy, transfer to my own wallet, Bread, then perform transactions there. So all coinbase sees is me transferring money to myself.

That's how it should be done or to add extra protection transfer it to another wallet opened specifically for that one purchase.

IML Gear Cream!
That's how it should be done or to add extra protection transfer it to another wallet opened specifically for that one purchase.
Bread creates a one time address for every transaction. A second wallet hop is probably overkill, but the exchanges monitor at least 3 hops I believe. Using VPN's with different IP addresses for the middle hops is probably not a terrible idea if you are really serious, but honestly he deniability created with a single intermediate hop is enough for small spends since you are no longer using the exchange's infrastructure. Kind of like taking cash out of an ATM versus wiring funds from a bank account. The bank isn't going to spend their resources to trace your cash. The exchange wants your business, they just have to comply with KYC regulations.

Back