• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Syringe filter

Btheman

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
How many ml can u filter through a .2 filter ? It seems to slow down after 100 or so . I was wondering what you guys usually get out of one .

I stop at about 30
I've think 50 is pushing it.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Copy & paste ahead...

HPLC Samples

The majority of syringe filter users are filtering sample prior to injection into and HPLC system. An HPLC vial has a maximum usable volume of 1.8mls typically and should be filled with approx 1ml maximum of sample.

Assuming a moderately clean sample, syringe filters can filter the following*approximate*volumes of sample:

4mm: 1-2ml
17mm: 1-10ml (could go as high as 50ml)
30mm: 1-50ml (could go as high as 100ml)

Obviously, the more particulates in the sample, the lower the volume which can be filtered.

But, for the majority of HPLC samples, a 4mm or 17mm is not only good enough, but also less expensive than using a 30mm filter. Instead of trying to save money by moving to a cheaper, less reliable filter, it makes more sense to move to a smaller size filter, save money, and still achieve the performance.

So why do so many people use 25mm or 30mm filters? The simple answer is that they are often just easier to use. If you have plenty of sample then filtering enough for an HPLC sample is really easy, even for more particulate samples. The available membrane area means that the sample is easy to push through and the filter is less lilley to block up. For really difficult samples, then the addition of a glass fibre pre-filter can help a lot as well, and these are only available in larger filter sizes

I use 1 filter for 50ml and still purge the filter...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I use 1 filter for 50ml and still purge the filter...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
It also depends on what kind of material DE filter is made out of personally I feel like I get more through a pvdf whatman zap cap filter and then any other brand or any other material such as nylon PES GDX. There are many things to take into account besides just the pore size.
Has anyone else tried a GDX Walkman filter?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Back