• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Training advice needed

Rickster41

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Yes I know this is in the pit but I like it here lol
Anyway about 4 months ago I had neck surgery to repair 3 herniated disks . The doctor said I can resume lifting but be careful. I haven't touched a weight in 6 months and put on 50 lbs during my recovery.

The question is are there any lifts I should avoid and should I start out with light weight and high reps instead of heavier weight with lower reps. Should I limit my gym time to only a couple times per week for the first few weeks . I want to be cautious but not overly so.

What do you all think?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Don't be fucking fat chicks... at least for 3 months. That's what my doctor says

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I know this is in the pit but I like it here lol
Anyway about 4 months ago I had neck surgery to repair 3 herniated disks . The doctor said I can resume lifting but be careful. I haven't touched a weight in 6 months and put on 50 lbs during my recovery.

The question is are there any lifts I should avoid and should I start out with light weight and high reps instead of heavier weight with lower reps. Should I limit my gym time to only a couple times per week for the first few weeks . I want to be cautious but not overly so.

What do you all think?

This seems to me like something you should ask your Doctor or a physical therapist, but I would not do anything behind the neck, for sure light weight to start out, maybe 4 days per week for about 45mins to an hour and pay attention to how your neck feels, and try not to "clench" or "tense" up when lifting, my oldest Son and I have a terrible habit of tensing/squeezing our neck muscles when lifting and we pay for it sometimes for a few days later.

Good luck and hope everything works out for you.

This seems to me like something you should ask your Doctor or a physical therapist, but I would not do anything behind the neck, for sure light weight to start out, maybe 4 days per week for about 45mins to an hour and pay attention to how your neck feels, and try not to "clench" or "tense" up when lifting, my oldest Son and I have a terrible habit of tensing/squeezing our neck muscles when lifting and we pay for it sometimes for a few days later.

Good luck and hope everything works out for you.
That sounds like pretty sound advice. The doctor was very vague and I didn't think to ask my PT while I was going to him. Thanks for the input

Yes sir, start light weight as possible and slowly build your weight. I would stay away from most back excercisees due to your injury. Unless it is very monetary. You gotta work back to your levels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok I think I have enough to go on now. Thanks too for the advice about fat chicks, good to know haha

What procedure did they do, I might have to have something done myself in the future I've been diagnosed with degenerative arthritis

IML Gear Cream!
What procedure did they do, I might have to have something done myself in the future I've been diagnosed with degenerative arthritis
I had a 3 level fusion done.

Back