• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Shopping for a suit

Dannie

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Last time I was shopping for a work suits I got them standard off the rack and had them tailored to fit.
They fit's quite well, some better than others but are quite restrictive and not have any stretch... I wonder where those movie spies get their combat suit from.

Anyhow my budget this time $300, are there any shops that do athletic fit or just normal / tailored fit with some stretch? Preferably mix and match option as usually suits come pants 3 sizes smaller than jacket so at 48 chest I would get fat fuck 42" pants and effectively would be forced to buy 2 suits.

Jay ferrar check him out brother. I have a few pin stripes from that collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last time I was shopping for a work suits I got them standard off the rack and had them tailored to fit.
They fit's quite well, some better than others but are quite restrictive and not have any stretch... I wonder where those movie spies get their combat suit from.

Anyhow my budget this time $300, are there any shops that do athletic fit or just normal / tailored fit with some stretch? Preferably mix and match option as usually suits come pants 3 sizes smaller than jacket so at 48 chest I would get fat fuck 42" pants and effectively would be forced to buy 2 suits.

No "athletic" or other off the rack suit is going to fit the regular guy on this web site.

I buy my suits on clearance at Jos A Bank. Clearance only, usually $110-150 (normally up to $850 or over $1000). I buy them to fit my chest and length. They ship to my house. Then I take them to the Jos. A. Bank Store. For roughly $50, they tailor the suits to fit me and my body type. The local tailor there does a great job, and each suit is less than 200 bucks with tailoring.

Forget trying to get them to fit off the rack. They are not meant for bodybuilders.

Even shirts - I finally found this outfit that makes "extra slim" shirts in my bull mastiff neck size. I checked out the measurements, and the chest and waist were a couple-few inches larger than my actual measurements. So I ordered. Excellent fit. They fit better than a shirt I recently had tailored to fit. The company does not have many extra slim shirts anymore. They have regular and slim fit. Guess what? The "slim" fit is a 54 inch waist. Under what fucking definition of slim is a 54 inch waist included? WTF???

Clothes are not made for guys like us.

Get it tailored.

I'd have to look at my husbands suits to see what they are but aside from the pants they're essentially off the rack- but they are an athletic fit

42" chest , 29" waist- the drop is off but the double vents hide a multitude of sin

basically an athletic fit should be a 10" drop, standard drop is 8"- not a huge difference as you can see

I'm not sure what your options are but men's wearhouse had a huge selection of fits
nordi's rack has incredible deals if you want to pick through them and 100% know how a suit should fit properly/and what can be tailored and what cant- fabric stitching and backing all matter

shoulders and chest and arms have to fit (all of my husbands suits are a hair snug in the biceps) tailoring for anything else is actually quite inexpensive but only worth it for quality fabrics

dark charcoal with minimal or no pattern is amazingly versatile for situations and complexions

I forgot to post the suit I got made on your side of the pond... Its money baby!

I found a 54" "slim" fit suit at a Mens Warehouse outlet store with pants at 40'' that fit almost perfect despite the pants being a little big. First suit in a long time I was able to get right off the rack, otherwise it's suit separates with minimal selection or colored suits and alterations

and now my husband is pissy at me because they're 44" chest

men and inches

No "athletic" or other off the rack suit is going to fit the regular guy on this web site.

I buy my suits on clearance at Jos A Bank. Clearance only, usually $110-150 (normally up to $850 or over $1000). I buy them to fit my chest and length. They ship to my house. Then I take them to the Jos. A. Bank Store. For roughly $50, they tailor the suits to fit me and my body type. The local tailor there does a great job, and each suit is less than 200 bucks with tailoring.

Forget trying to get them to fit off the rack. They are not meant for bodybuilders.

Even shirts - I finally found this outfit that makes "extra slim" shirts in my bull mastiff neck size. I checked out the measurements, and the chest and waist were a couple-few inches larger than my actual measurements. So I ordered. Excellent fit. They fit better than a shirt I recently had tailored to fit. The company does not have many extra slim shirts anymore. They have regular and slim fit. Guess what? The "slim" fit is a 54 inch waist. Under what fucking definition of slim is a 54 inch waist included? WTF???

Get it tailored.
I do the same thing. A colleague turned me on to this last year. I was amazed...lol

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

It's tough man. I worked a job for a couple years where I was suited up everyday.

The jacket and pants are tough, no way around it. You can get the jacket waist line pulled in, but the shoulders are a challenge. Pants can be worked around, but you're going to pay in tailoring. On the plus side getting a shirt darted is cheap and makes you look like a Greek god.

And a double vented jackets IS the way to go.

My best suggestion; whether its a cheap place or Sak's 5th Avenue, finding a good stylist to walk and guide you through has always been helpful. No matter how much you know, they know what's in stock and where the deals can be found.

Indochino. Custom suits starting around $300 during a sale. I have also bought their shirts and pants.

I also like Alden but they are more expensive.

GL

- - - Updated - - -

No need to buy off the rack anymore when there are a dozen good custom online suits for the same quality and price.

IML Gear Cream!
I pretty much echo what Sheri said to a T. Try to find one with a longer drop if you can. Double vented really helps hide the misfitting if you can't. I think tailoring is a must though. Try to find one that isn't too tight around the biceps, then have it tailored to fit better. At a minimum you gotta have the waist tucked in to fit better.

I also try to go with charcoal and navy. Pin stripes tend to look kinda strange on guys that have a wide back imo. Solid colors are easier to pull off and are more universal

Do they not sell extra medium in the Uk off rack?

Get it tailored.

How did you get about tailoring trousers? 48" chest would come with 42" pants, it was my understanding that pants can be only taken in by max 2" at the waist.
I would need 38" pants to allow leg room and then had them taken down to 36".

Suit would get tailored in for better fit, however I was hoping athletic fit would allow more arm and lat room. Also stretchy material would be less restrictive.
I'd have to look at my husbands suits to see what they are but aside from the pants they're essentially off the rack- but they are an athletic fit

42" chest , 29" waist- the drop is off but the double vents hide a multitude of sin

basically an athletic fit should be a 10" drop, standard drop is 8"- not a huge difference as you can see

I'm not sure what your options are but men's wearhouse had a huge selection of fits
nordi's rack has incredible deals if you want to pick through them and 100% know how a suit should fit properly/and what can be tailored and what cant- fabric stitching and backing all matter

shoulders and chest and arms have to fit (all of my husbands suits are a hair snug in the biceps) tailoring for anything else is actually quite inexpensive but only worth it for quality fabrics

dark charcoal with minimal or no pattern is amazingly versatile for situations and complexions

You sure know a lot about suits.
I will check out the shops you listed, can you please get brand of your hubby's athletic suit?
and now my husband is pissy at me because they're 44" chest

men and inches

Does 2" make a difference?

My chest is 50-52 and my waist is 33-35. In the USA in many stores you can buy any size pants with the jacket

Tailor is the only way for me on the jacket though.

My chest is 50-52 and my waist is 33-35. In the USA in many stores you can buy any size pants with the jacket

Tailor is the only way for me on the jacket though.
Not many over here do mix and match and jacket's of the ones that do have very little arm room. Note my guns are whooping 15.5"
I signed up with a reshipping company, I was thinking getting it shipped here and then have it tailored locally.

How did you get about tailoring trousers? 48" chest would come with 42" pants, it was my understanding that pants can be only taken in by max 2" at the waist.
I have never run into that issue. They take a bunch out of mine. I look like an idiot standing there holding up those pants so they do not fall down and expose me to everybody until the tailor pins them. I have been happy with the result.

Suit would get tailored in for better fit, however I was hoping athletic fit would allow more arm and lat room. Also stretchy material would be less restrictive.

You sure know a lot about suits.
I will check out the shops you listed, can you please get brand of your hubby's athletic suit?

Does 2" make a difference?

only in bed...

Pronto Uomo platinum for the off the rack that fits good

one of my old bosses is a 6' 7" jamaican that was built like a truck...I remember asking him where he got his suits and he said he had a tailor do all his measurements then he'd order them online with the measurements
I remember him saying they were relatively inexpensive too

Here is the one I had made recently

Get Shredded!
Not many over here do mix and match and jacket's of the ones that do have very little arm room. Note my guns are whooping 15.5"
I signed up with a reshipping company, I was thinking getting it shipped here and then have it tailored locally.

I just spwnt 4 hours shopping for a suit. It SUCKED!!

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the one I had made recently

looks nice. I got the same color blue. So brown shoes with it huh? I had that debate. Wasn't sure what to go with!

I just spwnt 4 hours shopping for a suit. It SUCKED!!

- - - Updated - - -

looks nice. I got the same color blue. So brown shoes with it huh? I had that debate. Wasn't sure what to go with!

Depends on the buttons... don't wear brown shoes if the sleeves of the jacket have black buttons.

You can't tell from the picture but that cloth has a square type pattern.

One question though... why you piss down your right leg? Camera shy?

I need to get a sling.... ever since my first born I haven't been able to hold my pee..

I've given up on suits as I don't wear them enough to invest the money in one that's tailor made. If I can't pull it off in a shirt and a tie, then fuck it.

Back