PDA

View Full Version : TRT as a "Gateway Drug"?

judgmentalist
03-23-2017, 10:09 AM
I'm curious if people who started out by getting on legitimate testosterone replacement therapy were so pleased with the results that they then decided to take it a step further on their own. I'm wondering if this is a common thing or if anyone can share their experiences of this nature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OfficerFarva
03-23-2017, 10:12 AM
They started calling me Oscar after my first time pinning :(

Intense
03-23-2017, 10:12 AM
Opposite for me.

judgmentalist
03-23-2017, 10:13 AM
Oscar? I don't get the reference.

Cruefan89
03-23-2017, 10:15 AM
A lot of people on trt don't workout or eat right. I work with guys on trt and you would never know it because they don't take care of themselves. Then there's the rest of us that do and that leads to wanting more like myself. When you say gateway you make it sound dirty. LOL.

judgmentalist
03-23-2017, 10:16 AM
Gets attention though, right? [emoji12]

judgmentalist
03-23-2017, 10:19 AM
Opposite for me.

Meaning that you started on the Darkside "" and then work your way back into TRT?

Intense
03-23-2017, 10:22 AM
Meaning that you started on the Darkside "" and then work your way back into TRT?

Yeah. So technically the gateway was "Test Boosters" if there's such thing as a "gateway drug", I hate that term.

Test boosters
2-3 prohormone cycles with pct
2 test cycles with pct
1 test/oral cycle with pct

Then got on TRT for good. But also, I got my baseline blood work tested before ever going on prohormones and my levels were low to begin with at age 20. Plus my SHBG was high, which is one of the reasons I believe I respond so well and feel so good on DHT drugs.

judgmentalist
03-23-2017, 10:23 AM
Yeah. So technically the gateway was "Test Boosters" if there's such thing as a "gateway drug", I hate that term.

Test boosters
2-3 prohormone cycles with pct
2 test cycles with pct
1 test/oral cycle with pct

Then got on TRT for good. But also, I got my baseline blood work tested before ever going on prohormones and my levels were low to begin with at age 20. Plus my SHBG was high, which is one of the reasons I believe I respond so well and feel so good on DHT drugs.

MoMo 8907
03-23-2017, 10:42 AM
The temptation is definitely still there no doubt................for those of us that love to work out, eat right, etc.......
However, I've refrained (for the most part ;-) because I enjoy being dialed in and frankly don't have the genetics to be a monster or truly get the value out of cycling IMO.

Mr. T
03-23-2017, 11:49 AM
Ive been on trt for 8 years with a horrible endo.that lead me into treating myself the way it should be done. I guess that's a"gate way". I know what you mean though. I've never been happier after taking it into my own hands after gobs of research.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

GarlicChicken
03-23-2017, 01:33 PM
Testosterone gave me a wicked cocaine addiction.

I suppose it could make guys want to use gear, but most legit trt patients just want to feel better and don't workout much

judgmentalist
03-23-2017, 01:39 PM
Testosterone gave me a wicked cocaine addiction.

I suppose it could make guys want to use gear, but most legit trt patients just want to feel better and don't workout much

Lol good point

elit3keraed
03-23-2017, 02:57 PM
I've been on TRT for several years and I have to say...Creatine was my gateway...I remember in high school saving up all my lunch money for a week and telling my folks I was going to hang out with a girl...In reality I was taking the bus to GNC to get that accursed elixir. I was so nervous walking into my home with it hidden in my bag that I almost dumped it in the gutter. I remember my mom knocking on my bathroom door telling me dinner was ready. I could barely understand her as my heart was pounding in my ears as I scooped out that white powder. My life was never the same after that. Several years later my doctor told me I was hypogonadal and my FSH and LH levels were low due to some injuries I suffered the end of high school. But I knew...I knew it was the creatine preparing my body for a lifetime of pinning.

elit3keraed
03-23-2017, 02:59 PM
But seriously, being on TRT has made me less concerned with running anything since I know I don't have to worry about post cycling and crashing etc. I started my own TRT after a bunch of shit endo's and andro's. I may be less inclined to run other shit if I had a doc monitoring blood work and test levels every few months.

WesleyInman
03-23-2017, 03:20 PM
Opposite for me.

Exactly I went from an AAS abuser to using HRT and staying at a legit low dosage.

I started off in the 1990's with creatine..so you can blame that as my gateway drug. (kidding of course)

Intense
03-24-2017, 05:55 AM
It's a sick addiction, it really is.

http://i.imgur.com/O1TRwd9.jpg

All it takes is one hit.

heckler7
03-24-2017, 06:26 AM
It's a sick addiction, it really is.

http://i.imgur.com/O1TRwd9.jpg

All it takes is one hit.creatine is the gateway

Mr. T
03-30-2017, 07:23 PM
I have to say now that I agree with this. After having a shitty endo I've been spending all my money on what I need for trt,but every time I'm on here I find. ..omg I need that, I should order that. Haha it's an addiction

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

JRotten
03-30-2017, 07:26 PM
I'm curious if people who started out by getting on legitimate testosterone replacement therapy were so pleased with the results that they then decided to take it a step further on their own. I'm wondering if this is a common thing or if anyone can share their experiences of this nature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkonce I was hypogonadanal there was no reason left for me to not cycle. It wasn't a gateway, just the only reason I had for not blasting was gone.