• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Testing protocol and timing with reference to a cycle

Phil6502

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
To all of you who have done the following protocol, when do you do this testing cycle? Do you PCT afterwards or just go right into your planned bulking/cutting cycle?

"Testing Protocol-(for labs that only range up to 1,500ng/dl)

Day 1. 300mg Cypionate OR Enanthate
Day 3. 300mg Cypionate OR Enanthate
Day 7. 300mg Cypionate OR Enanthate
Day 14. 300mg Cypionate OR Enanthate
Day 21. 300mg Cypionate OR Enanthate
Day 28. Total Testosterone Blood Draw (must be exactly 7 days after last inject)

Post lab results once you receive them. Please be specific about the dose, ester and protocol you used in your first post.

Passing results should be about 1,345 ng/dl ± 139 ng/dl. Due to the crude nature of this protocol, passing results may vary greatly.

Reference http://ajpendo.physiology.org/content/281/6/E1172

"

I'd like to do this test, but am a little unsure in a recovery period should be used, or if going right into a 12 week cycle after this would be appropriate. The other concern I have with this is of course messing with normal testicular function and HPTA issues. During a normal cycle, an AI and many times HCG is used to maintain testicular performance, but both of these would most definitely affect the results of these tests. How are all of you that run one of these tests compensating for this problem, or do you not feel that this dosage and duration cause appreciable downregulation of these systems. The reference study makes a mention of a recovery period but does not discuss a protocol for such.

The other issue I'm having is the reference that this protocol was derived from states that a GnRH agonist was co-administered with this cycle.

From the Reference:

"GnRH agonist administration suppressed endogenous LH and testosterone secretion; therefore, circulating testosterone concentrations during treatment were proportional to the administered dose of testosterone enanthate. This strategy of combined administration of GnRH agonist and graded doses of testosterone enanthate was effective in establishing different levels of serum testosterone concentrations among the five treatment groups. "

Given that, it would make sense that following the above dosage protocol without using a GnRH agonist would/could result in higher than expected results, especially in individuals with strong resistance to shutdown of HPTA and leydig cell downregulation. I know the protocol states that passing results may vary greatly, so were not really comparing like data sets.

That is the whole goal here, right, to make sure that the products being tested are of the appropriate dosage concentration.
Having said that, how much value are you all giving to this test protocol, and would it not be cheaper to use a service to perform an assay on the testosterone solution be more appropriate? In fact, the USP monograph for Assay of an injectable solution of Testosterone Enanthate requires a couple reagents, a couple pieces of glassware, and a spectrophotometer. Hell, after looking at all that, I may just need to buy a good ol' spec-20 and start farming out testing services, they can pretty easily be had for around a hundred bucks.

I'd be interested to hear all of your thoughts on this.

USP Monograph for Testosterone Enanthate:
http://www.pharmacopeia.cn/v29240/usp29nf24s0_m81240.html

USP Monograph for Testosterone Enanthate Injection
http://www.pharmacopeia.cn/v29240/usp29nf24s0_m81250.html

bump

Interested in responses as well- I am in this boat right now and will be finishing the protocol soon

Back