• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Carpal tunnel Syndrome treatments??

johnjohn

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Anyone ever had this ?? Got it in my right hand so bad I can't even hold a pencil in it. I have to modify everything at the gym because of it. I've tried rest, ice, ibprofin it's just not working. Any suggestions before I do the doc thing?? Hell I don't even no what they do for treatment

GrAnabolic.is
GrAnabolic@gmail.com

Probably pinched nerves or trigger points in your back.
Try pressing the back muscle knots out with a hardish ball against the wall or floor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone ever had this ?? Got it in my right hand so bad I can't even hold a pencil in it. I have to modify everything at the gym because of it. I've tried rest, ice, ibprofin it's just not working. Any suggestions before I do the doc thing?? Hell I don't even no what they do for treatment

GrAnabolic.is
GrAnabolic@gmail.com

Im gonna sound like a broken record but ice and anti-inflammatories SLOW healing they do not help it!

Just think this through and ask yourself how does the body heal itself, just at a basic level? It needs to get raw material to the site of injury and get damaged tissue away. How is this material moved? By and large it moved through the blood stream. What happens when you apply ice to the body? The arteries become restricted and blood flow is reduced!!! So if the goal it to heal something then why on earth do people insist on doing everything they can to SLOW down the process? And that doesnt even take into account the necessary players drawn to the sight by chemical messengers. SSpoend some time googling the "healing cascade".

The medical community will argue that excessive (and that the keyword) inflammation can actually hinder circulation and I will give them that. However that generally only applies to acute injuries with massive noticeable swelling, for example a twisted ankle that blows up the size of a softball and even then should be used sparingly and only right at the time of injury.

For chronic overuse injuries ice you use ice and anti-inflammatories to help with pain management but that comes at a great cost and thats the cost of healing. Usually this devolves into a long term downward spiral which can often end in permanent damage.

I first recommend eliminating mechanical stresses, outside lifting and the like, that may be subjecting the area to unneeded additional stress, ie Adhesions and the like. Deep tissue massage, ART, band flossing etc.

Next are you getting the raw materials in ample amounts to facilitate repair for the amount of damage that is beiing done by repetitive movements? The answer here is generally no, especially for athletes. Most people dont even understand the process by which healing takes place or the required nutrients to facilitate repairs and the government and the medical system are clueless as well since the nutrients would trump their ability to peddle meds and make a profit.

Probably pinched nerves or trigger points in your back.
Try pressing the back muscle knots out with a hardish ball against the wall or floor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Appreciate the response I will give anything a try at this point. But I'm sure it's carpal tunnel it's bad in the right hand and slightly in the left. But I will damn sure try anything at this point

GrAnabolic.is
GrAnabolic@gmail.com

Im gonna sound like a broken record but ice and anti-inflammatories SLOW healing they do not help it!

Just think this through and ask yourself how does the body heal itself, just at a basic level? It needs to get raw material to the site of injury and get damaged tissue away. How is this material moved? By and large it moved through the blood stream. What happens when you apply ice to the body? The arteries become restricted and blood flow is reduced!!! So if the goal it to heal something then why on earth do people insist on doing everything they can to SLOW down the process? And that doesnt even take into account the necessary players drawn to the sight by chemical messengers. SSpoend some time googling the "healing cascade".

The medical community will argue that excessive (and that the keyword) inflammation can actually hinder circulation and I will give them that. However that generally only applies to acute injuries with massive noticeable swelling, for example a twisted ankle that blows up the size of a softball and even then should be used sparingly and only right at the time of injury.

For chronic overuse injuries ice you use ice and anti-inflammatories to help with pain management but that comes at a great cost and thats the cost of healing. Usually this devolves into a long term downward spiral which can often end in permanent damage.

I first recommend eliminating mechanical stresses, outside lifting and the like, that may be subjecting the area to unneeded additional stress, ie Adhesions and the like. Deep tissue massage, ART, band flossing etc.

Next are you getting the raw materials in ample amounts to facilitate repair for the amount of damage that is beiing done by repetitive movements? The answer here is generally no, especially for athletes. Most people dont even understand the process by which healing takes place or the required nutrients to facilitate repairs and the government and the medical system are clueless as well since the nutrients would trump their ability to peddle meds and make a profit.
Appreciate the response sounds kinda like everything else I read up on. Think it's time to hit the doc up.

GrAnabolic.is
GrAnabolic@gmail.com

Appreciate the response sounds kinda like everything else I read up on. Think it's time to hit the doc up.

Honestly I am against seeing docs for most things because they simply dont know how to help athletes aside from writing a script. Pretty sad really. The exception would be a prolotherapy doc if that was deemed necessary but first would try the other options.

just hit you tube and search for mobility wod, Kelly starrett has lots of info on floss bands and other mobility and ART style videos to help with possible adhesions. If adhesions and such are the crux of the problem you should notice some benefit from just a couple minutes of using floss band or other ART like methods. If it helps keep at it.

Next make sure you are getting ample vit C, lysine and proline. Vit C is critical for collagen synthesis and as a lifter you put a lot of added stress on connective tissue so you need the extra raw materials for the body to synthesize increased amounts of collagen so the collagen-based materials in the body can be repaired. If there is a shortage then the daily damage caused by workouts can NEVER be overcome and you have a condition that deteriorates into chronic pain or worse, an acute injury. Most people report 6 grams a day of vit C in divided doses to be enough along with 1500mg or both lysine and proline in divided doses as well. Make sure to work up to the 6g a day of vit c it can cause stomach upset so need to build slow. Even if the lack of Vit C isnt the cause everyone can greatly benefit from its use for multiple reasons Cardiovascular disease prevention being the most critical.

Honestly I am against seeing docs for most things because they simply dont know how to help athletes aside from writing a script. Pretty sad really. The exception would be a prolotherapy doc if that was deemed necessary but first would try the other options.

just hit you tube and search for mobility wod, Kelly starrett has lots of info on floss bands and other mobility and ART style videos to help with possible adhesions. If adhesions and such are the crux of the problem you should notice some benefit from just a couple minutes of using floss band or other ART like methods. If it helps keep at it.

Next make sure you are getting ample vit C, lysine and proline. Vit C is critical for collagen synthesis and as a lifter you put a lot of added stress on connective tissue so you need the extra raw materials for the body to synthesize increased amounts of collagen so the collagen-based materials in the body can be repaired. If there is a shortage then the daily damage caused by workouts can NEVER be overcome and you have a condition that deteriorates into chronic pain or worse, an acute injury. Most people report 6 grams a day of vit C in divided doses to be enough along with 1500mg or both lysine and proline in divided doses as well. Make sure to work up to the 6g a day of vit c it can cause stomach upset so need to build slow. Even if the lack of Vit C isnt the cause everyone can greatly benefit from its use for multiple reasons Cardiovascular disease prevention being the most critical.
Awesomeness bro appreciate it. And I with you on the doc thing I hate. They always find another problem every time you go.

GrAnabolic.is
GrAnabolic@gmail.com

And if you havent already figured, lay off ice and anti-inflammatories, they will kill your healing!!!!

Time to start LHJO :coffee:

giphy.gif

Back