• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Anyone have ATP (anterior pelvic tilt)?

MFlex

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Anyone have a bad anterior pelvic tilt?

Mines getting bad. How did you fix yours?

Is this where your back is pushed inward?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lower back pushed inward and kinda downward at the same time, yes.

I have it, fucking sucks... think its the reason i get lower back pain while doing OHP.

Lower back pushed inward and kinda downward at the same time, yes.

I have it, fucking sucks... think its the reason i get lower back pain while doing OHP.

Didn't know there was a name for this but sounds EXACTLY like what I experience!!! Feels like I can never stretch enough and like my lower back is always being PUSHED in

Its where your ass sticks out more, arch in your lower back, and gut sticks out.more when relaxed. Its fixable, usually weak hip flexors, abs por hamstrings

Anyone have a bad anterior pelvic tilt?

Mines getting bad. How did you fix yours?

I have this. It's usually (and in my case) caused by a combination of sitting on your ass a lot and being a fat-ass. :) I haven't cured mine yet. Current plan is to stretch and strengthen the muscles and tendons involved and lose a bunch of weight. I will let you know if it works.

Largely cause by a lot of sitting, bike riding etc where you are bent at the waist for long periods of time.

The iliopsoas connects the bottom portion of spine and runs over the hip and attaches to the inner/upper thigh. Its really a huge muscle used for a lot of stabilization and bending at the waist/lifting the leg.

There are a lot of stretches, just youtube iliopsoas stretch. I personally like the thomas stretch where you have half you ass and legs hanging over the edge of a massage table or the like. Pull one knee up to chest and let other hang. If you have a friend who can apply resistance they can put a hand over the knee and you can do PNF work by lifting leg against their hand. You can also gently bounce the leg a bit.

Additionally foam roller and lacress ball work all around the legs, ass and glutes. Kelly Starrett also has some ideas for iliopsoas release techniques, some say they dont work but Ive had luck with them. I also find floss bands high in the crease of the thigh and up over ass cheek then moving through various ranges, leg swings front/back, then side/side, figure eights with foot, then perfect form air squats with some added emphasis at the top and over reaching to work that tight psoas.

Back