• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Day 6 - Project Clean Eats

Natural Woman

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hi All -

Been here a little over a week now and so appreciate all of the encouragement to get the body I want! Especially @Gymgirl, you were the first one to say Diet First, and @Turkeybacon, you mentioned 14 days so I committed on the spot to start, and @malfeasance, you told me to come and post my diet here. I've been keeping track since Friday, though not measuring. I will start that up later. Right now just changing habits is my goal!

I am traveling right now, and I thought it would be harder to eat clean, but I think it may be easier. I keep nuts in my purse for hunger pangs and order whatever the salad is on the menu that has greens, a protein and a vinaigrette type dressing (usually). Breakfast is usually leftovers. Even soggy salad, because now you guys are all in my head and I'm thinking things like 'No way I am eating that muffin because I have to tell everyone!'

Day 1 - I was already into a good start for myself. I usually start the day pretty well and in the afternoon and eve is when I am less careful about what I consume. The day before I had made a big batch of brown rice as well as a stir fry of kale, eggplant, onion, fennel root and jalapeño. I had some of that for breakfast, then hiked 11.5 miles. Snacked on banana and almonds. Ate the kale and rice thing for late lunch/early dinner. And here is the big thing - drank tea instead of wine! And didn't snack in the late eve! I opened the fridge when I would normally pour a glass of wine and thought, I can't do that, I'll let Turkeybacon down! I can always go back. I'm on a path.

Day 2 - Coffee. Oats for breakfast with almond milk and raisins. Leftover kale for lunch. Fly day. Nut snack on plane. Salad for dinner at a Mexican restaurant. Greens, grilled chicken, avocado, tomato, papaya. Used mostly salsa for dressing, but with a little bit of poppyseed on the side, that's what it came with. No workout. Lemon Perrier in a wine glass late eve. Feels more special than a tall glass of water :)

Day 3 - Green tea. Half a hotel hard-boiled egg (it was gross, lots of gray around the yolk, ate the white) and fruit. Snacked on nuts. Huge salad for lunch - greens, blueberries, strawberries, grilled chicken, vinaigrette. My son was seriously pushing his butterscotch marshmallow shake on me and I didn't even taste it. And I love butterscotch! I did stick my nose in his big metal shake cup and take a deep sniff. That helped to satiate my longing for it. Funny how that works! Thai red curry for dinner w/tofu over chicken fried rice (not the best) but that is what my husband had. And I know the coconut milk is high cal, but hey, I am doing pretty darned well. Lemon Perrier evening 'treat'. No workout but lots of walking.

Day 4 - Breakfast was leftover super soggy chicken papaya salad. Still completely avoiding the chips and salsa btw, which smell really good, they are homemade and really crunchy and salty. Mediterranean salad for lunch, w/chicken. Half a burrito for dinner from the Mex. restaurant. No margarita and no chips, and no sour cream, yay! Oh, and I snacked a little on nuts and water in a movie theater. :) No workout and some walking, maybe a couple of miles, but rainy day. Oh, and a few banana chips for sweet snack.

Day 5 - L/o Med. salad for breakfast, less than a cup. Also L/o burrito half, only the insides. Mexican restaurant salad for lunch - black beans, chicken, greens, tomato, olive, avocado, guac and salsa. Teensy bit of homemade chipotle ranch dressing on the side. Red curry again for dinner, on fried rice again. Normally this would be on plain brown rice. But still - Day 5 of no wine and no sweets!! Super proud of myself and my husband has stopped waving his glass of wine in front of me saying "Mmmm". He is proud of me, too. About 7 miles of walking today.

Today is Day 6. No leftovers for breakfast and I am hungry! Had a few nuts with my coffee. So far so good! There are still tortilla chips and salsa on the counter but I am not even wanting them. Yay me!

Thanks again, you guys!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good shit keep at it. It seems tough with a lot of distractions going on but focus and will power will get you through it! Must've been hard no margaritas or chips -__-

you do a lot of hiking/backpacking? 11.5 mile hike takes the better part of the day depending on terrain and altitude.

Great job! Always have to start somewhere & sometime. Looks like you've found your time. Keep at it.

Thanks! And yup, it was.

Good shit keep at it. It seems tough with a lot of distractions going on but focus and will power will get you through it! Must've been hard no margaritas or chips -__-

- - - Updated - - -

LOVE hiking, and it did take a big chunk of the day.

you do a lot of hiking/backpacking? 11.5 mile hike takes the better part of the day depending on terrain and altitude.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you, Skip!

Great job! Always have to start somewhere & sometime. Looks like you've found your time. Keep at it.

Looks real good!! You've got this! 😉 I love to hike and I also LOVE butterscotch.
Your hight and weight doesn't really sound like you need to do much. Lifting weights will bring defintion and lean you out real good.

Last edited:
Looks real good!! You've got this!  I love to hike and I also LOVE butterscotch.
Your hight and weight doesn't really sound like you need to do much. Lifting weights will bring defintion and lean you out real good.

Thanks, GG! <3 Going to figure out a gym routine here soon. I do better with a list of stuff to do. Have never spent dedicated time to weight training, I'm excited to get started!

Thanks, GG! <3 Going to figure out a gym routine here soon. I do better with a list of stuff to do. Have never spent dedicated time to weight training, I'm excited to get started!
Sending you a meal plan and workout plan in pm

IML Gear Cream!
Days 6-8. Still going strong! No refined sugars, alcohol, bread or pasta. Ordered off-menu at a coffee/breakfast burrito joint, two eggs scrambled with pico de gallo. Old me would have had a muffin and coffee. Bandmates wish I were drinking with them. Husband super proud.

Days 6-8. Still going strong! No refined sugars, alcohol, bread or pasta. Ordered off-menu at a coffee/breakfast burrito joint, two eggs scrambled with pico de gallo. Old me would have had a muffin and coffee. Bandmates wish I were drinking with them. Husband super proud.
I do a weekly cheat meal. Usually Friday. Drinks involved. I gotta have my end of week wind down.

Day 9 - check. Day 10 - I prefer to eat animal-free, but am of the 'When In Rome' philosophy. Plus, I cook for a couple of carnivores, so would often eat what I made for them instead of making a second meal for myself. Am starting to prep my stuff and keep it handy. I love these containers! Made some of these this morning: tofu seasoned with salt, ginger, coriander and cumin sauteed in coconut oil and roasted broccoli (tossed with olive oil, salt and Simply Perfect's All Purpose Seasoning).
tofunbroc.jpg

And for the resident teen and his buddy: sprouted grain banana pancakes (they didn't even know these were healthy, hehe) and maple cinnamon bacon.
cakesnbacon.jpg

Last edited:
Back