• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

No protein shakes!? wtf

chubbs

the patient
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
My wife is starting infertility drugs today to try for a second child and her doctor said we cannot take protein shakes b/c of "what's in them". They told her they lower my sperm count and do "something" to her.

I know no one here is a doctor, that we know of, but what the hell would protein shakes do to affect inferility? It's not some shitty ass protein either like muscle milk(we both use JYM). Sounds like some bullshit to me.

Haha it is bullshit. I've had doctors tell me some off the wall bullshit to.

After reading your post I googled it and found content that leaned both ways, some say take in more protein as in it's a good thing, others say no protein shakes... who knows.

Like estrogen imbalance in the women, the soy protein powders can disturb the testosterone balance in the males as well. High estrogen in soy proteins decreases the production of testosterone in the males that ultimately leads to decreased production of sperms.

I just pulled that from a study. Stay away from soy.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Like estrogen imbalance in the women, the soy protein powders can disturb the testosterone balance in the males as well. High estrogen in soy proteins decreases the production of testosterone in the males that ultimately leads to decreased production of sperms.

I just pulled that from a study. Stay away from soy.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I asked her, "Is he talking about soy protein?" I texted her a couple pics of the protein breakdown of JYM(whey, micellar casein, and egg albumin) to prove there was no soy in it. Doctor still said no. F me.

Do you know you're sperm count ?

I'm assuming your wife's first pregnancy was difficult ?

Doctors say many silly things.

Like putting someone on TRT for 4 months, then when the numbers come back high(e2) they completely take you off and make you run arimidex.

But as stated above. Why buy the protein?(unless using it for cooking) Just go with liquid egg whites and flavor them if you need to.

IML Gear Cream!
It's just a fart powder.
I could swap your fart powder for nesquik and only thing you would notice is less gas coming out your ass.
Maybe fart powder for yourself but I don't have any GI issues with shakes.

I'd be willing to bet that if you replace two meals with shakes and two meals with nesquick, keep everything else the same, you WOULD notice a difference in your body composition though lol.

Do you know you're sperm count ?

I'm assuming your wife's first pregnancy was difficult ?
Not off the top of my head now, but the analysis didn't show it being low or abnormal. Her pregnancy wasn't difficult. It just wasn't happening without medical intervention. We tried for a couple years without any luck before we went down the infertility path.

Additionally, we are both turning 40 this year so it's even more difficult now.
My question is, why would you waste your money on protein shakes in the first place?

Convenience. At this time, I do a field service based job that can be long hours so I do protein shakes mixed with my tupperware meals or gas station food. I prefer the former.

It's not some shitty ass protein either like muscle milk(we both use JYM). Sounds like some bullshit to me.
Fart powder is like gasoline.
Few manufacturers, millions of relabelers.

Maybe fart powder for yourself but I don't have any GI issues with shakes.

I'd be willing to bet that if you replace two meals with shakes and two meals with nesquick, keep everything else the same, you WOULD notice a difference in your body composition though lol.

Dannie was referring to other notbigs such as himself, so watch your mouth son!

Could be the reputation of protein powders for heavy metal contaminants:

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/2012/04/protein-drinks/index.htm

I stick with Optimum Nutrition to keep the numbers low.

Seems to be that the Chinese have contaminated all their farmland with toxic industry wastes so their cows make glow in the dark milk, and that's the source of the whey we often see in the powders.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I asked her, "Is he talking about soy protein?" I texted her a couple pics of the protein breakdown of JYM(whey, micellar casein, and egg albumin) to prove there was no soy in it. Doctor still said no. F me.
Like all our "supplements", there probably going to be mixed medical opinions. "If you take steroids, you can't have children!" I proved that one wrong twice, so have many others. Fact of the matter is, they probably just havnt done studies to make any legible proof one way or the other. So we are just stuck with hypothetical theories, and opinion of one doctor vs another.

Back