PDA

View Full Version : Melatonin

tcinbc66
02-09-2017, 06:19 AM
Been on this stuff regularly for years. (5mg) With the start up of TRT (250mg) a week, should I even need Melatonin. Is there any negative sides with taking it from a stand point of it hurting metabolism or increased cortisol?

Intense
02-09-2017, 06:34 AM
Melatonin? The hormone that promotes sleep?

My thoughts on it, are I will run it for short amounts of time like if it's in a supplement or something. But it's not something I would take all the time, as you want your brain naturally producing this. Just imo, nothing to back it up.

tcinbc66
02-09-2017, 06:57 AM
I think I've used it as a crutch for too long. Time to change the direction on that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chocolatemalt
02-09-2017, 11:09 AM
If you were taking it while other factors were a root cause of sleep issues -- bad diet, no exercise, stress, sleep apnea, etc -- then yeah you ought to wean off the melatonin after the root causes are fixed. But if it turns out you need it to get a full night of sleep, it's much healthier IMO to opt for the drug and the sleep rather than ditching both. Insomnia is a killer.

To your question tho -- fixing hypogonadism could very well cure sleep problems too. Worth a try to see how dropping the med works out.