PDA

View Full Version : Need Insurance

Drewski
02-06-2017, 10:47 AM
Lady at Labcorp literally just told me she needed insurance to process my requisition papers. I'm uninsured for a couple of months. Fuck.

Should I try a different labcorp?

Skip Foursome
02-06-2017, 10:50 AM
Insurance? I never use insurance WTF is she talking about?

Are you using the online service?

Drewski
02-06-2017, 10:53 AM
Insurance? I never use insurance WTF is she talking about?

Are you using the online service?

Online service? Last couple of times I've just printed the reqs out and walked in and everything was smooth.

NikonShooter
02-06-2017, 11:11 AM
https://www.labsmd.com

Skip Foursome
02-06-2017, 11:16 AM
Online service? Last couple of times I've just printed the reqs out and walked in and everything was smooth.

Just to make sure we are on the same page, is this is where you are ordering?

http://www.labsmd.com/tests.php?view=all&show=2334&category=14&search=#2334

Drewski
02-06-2017, 11:24 AM
Sorry. No I used privatemdlabs, it's what I've always used and never had an issue.

Edit: never had to give proof of insurance.

Skip Foursome
02-06-2017, 11:32 AM
Sorry. No I used privatemdlabs, it's what I've always used and never had an issue.
I'm sorry, I got confused.

So you paid online and now shes asking for insurance?

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: never had to give proof of insurance.
Sounds like you got a rookie

Montego1
02-06-2017, 11:33 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Dimensia..... It happens with age [emoji6]

Drewski
02-06-2017, 11:38 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah she was stressed out about something going on behind the counter, so I guess that could be it. I'm going to give it another go at a different part of town. Well see what happens

Skip Foursome
02-06-2017, 11:43 AM
Dimensia..... It happens with age [emoji6]
Test dementia

Wait until you get to my age :paddle:

johnjohn
02-06-2017, 11:55 AM
If you paid private md labs then you've already paid for it. Tell her to call the number at private md labs. There's a lady down there that always answers the phone.

GrAnabolic.is
GrAnabolic@gmail.com

chocolatemalt
02-06-2017, 04:12 PM
If you pre-paid (and you did -- privatemdlabs ain't sending you shit until you do, lol) and they demand insurance at the lab, ask them why they're trying to double-charge you and if this sort of medical billing fraud is standard practice at that location. That might wake them up.

bigbal2943
02-06-2017, 07:38 PM
I walk in and say "private pay lab work it's already paid for" only once or twice out of at least a hundred labs did they ask for insurance card. I said again "this is private pay and it's already paid for you don't need an insurance card" and it's all set.

LabsMD is quest
Private md labs is labcorp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hellcat
02-07-2017, 08:25 AM
When you print you req papers there's a page worth of information, on there somewhere it says that when it's paid for they should never ask for your insurance card.

Print it out and show it to her, highlight it just in case she can't see :roflmao:

GrilledCheddar
02-07-2017, 12:47 PM
Yea I've had them request but after they glance at my papers they seem to catch on. Now they don't even ask when I go in lol

Drewski
02-10-2017, 06:41 AM
You guys were right. Got em in with no problem. Just waiting for results. If they ever ask for insurance, just tell them the labs are payed for and that's that.

GrilledCheddar
02-10-2017, 06:41 AM
You guys were right. Got em in with no problem. Just waiting for results. If they ever ask for insurance, just tell them the labs are payed for and that's that.

Nice bro! Glad you were able to get it taken care of.

Drewski
02-10-2017, 08:06 AM
Nice bro! Glad you were able to get it taken care of.

Yessir. Appreciate the help from everyone.

Stuart128
02-10-2017, 10:26 AM
How does it work do I order the test online and walk in to lab corp they draw my blood and send me the results? Do I need a doc name as a middle man. The reason I ask is cause my mom is a phlebotomist and she needs a doctors authority to draw patients

Skip Foursome
02-10-2017, 10:32 AM
How does it work do I order the test online and walk in to lab corp they draw my blood and send me the results? Do I need a doc name as a middle man. The reason I ask is cause my mom is a phlebotomist and she needs a doctors authority to draw patients
If you do not list a doctor I always have some random doctor's name the lab puts on the requisition.

I am guessing they have a doctor on staff for that reason(?)

Stuart128
02-10-2017, 10:33 AM
Cool man just checking before I get down on it

Skip Foursome
02-10-2017, 10:37 AM
Cool man just checking before I get down on it
Supposedly An Frank is my physician, never heard of her.

chocolatemalt
02-10-2017, 11:56 AM

Both privatemdlabs and labsmd have physicians on board who sign off on your bloodwork. That's the delay on getting your requisitions, they have to do their mass rubber stamping on all the day's orders lol...

But yeah, you pay, they "prescribe", and there you go. Quest or Labcorp gets your req paperwork from you in person, it's already in the system and paid for, they just need to do their job. Total of 10 mins on a good day if the phlebotomist is competent.