PDA

View Full Version : 3 days split?

bigmills
02-03-2017, 08:00 PM
I am kind of busy at the moment between work and family so need to cut it back from 4 to 3 days a week. Which I know isn't ideal but you have to do what you have to do. I was wondering if anybody had some good 3-day splits they could share with me? keep in mind I have a high metabolism and need to structure my workouts around that fact.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Drewski
02-03-2017, 08:46 PM
I am kind of busy at the moment between work and family so need to cut it back from 4 to 3 days a week. Which I know isn't ideal but you have to do what you have to do. I was wondering if anybody had some good 3-day splits they could share with me? keep in mind I have a high metabolism and need to structure my workouts around that fact.

How long can you workout per session?

bigmills
02-03-2017, 08:48 PM
How long can you workout per session?
Up to a hour and a half if not longer,but I can usually get a good workout in within a hour...

Drewski
02-04-2017, 05:35 AM
I'm not going to get too specific yet because you might not like where I'm going. So here is a rough outline that I did.

Mon - heavy bench,
Heavy squat right after.
After squats bench accessories.
Close with lats, one movement.

Wed-
Light leg work for pump,
Then hammer out shoulders
Close with lats.

Fri-back day, so deads or rack pulls to start,
Then back accessories,
Close out with some light chest work to stimulate your chest/tris.

This seems all over the place and I don't know how you train. But the idea is making the most with all three days, and stimulating each muscle group every day, with each day having a focus. Mon is chest, wed light work between legs and shoulders, Fri is back.

You'll have to sacrifice your preffered method of training with a three day split. However, if you combine upper lower on the same days, you will ensure that you've properly simulated each muscle group to an adequate extent for the week. This will carry you through until you can start doing a proper 4-5 day split again.

Lmk. Just some advice based on personal experience.

Nocode8511
02-04-2017, 11:56 AM
Push/pull/legs... 5x5... full body days... tons of routines for only 3 days a week.

Drewski
02-04-2017, 12:54 PM
Push/pull/legs... 5x5... full body days... tons of routines for only 3 days a week.

Exactly. Lots of options. Just really have to get in there and grind to make those days count.

selfmademonster
02-04-2017, 01:04 PM
Basic upper/lower body split over 8 days is what I do

bigmills
02-04-2017, 01:08 PM
Would it be easier to just break it down like chest shoulders and triceps, back biceps and traps, then you have a whole day left for legs? I just feel like that first way of doing things I can't remember exactly how you put it but I don't feel like you should do a chest press then go do squats and come back to chest, because by the time you come back to chest the blood has almost left the muscle so I would think you would be better to separate those days especially since me personally I need to focus on my chest a little harder than everything else so I don't think I could throw chest in with legs. Also I think legs deserve at least one whole day...

bc123jm
02-04-2017, 01:21 PM
i train 3 days a week for a long time now. no set day just whenever i can get to the gym. but i never train more then 2 days in a row.
so it looks something like

Monday:chest and back
tue : off or legs
wed: legs or off if i did tue
thursday: shoulders and arms
sat and sun off

Drewski
02-04-2017, 02:50 PM
Would it be easier to just break it down like chest shoulders and triceps, back biceps and traps, then you have a whole day left for legs? I just feel like that first way of doing things I can't remember exactly how you put it but I don't feel like you should do a chest press then go do squats and come back to chest, because by the time you come back to chest the blood has almost left the muscle so I would think you would be better to separate those days especially since me personally I need to focus on my chest a little harder than everything else so I don't think I could throw chest in with legs. Also I think legs deserve at least one whole day...

I feel it bro. I come from more of a powerlifting background anyways. Did DUP style training for a while combining body parts on the same day, and got a lot stronger.

bigmills
02-04-2017, 04:10 PM
I feel it bro. I come from more of a powerlifting background anyways. Did DUP style training for a while combining body parts on the same day, and got a lot stronger.
I understand brother two completely different styles of training I will have to look into dup style training that is one style I'm not familiar with. I go for the more how you look rather than how much you can lift. I've always said when was the last time you were walking down the boardwalk without your shirt on and a girl stops you and ask you how much you can bench? Never because they don't care they only care about what you look like, and the funny thing is that's exactly what I care about. Don't get me wrong also my health.

bigmills
02-04-2017, 04:12 PM
Have you ever ran insulin? Usually even without GH I will run 5iu's in the morning then 6iu's pre-workout and sometimes another 3 or 4 post workout just to act as a taxi cab to shuttle all the nutrients into the muscles around what people would call the anabolic window.

Drewski
02-04-2017, 05:52 PM
Have you ever ran insulin? Usually even without GH I will run 5iu's in the morning then 6iu's pre-workout and sometimes another 3 or 4 post workout just to act as a taxi cab to shuttle all the nutrients into the muscles around what people would call the anabolic window.

Haven't ventured in to insulin yet. Definitely thought about it. It sounds incredible.

bigmills
02-04-2017, 06:08 PM
Haven't ventured in to insulin yet. Definitely thought about it. It sounds incredible.
It definitely is if you are a hardgainer. only thing is you have to know a little bit about nutrition. if you don't get around 10 grams of carbohydrates for every IU you take you could go into diabetic shock. which is why it is called the death diet.. Cause the dumbasses who take it but don't know what the hell they're doing..

Montego1
02-04-2017, 07:06 PM
Dc training.

/thread

drow
02-05-2017, 01:23 AM
I used to do full body 3x a week and I honestly loved it. I stayed pretty lean when I did that too

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

ldog
02-05-2017, 07:05 AM
i train 3 days a week for a long time now. no set day just whenever i can get to the gym. but i never train more then 2 days in a row.
so it looks something like

Monday:chest and back
tue : off or legs
wed: legs or off if i did tue
thursday: shoulders and arms
sat and sun off

I train 3 days a week as well. I use Leroy Colbert's workout plan and tailor it to my needs. The 3 days are full body workouts and I'm exhausted at the end but my body loves being hit 3 days in 7 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk