• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Buying a house for the first time

Lokthan

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Damn bros this shit is nerve racking. Closing on our first house at $318,000 and I'm slowly starting to get more and more nervous. Thankfully it was a VA loan so no money down.

How were all your guys first house exp?

I work with new home buyers on a regular basis. I still rent but I know first hand the stress with getting into home financing. Especially as a young adult. I'm contemplating building a house though. If I can find the right land. That's a whole other thing though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats!

Paid 220k for my first house when i was 25yrs old.

Well, I paid $245k for two acres with a shop and 2000ft/s house and an older fiberglass pool. Turns out the roof leaks like a mofo, and it's constant work repairing irrigation lines and what not. I'm glad I did it though, at least I'm not pissing my money away on rent. It sure is expensive owning a house though. Do you have some dough saved up for tools and the like? That's where I went wrong in not having enough for all the shit it takes to maintain two acres lol

I got my loan in the midst of the housing expansion. It was so easy, I literally walked into a branch bank got preapproved on credit score alone. I spent more time signing my name on all the papers then I did thinking about the loan

now onto more serious shit.. first upgrade
attachment.php

Well, I paid $245k for two acres with a shop and 2000ft/s house and an older fiberglass pool. Turns out the roof leaks like a mofo, and it's constant work repairing irrigation lines and what not. I'm glad I did it though, at least I'm not pissing my money away on rent. It sure is expensive owning a house though. Do you have some dough saved up for tools and the like? That's where I went wrong in not having enough for all the shit it takes to maintain two acres lol
Not yet, thankfully the house is structurally fantastic. Id post the house but thatd be straight retarded.

I got my loan in the midst of the housing expansion. It was so easy, I literally walked into a branch bank got preapproved on credit score alone. I spent more time signing my name on all the papers then I did thinking about the loan

now onto more serious shit.. first upgrade
attachment.php
Pic broken

Thankfully our monthly income come august will be almost 7k so I'm not too worried. Until then I'm gonna be relying on some free gear for logging 😂😂

IML Gear Cream!
Gotcha lol. Yeah I'm on single income do it's tough right now. We'll get it worked out eventually

Shittttttt. I bought my first home at 22 for 75k and its now worth around 115.

I love living in a small town! haha

I'm on my 5th house. Getting tired of all the bull shit maintenance. I used to enjoy it when I was younger but now it's just an inconvenience. At this point in my life I think I'd really enjoy condo living, but can't bear the thought of sharing walls with people, because I hate most people and they annoy me.

Bought my first house in 2000 for $98,500.

We bought our first house right out of college. A week after closing a giant tree fell down in the backyard.

I owned a chainsaw before a single piece of furniture.

Congrats. I'm on house 2. The first one was nerve racking cause they kept changing things on us and needing more info. My wife was 4 months pregnant so we had 60 days to find house and close invade she needed to stop working.

Enjoy it you'll never by your first house again!

We bought our first house right out of college. A week after closing a giant tree fell down in the backyard.

Dude that sucks. I have about a 120 foot pine tree that's leaning toward the neighbors house right now. Guys get PGE to top it so it misses the their lines then I'm cutting that fucker up for next winter's firewood.

The problem I have is that I really need a tractor to mow it all. Or goats. But then I need new fencing. That's my bind lol

Congrats. I'm on house 2. The first one was nerve racking cause they kept changing things on us and needing more info. My wife was 4 months pregnant so we had 60 days to find house and close invade she needed to stop working.

Enjoy it you'll never by your first house again!
Jesus man. Thankfully they havent been giving us the run around.

The worst part about this whole experience is that the military started to illegally withhold my wife's pay, so we have been relying on her credit card (thank god for 11.5k limit). To top that off we have a 2 year old and for a few weeks had no where to live or stay since we couldnt afford hotels

That's kinda a cool story.

Jesus man. Thankfully they havent been giving us the run around.

The worst part about this whole experience is that the military started to illegally withhold my wife's pay, so we have been relying on her credit card (thank god for 11.5k limit). To top that off we have a 2 year old and for a few weeks had no where to live or stay since we couldnt afford hotels

That is terrible to hear. I'm sorry to hear that happened to you guys. Hopefully the rest of the closing goes smoothly. Not sure if your loan will do it or not but be careful with the credit card. That's why we were in a hurry on our first one. They said 30 days after closing they would ask for financials again and we needed my wife's income because my overtime didn't count (even though it was guaranteed).

Make sure and get a picture of you all in front of the new house. It's a memory you don't want to forget!

Also, enjoy signing your name like 500 times and trying to do it exact each time. Lol by the end I was not Daniel. I was just D scribble scribble. :)

Get Shredded!
That is terrible to hear. I'm sorry to hear that happened to you guys. Hopefully the rest of the closing goes smoothly. Not sure if your loan will do it or not but be careful with the credit card. That's why we were in a hurry on our first one. They said 30 days after closing they would ask for financials again and we needed my wife's income because my overtime didn't count (even though it was guaranteed).

Make sure and get a picture of you all in front of the new house. It's a memory you don't want to forget!

Also, enjoy signing your name like 500 times and trying to do it exact each time. Lol by the end I was not Daniel. I was just D scribble scribble. :)
Thankfully even with the massive credit card charges we are still approved and g2g. We have pretty baller credit scores too haha. Yeah man its been nothing but sign this sign that non-stop.

No money down?

I could never go into a big loan like that but more power to you.

It's scary committing to that much debt man, but it's a cool thing. I'm happy I did it

So how much is the monthly payment with insurance and everything?

Congratulations on the house but that is a bunch of money for a house where I live and I am glad for that we are currently looking to buy a second house and we undecided on what to do with this one only owe six years and don't want renters to trash all of the work we have done to it.

VA loans are all no money down, lower than public interest rates, right? I'm assuming you locked in at 3.5-3.7%?

I'm guessing around a $3k mortgage?

I close on my house in 3 weeks... this will be my 4th time buying though..... homeownership has its ups and downs...

Damn bros this shit is nerve racking. Closing on our first house at $318,000 and I'm slowly starting to get more and more nervous. Thankfully it was a VA loan so no money down.

How were all your guys first house exp?
Congrats!
You are now building wealth.
After a couple years you will look back and wonder why you were so stressed.
I bought my first at 21 for $40k. Sold it 17yrs l ater for $150k.
Ive done 12 so far.
Good luck and keep the lawn mowed...

Congrats!
You are now building wealth.
After a couple years you will look back and wonder why you were so stressed.
I bought my first at 21 for $40k. Sold it 17yrs l ater for $150k.
Ive done 12 so far.
Good luck and keep the lawn mowed...
You lived in your first house for that long? Thats pretty awesome. We are buying a house that will last us as long as we need.. Unless we have twins.. Then we are fucked

Back