• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Need advice on strength

Stuart128

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Background information
I've been running smolov finished the base cycle. Retest my one rep max, hit 365(old was315) so not that bad after that I decided to take 3 days off from squatting today I warm up no problem get to 275 and plan to hit 5x5 to start a base and wound up hitting 3x5 really heavy I don't understand
Maybe someone can give me advice

I think I need to hit some volume work at like 60% and try to work my way up
Any advice will be much appreciated

Know what fuck it I'm going to go back to square one get better at all my lifts and push back my cycle

Know what fuck it I'm going to go back to square one get better at all my lifts and push back my cycle
Could have just been a bad day brother. You're making great progress regardless. Smolov is great but that very thing is why I prefer Mike Tuscherers RTS program.

Your work depends on your physical state that given day. Auto regulation is the name of the game. Once you get done with Smolov I highly recommend it. I made more progress on RTS in all facets of my training compared to anything else I've done. Killed my meet too.

Having a bad day doesn't mean anything op. Sleep, food intake, hydration, and stress to name a few will effect lifts. It happens man.

Don't forget to take outside aspects into the picture here.

Food, rest, gear, sleep, stress. Any of those things can impact your training greatly when you're training for strength and the cns is taxed to that extent.

I like the whole idea of the rts training but I do need to schedule my sleep a lot better

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for replying

IML Gear Cream!
I like the whole idea of the rts training but I do need to schedule my sleep a lot better

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for replying

You definitely have more PRs to hit with Smolov. Don't be discouraged. Good luck to you.

Strength training has to be hit from a different angle than hypertrophy training. If your CNS is fatigued then your numbers are going to take a huge hit and it's much easier to get CNS fatigue while strength training.

If I squat heavy, then attempt to dead-lift heavy in the same week, my numbers will be fucked for 2 weeks. Things that normally feel light start to feel heavy fast.

As you get stronger this because significantly more noticeable.

Strength training has to be hit from a different angle than hypertrophy training. If your CNS is fatigued then your numbers are going to take a huge hit and it's much easier to get CNS fatigue while strength training.

If I squat heavy, then attempt to dead-lift heavy in the same week, my numbers will be fucked for 2 weeks. Things that normally feel light start to feel heavy fast.

As you get stronger this because significantly more noticeable.

This is really good advice.

This is the basis for more advanced styles of training such as Conjugate Method. You don't squat heavy and deadlift heavy in the same week. If you squat heavy, you'll deadlift light (speed/dynamic), and vice versa.

Louis Simmons (westside-barbell.com) or Dave Tate (elitefts.com). 1 heavy day / week, 1 speed or hypertrophy day / week. Bench, Legs. I could type on for hours on this but go to the sites and do some research. simply put you need to lift heavy to get strong, constantly change exercises so the body doesn't adapt. 5X5's won't do it.

5x5 is a good starting template. But in my opinion stalls very quickly.

Louis Simmons (westside-barbell.com) or Dave Tate (elitefts.com). 1 heavy day / week, 1 speed or hypertrophy day / week. Bench, Legs. I could type on for hours on this but go to the sites and do some research. simply put you need to lift heavy to get strong, constantly change exercises so the body doesn't adapt. 5X5's won't do it.

Yup. Gains diminish. So much research has been done since the days of simple, linear, add five every week types of programs. Not to say that doesn't work, but newer programs work better.

I ran 5x5 in high school I'm going to use it to get some of my assistants lifts strong and get my form back to 100% (goodmornings) then I'll probably run a cube type program
My idea is to perfect form get my numbers back to where they need to be and then hit it hard from the yard

Back