• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Training with Coracoidopathy

Btbamtbdm

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey all, first post but i lurked here and there for awhile. What's the best way of rehabbing a shoulder with anterior pain right where the coracoid would be?
No over head pain. The empty can movement has no pain.
I initially started feeling it last sept, early october about two weeks into a cut doing high volume full bodies 3 days a week. I backed off and due to changes in life ended up ending my cut a month in.
Just started working out again two weeks ago that has brought the pain back, which never quite left but was a small discomfort.
Main irritants are adduction of the arm with tension (pushups) and I can isolate the pain at the coracoid/delt when supenating my wrist during horizontal abduction.
No pain what so ever during lat raises. Stretching pain from db rows is felt and also pain from front raises. Stretches in any form in the posterior plane cause pain as well.
I am in no position at all to go to a PT as most will say. Id have seen one if I could at this point.
I've found most therapists recommend supinated front raises, stretching, and over all strengthening of the entire shoulder system to which I'm doing.
One more question is that cuttin weight is my goal at the moment so would a deficit hinder tendon rehab if the problem is a tendonopathy?
I'd like to work through the pain but definitely don't need to fuck up my shoulder.
Thanks for any info and sorry for the long post. Wasn't sure about which sub this fit in either.

Bump. (Dont make me take th is to bb.com where all the experts give expert opinions....) lol Nah fuck that but has anyone had this pain? Be a man and work through the pain or take a break and heal?

Well I honestly don't have any good feedback. I think that's one of the parts of my shoulder that hurts when I go too heavy on things like barbell bench presses etc. If it's been lingering that long then it's something you're gonna need a professional to fix. I'm wondering if it's something that could be fixed with myofacial release or active release techniques. I don't honestly know though. Wish I could be more help

I'll look into those thanks. I'll give it a bit to see if any thing I try will help. Thanks for the suggestions.

Unless I am mistaken coracoidopathy is just tendinitis, likely from overuse or an injury that was never allowed to heal properly. Im gonna sound like a broken record but tendon/ligament issues are common among athletes and usually chrinic because most people follow the bullshit R.I.C.E method of recovery and total curtail healing setting themselves up for long term chronic pain and eventually irreversible damage. I posted full details on my opinion elsewhere here on forum so this is abbreviated.

Make sure you have an abundance of elements used for collagen repair, primarily vit C (6g a day if you can handle it is not too much), couple grams of lysine and couple grams of proline, all id divided doses over the course of the day.

Next avoid at all costs anti inflammatory as they will squash any inflammation which is critical to the healing cascade.

Lastly seek out a prolotherapy doc to jump start the healing process. Not cheap but it works. A cheaper, albeit slower to work alternative, would be "well wave".

Hey all, first post but i lurked here and there for awhile. What's the best way of rehabbing a shoulder with anterior pain right where the coracoid would be?
No over head pain. The empty can movement has no pain.
I initially started feeling it last sept, early october about two weeks into a cut doing high volume full bodies 3 days a week. I backed off and due to changes in life ended up ending my cut a month in.
Just started working out again two weeks ago that has brought the pain back, which never quite left but was a small discomfort.
Main irritants are adduction of the arm with tension (pushups) and I can isolate the pain at the coracoid/delt when supenating my wrist during horizontal abduction.
No pain what so ever during lat raises. Stretching pain from db rows is felt and also pain from front raises. Stretches in any form in the posterior plane cause pain as well.
I am in no position at all to go to a PT as most will say. Id have seen one if I could at this point.
I've found most therapists recommend supinated front raises, stretching, and over all strengthening of the entire shoulder system to which I'm doing.

I know this is a little late but hopefully it will help. I agree that RICE doesn't work.

https://www.absolutept.com/coracoidopathy-the-missing-link-in-shoulder-pain/

https://www.absolutept.com/bench-press-shoulder-pain-probably-coracoidopathy/

Back