• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Not Feeling Sore

SolidStructure

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hello, beginner builder here. Starting from a fairly large body, I'm 245 and 5'10", fairly strong but not defined a bit. I've been put on a strict diet by my coach, very experienced bodybuilder, and doing Dorian Yates B&G workout regimen. I'm lifting hard, heavy and slow negatives but I'm not feeling very sore at all, is it because my diet is extremely on point? I could care less whether I do get sore or not I just want to make sure I'm getting what I need lifting wise. My last 2 sets of all exercises are assisted, so I'm just curious as to no soreness. I'm only running low and slow TRT at 200mg sust a week, and just started 10 on 10 off clen run prior to the Arnold. Any info much appreciated.

I train hard and heavy during my workouts which usually last at least 2 and a half hours and I never get sore. I'm growing when I want to grow and cutting when I want to cut but I don't get sore. I contribute it to a good diet, plenty of water, bcaas and great gear

GrAnabolic.is
GrAnabolic@Gmail.com

Thanks for the feedback. I've only been lifting this hard for a couple months, I've just been thrown off on how little I get sore. Curious if I should switch my specific exercises per muscle or what.

What does your typical training day look like? Let's say chest day
Here's what mine looks like, I switch it here and there but for the most part I like to hit all these movements

9648cd160cf41bec627c27d63a22e5ff.png

GrAnabolic.is
GrAnabolic@Gmail.com

CHEST AND BICEPS:

Incline Dumbbell Press
2 Sets 10,10

Dumbell Flyes
2 Sets 10,10

Concentration Curls
2 Sets 10,10

Barbell Curls
1 Set 8

Again, I haven't been lifting much, and I'm not really augmented other than low TRT. These workouts didn't seem like enough but I thought maybe to take it slow at first. Gains aren't substantial at this point. Eating about 2300 cals a day, eat every 2.5 hours.

Try exercises that hit the same muscles from different angles. Always makes me sore when i do that until my body adapts... then time to change it up again.
Good luck.

CHEST AND BICEPS:

Incline Dumbbell Press
2 Sets 10,10

Dumbell Flyes
2 Sets 10,10

Concentration Curls
2 Sets 10,10

Barbell Curls
1 Set 8

Again, I haven't been lifting much, and I'm not really augmented other than low TRT. These workouts didn't seem like enough but I thought maybe to take it slow at first. Gains aren't substantial at this point. Eating about 2300 cals a day, eat every 2.5 hours.

I would definitely add more to your training. It's a good start but I would up it. Let's say do 4-5 sets of each with the rep range ranging from 15-8 and going heavier each set. I would add a decline movement to it as well. I'm a big fan of progressive overload.

Here what I do for incline DB press:

Warm-up sets:

50x15
75x15

Working sets:

100x12
110x10
120x10
130x8-10

If I can do more reps I will. Those last 2-3 reps should be tough every time

GrAnabolic.is
GrAnabolic@Gmail.com

Thanks a lot. I will add some reps and some exercises to the regimen I've been feeling that I need to.

CHEST AND BICEPS:

Incline Dumbbell Press
2 Sets 10,10

Dumbell Flyes
2 Sets 10,10

Concentration Curls
2 Sets 10,10

Barbell Curls
1 Set 8

Granted I'm on test and tren, but I literally do at least 4-5 times the volume of this. For instance chest yesterday, here was my workout. With minimal rest

Dumbbell incline press:
4 sets, 10-18 reps per set

BB flat bench:
4 sets, 12-15 reps each

Smith incline wide press:
3 x 10-15

Incline DB flyes
4 x 12-15

Low cable flyes
3 x 15-20

That got me a little bit sore

IML Gear Cream!
I'm also not going real heavy anymore though because my shoulders are so jacked up. I'm also going higher rep with less rest on everything. It's working great for me this far. I've been growing while cutting

Thanks man. I'm definitely going to switch up my routine a bit. Add more reps and exercises, only 40 days until the Arnold!

UPDATE: Did GVT for legs today, completely raped me. I probably skipped a step between what I was doing and what I just did today. ......lol. Intense, but I at a lot, getting some rest and gonna feel great about the session. #gains

I would definitely add more to your training. It's a good start but I would up it. Let's say do 4-5 sets of each with the rep range ranging from 15-8 and going heavier each set. I would add a decline movement to it as well. I'm a big fan of progressive overload.

Here what I do for incline DB press:

Warm-up sets:

50x15
75x15

Working sets:

100x12
110x10
120x10
130x8-10

If I can do more reps I will. Those last 2-3 reps should be tough every time

GrAnabolic.is
GrAnabolic@Gmail.com

I do all my sets and reps for the last 2 so that are the ones that I can hardly do or need assistance and are the ones that do the trick.

Hello, beginner builder here. Starting from a fairly large body, I'm 245 and 5'10", fairly strong but not defined a bit. I've been put on a strict diet by my coach, very experienced bodybuilder, and doing Dorian Yates B&G workout regimen. I'm lifting hard, heavy and slow negatives but I'm not feeling very sore at all, is it because my diet is extremely on point? I could care less whether I do get sore or not I just want to make sure I'm getting what I need lifting wise. My last 2 sets of all exercises are assisted, so I'm just curious as to no soreness. I'm only running low and slow TRT at 200mg sust a week, and just started 10 on 10 off clen run prior to the Arnold. Any info much appreciated.
Dorian Yes had great success with t type workout but most people wont push them selves hard enough in the two sets so that their muscles are totally fatigued afterwards.

Dorian Yes had great success with t type workout but most people wont push them selves hard enough in the two sets so that their muscles are totally fatigued afterwards.

This makes total sense. It's hard to pull this kind of system when I have lifting partners that aren't always there too being my last two reps need to be assisted. I am switching to volume this week, already feeling much more sore and like I'm getting a better workout. Doing GVT full body this week then going to pick a different plan to stick to for the next month until Arnold. Thanks fellas.

Back