• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

BCAA's how important??

BOGNERrocker

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Sooo I haven't used bcaa supplements because when I was natty everything I read online basically said if your natural it's NOT necessary and waste of money bla bla few diff view points on it,

so now I use AAS so exactly how crucial is it for me to get on this? Even still I read mixed opinions on whether not it's REALLY necessary to supplement with this? Will I really notice any major benefit? Or is it one those things that's personal preference or overkill? Prob sound stupid but thought I'd ask yal

And lastly, if I need to be taking bcaa supp any recommendations on brand? Or what to get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Branch chains stimulate protein synthesis (which is the process in which your cells produce their own proteins) and it has been shown that bcaa may actually do so better than actual protein. Bcaa are the building blocks of protein. I take them and love them, mainly intra and post wo. I use this. http://m.allstarhealth.com/f/bodystrong-bcaa_powder.htm

Last edited:
Branch chains stimulate protein synthesis (which is the process in which your cells produce their own proteins) and it has been shown that bcaa may actually do so better than actual protein. Bcaa are the building blocks of protein. I take them and love them, mainly intra and post wo. I use this. http://m.allstarhealth.com/f/bodystrong-bcaa_powder.htm

Thanks for the info man!!!

Save your money and buy real quality food. Like steak, eggs, chicken and fish.

I don't think it's real necessary per se. But, in my experience, using a scoop of scivation xtend with 20g dextrose during my workout give me awesome pumps, and way more endurance to get more volume in. I can push way harder. Could just be the carbs, but I get a much better workout

They definitely aren't necessary, but if you can afford it why not. Plus it's like a nice little sweet treat if you get a good flavor.

Yes, use them as a supp not as a replacement. Allmax aminocore, amazon has a good deal on them, 8 grams per serving. I prefer fruit punch flavor

A lot of top level dietitians have stopped recommending BCAA's for competitive bodybuilders who are trying to cut fat. I wish I could find the study that I read, but it went on to show that drinking BCAA's had the potential for them to be used as a fuel source over fat cells.

Here's a link to Shelby Starnes saying he still doesn't use them.
http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/default.asp?qid=211747&tid=162

He said the same thing on one of his posts a few days ago that he still doesn't recommend them. (When Dieting).

He gave specific circumstances where they were beneficial. Really wish I could find the study.

Last edited:
Like is being said... intra or post work out they help you push harder and rebuild faster

My bro is a IFBB pro bodybuilder . No not a top 10 guy & not even a top 20. But yes he made it to that 1 spot that is extremely hard to get to & earned that pro card, as long asI've known him he has been consistent with one thing , a handful of Bcaa caps right before he starts his workout & a handful every 15 to 20 minutes through out his workout. Along with a ton of water, I personally feel I benefit from Bcaa support , & if I feel like it's helping me then it is . I definitely feel my recovery time is decreased when I'm loading up on Bcaa s during my training.

If your diet is sufficient and you are taking in enough protein, then BCAAs aren't necessary. Having said that I still use them in my intra-workout shake. Why not have an extra edge?

I use Scivation X-Tend and ON Amino Fuel.

If your diet is sufficient and you are taking in enough protein, then BCAAs aren't necessary. Having said that I still use them in my intra-workout shake. Why not have an extra edge?

I use Scivation X-Tend and ON Amino Fuel.
I use BCAAs for intra too. I just switched to this brand a month ago after the EAAS fiasco.

Like you I do not see the downside.

I use BCAAs for intra too. I just switched to this brand a month ago after the EAAS fiasco.

Like you I do not see the downside.

I used to use Prime's EAAs also, Skip. Jumped ship after the news broke. Looking forward to John Meadow's new line.

I used to use Prime's EAAs also, Skip. Jumped ship after the news broke. Looking forward to John Meadow's new line.

EAAs for the win. You not bigs can continue spending your money on placebos though, I'm just happy that you're happy even if you look like shit. :coffee:

Aight guys so I read lots of your comments and got this today I'll give this supp a shot

6059bef42de029d5a5599629468020fe.jpg

I'm a BIG user of BCAAs. I wake up in the morning, grab a gallon of water and fill it up with 2.5 scoops of BCAAs. I drink that during the day, once it's empty, I fill it up with water and drink that all.

Get Shredded!
Everyone will have there own beliefs. For every study that proves bcaas/eaas to be beneficial , there is a study that will refute the same claim. I just commented on an article about arnold talking about supplementing and taking in extra protein by making shakes in school and throughout his day. Like he said, he did not have a large appetite , so in order to take in the required amount protein/(bcaa/eaa) he would supplement. not everyone can sit down and eat the same amount of food.

Aight guys so I read lots of your comments and got this today I'll give this supp a shot

6059bef42de029d5a5599629468020fe.jpg

Aw bro. Those taste like garbage. I wish I could have told you this sooner. I have the exact ones. Did you try them??

Btw I think BCAAS are used best for fasted workouts.

Xtend taste like garbage? I'm the complete opposite. I love the taste. I'm up for something that taste better though.

Ya I don't think it taste too bad really as long as a supplement is legit on its dosage or ingredients I don't mind forcing that shit down if I have to but decent taste does help lol

Yeah I think xtend are some of the best tasting BCAAs I've ever used lol. I guess my scope is limited but I always liked the watermelon. I do miss dextrose with it though, which makes it taste better

GarlicChicken;115640bi5 said:
Yeah I think xtend are some of the best tasting BCAAs I've ever used lol. I guess my scope is limited but I always liked the watermelon. I do miss dextrose with it though, which makes it taste better

I thought the same thing when I was buying it, maybe it's just a bad batch. My blue raspberry taste terrible man I swear lol. If i could five second air them to you you'd probably agree.

I do intra like most everybody else, but I go through bulksupplements to save $. Taste like shit because it's just the BCAAs and nothing else to sweeten, but definitely easier on th wallet.

I thought the same thing when I was buying it, maybe it's just a bad batch. My blue raspberry taste terrible man I swear lol. If i could five second air them to you you'd probably agree.
Crazy. I gotta order some more, maybe I'll go with something else

BCAAs are a great supplement, be sure to take them with your halo4her to get maximum results. :coffee:

Back