• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Letrozole In Bodybuilding

deathdodger

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Letrozole In Bodybuilding

By Nat Hall

Letrozole is a non steroidal selective third generation aromatase inhibitor. The structure and activity of this compound are very similar to that of Arimidex, and is prescribed for similar medical reasons. It is typically used as a second line of treatment after an estrogen receptor antagonist like tamoxifen has failed to elicit a describable response, although it is sometimes initiated as the first course of therapy depending on the circumstances. Male bodybuilders and athletes find value in leptosome for its ability to mitigate the estrogenic side effects associated with the use of aromatically anabolic/androgenic steroids, such as gynecomastia, fat buildup, and visible water retention.

The drug is most commonly supplied in dosages of 2.5mg. In terms of how this substance can be used to the benefit of bodybuilders and strength athletes, Letrozole is primarily used to ward any estrogenic side effects caused by the administration of anabolic steroids. Letrozole has been show to have the capability of reducing the level of estrogen in users' bodies by up to 96-98%. This would seemingly be enough in itself to make the compound a desirable one with which steroid users would be interested in. However letrozole also has been shown to increase the amount of lutenizing hormone, follicle stimulating hormone, and sex hormone binding globulin in users. It will help protect against gynocomastia, water retention and other estrogenic side effects Letrozole obviously can fulfill many users' needs.

There are some animal studies that have suggested that letrozole can help to reduce or even eliminate pre-existing gynocomastia as well. Of course there are some limits to this research as it has never been conducted using human subjects but it does demonstrate that there may be a mechanism by which this could occur. Anecdotally some users have reported that they have experienced a reduction in their own pre-existing gynocomastia, but of course these reports have their limits as they were not conducted with the scientific controls in place. Interestingly, it takes approximately 60 days to get a steady blood plasma level of letrozole once administration of the drug begins. This may necessitate that a user begin using the compound prior to beginning their cycle if they wish for the effects to be at full strength once their cycle begins. This may also hinder the ability of the compound to respond quickly if a user begins administration of the drug to counteract some side effects that have appeared quickly.

The maximum dosage that a user would want to use would be 2.5mgs per day. It has been shown in numerous studies that this dosage will eliminate nearly all of the estrogen in the body in nearly all individuals. Any dose that is higher than this would simply be unneeded. Despite the ability to increase the amount of lutenizing hormone, follicle stimulating hormone, and sex hormone binding globulin in users Letrozole can be counterproductive if used during post-cycle therapy. This is due to the ability of the compound to drive estrogen levels too low during use. Once the compound is discontinued this can result in a "rebound effect" in estrogen levels with these becoming quite high, something that should be avoided during or after post-cycle therapy.

Good read... thanks for posting :)

great ai but does definitely have a rebound effect to it. It did stop some gyno from developing once. i couldn't believe it. Thanks for posting this, it's always good refresh on this stuff.

Nice article! It is, in fact, a wonder compound for reversing or even eliminating gynecomastia.

good post this was something i had been considering

So if i were to take Letro off cycle to combat some gyno what would the dosage and how long should i go?

IML Gear Cream!
Major error in that write up. Anyone know what the major error is?

Major error in that write up. Anyone know what the major error is?

1) The author refers to letrozole as "leptosome" which is a totally different thing.

2) He says it takes 60 days for letrozole to work, when in fact it begins lowering estrogen in about 2 hours, and reaches it's maximum effectiveness 10-48 hrs after administration.

The only thing I can see is the comment referring to- Administration of the drug not responding quickly to sides-. From what I've read Letro (femara) can take up to 60 days to reach full levels...but full levels may not be needed to help combat the onset of gyno.....

Add-there have been studies done on men though directly related to gyno...to best my research.

The article also leaves out info referring to tapering letro to help avoid estrogen rebound.

Idk... best shots I could take at your question heavy

Last edited:
Yes Letrozole is a good compound to use. But i dont know how much dosage to use. can you tell me to whom i may concern?

I can attest to the effectiveness of letro. Gyno reduction within two weeks. Loss of libido within one week ;(

Well, thats tricky, here is the thing with gains, you want Test/dbol/adrol and similar for mass gains, and some of those gains come from these drugs aromatising to estrogen. Some estrogen is good for mass gains. Too much aromatizing drugs will leave you with too much estrogen. Thats when you start getting sides, acne,gyno,etc. This is why alot of guys prone to estro sides, use other drugs with Test/dbol ect. To get more gains and less sides. It takes trial and error to find out how prone you are to estrogen, and which other drugs give you gains with out sides.
So always have ancillarary drugs handy before you take any type of steroid. I didnt get sore nipps till i got over 750 mg test ewk, so then i strted adding others, such as eq. Eq for me was low on sides.I didnt get anything from decca, even up to 800 mg ew.Tren was ok but sides came at 375 ew/test 750 ew. The letro allows you to use more Test/adrol/dbol with out the estro sides. This keeps you leaner, and keeps gyno under control.

So like i said, trial and error. Too much letro could inhibit all out mass gains, but you will still pack on what matters most- muscle.Some guys like 40 wet lbs vs 5 dry lbs? I used to,. But now im much older, and bigger, so i like the dry gains i get from most PH's.Most dont aromatize.

If youve ever exp gyno type sides, then it may be best to keep letro handy just in case you take too much Test or aromatizing steroid. Its also a good idea to taper down as ive heard it can have a rebound effect, but i tappered down slowly into pCT when ive taken it and never had any problems. Better safe than sorry bro.

Get Shredded!
"Letrozole has been show to have the capability of reducing the level of estrogen in users' bodies by up to 96-98%."

"2.5mgs per day. It has been shown in numerous studies that this dosage will eliminate nearly all of the estrogen in the body in nearly all individuals."

These statements are false unless you have a vagina.

Letro makes me as sick as Prami. Any connection ?

Letro makes me as sick as Prami. Any connection ?

Prami is pretty commonly known to cause some dizziness or mild nausea if the dose is too high. Letro isn't as well known for these sides however lowering the dose on either drug may be the best course of action to see if you get used to the medications.

Prami makes me sick at even the smallest dose, I've switched to Dostinex. I just gave Letro a try a few mos ago and although it took a while it eventually made me nauseous , my gyno is only on one side, residual from surgery years ago, I don't think meds will help.

Prami makes me sick at even the smallest dose, I've switched to Dostinex. I just gave Letro a try a few mos ago and although it took a while it eventually made me nauseous , my gyno is only on one side, residual from surgery years ago, I don't think meds will help.

I would try Nolvadex for gyno treatment brother.

"Letrozole has been show to have the capability of reducing the level of estrogen in users' bodies by up to 96-98%."

"2.5mgs per day. It has been shown in numerous studies that this dosage will eliminate nearly all of the estrogen in the body in nearly all individuals."

Would 42%-46% be a more appropriate percentage in young men Heavy?
Basing this off one study i read during the search for this misinformation hunt.

Interesting. I lt's amazing how a scientific tone to an article makes you assume the conclusions are accurate. Goes to show your need to be careful about your sources of info. Peer reviewed pubs all the way. Thanks, Heavy.

Would 42%-46% be a more appropriate percentage in young men Heavy?
Basing this off one study i read during the search for this misinformation hunt.

That sounds about right for young guys.

Interesting. I lt's amazing how a scientific tone to an article makes you assume the conclusions are accurate. Goes to show your need to be careful about your sources of info. Peer reviewed pubs all the way. Thanks, Heavy.

Its a common error to use female data and apply it to males on BB sites.

So if i were to take Letro to combat some gyno what would the dosage and how long should i go?

Bringing this jem back from the dead. just picked up some of this stuff and was kinda wondering the same thing. Seems like there is alot of conflicting info on this. I've seen people say .25mgs all the way to 2.5mgs. So what is it?

Back