• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Cupping vs Cryotherapy

Bundy74

Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Any experiences or thoughts about these methods of rehab/recovery? I've really been considering these methods for a couple of aches and pains but curious as to effectiveness of both methods.

I've done cupping once and got some sort tren relief but didn't continue going so I can't say how well it works long term but u would guess really well.

Never done cryo.

ART has always been my go to. Plus I know a guy from my younger days who does it and gives me a good deal.

I swear by cupping therapy. Only thing that helped me after my car accident.

BUT, it hurts really bad at first then gets better as the toxins leave the body.

Also, the hickeys you will have all over last weeks. You think ppl check you out for the muscles now, wait til they see those bad boys. You will definitely get some looks

Think I may give Cupping a shot tomorrow. There are a couple of places near me that offer 30 minute sessions for $30

Cryotherapy is good. But it takes a few sessions before you notice anything.

is there a huge difference in Cryotherapy versus tub full of ice?

- - - Updated - - -

Ive done cryo numerous times. My wife won a $1000 package at a crossfit comp. It works well, i noticed immediately, i got better each session though. I did notice that i was obnoxiously hungry the following day as well (every time), like i did 30-40 minutes of hiit the day before.

- - - Updated - - -

Cryo is definitely colder and you aren't submersed in ice. I couldn't tell you the way it works on the body but I noticed a difference. Especially in the joints that were bothering me.

I've been having shoulder and elbow pains so I've got to find what works best for me

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

I was shoulder pain, elbow and knee pain. Once I did a month of cryo twice a week. My pains were gone. Then I started to do more stretching and I've been good to go ever since the treatments.

IML Gear Cream!
I've been having shoulder and elbow pains so I've got to find what works best for me

You need to identify the source of the pain so you can properly treat it.

Ive learned that joint instability is usually the cause of long term problems and if its not addressed nothing else will ever actually solve the problem permanently. You need someone intimately familiar with tendon attachment points to palpate and see if any of them cause a pain response when firmly pressed. If they do then you need to get the tendons supporting the joint healed or everything else is by and large a waste of time.

The joint laxity often in turn will cause other problems like muscle adhesion's and an overuse condition of the rotator cuffs in the shoulder as all the muscles try and continually contract to stabilize the joint.

I personally avoid anything that reduces inflammation (NSAID's, ICE etc) because inflammation is a key phase in proper healing.

Cryo is definitely colder and you aren't submersed in ice. I couldn't tell you the way it works on the body but I noticed a difference. Especially in the joints that were bothering me.
The stress response is the same, the timing is different though, I prefer the icebath

Ignore the random name, you can call me daddy

I am leaning toward the cupping therapy. I've had both but when they drag the cups over a target area it is very effective.
ART in general is a good way to break scar tissue and help increase flexibility. It has lead to growth for me in my weak areas (pecs) and also relieves the back rounding caused by over training of my chest.
Oh and yeah the hickies are kinda funny.

I prefer the ice bath for joint relief. I do like scraping over cupping for muscle rellief

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Ice therapy is very effective for joint and tendon pain. Have you tried the cryo chamber therapy?

Back