• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

I Just Don't Understand It

jramseyrob

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I got a call from my mother at 4AM telling me my 25yr old nephew had committed suicide while vacationing in Mexico last night. No drugs, booze, woman issues etc.... He was in his 3rd year of medical school and came from a very well to do family. He had apparently mentioned depression in passing over the holidays but no one thought anything of it. I just don't understand it. I guess I am posting this because I believe many of us don't understand the power of depression. Or maybe I am wrong on that too. It's just a shame.

Sorry to hear that I have never understood the whole depression thing with people it sounds like he had everything going for him.

I got a call from my mother at 4AM telling me my 25yr old nephew had committed suicide while vacationing in Mexico last night. No drugs, booze, woman issues etc.... He was in his 3rd year of medical school and came from a very well to do family. He had apparently mentioned depression in passing over the holidays but no one thought anything of it. I just don't understand it. I guess I am posting this because I believe many of us don't understand the power of depression. Or maybe I am wrong on that too. It's just a shame.

My thoughts go out to you and your family. Depression is a real pain in the ass. If you ever hear anyone mention that word please immediately stop what your doing and question them. Even if its a mild case those demons change quickly and will ruin a life.

Again OP I am sorry for your loss.

This hits home, because I have suffered from depression my whole life..People would often critique me and make reference to achievements over the years that I have had, but they simply don't get it.. It's something I cant help, but I can treat..It's no different then having cancer, would someone scold a cancer patient? It's real, very real and it can be debilitating for some.. Even just simply the slightest issue can be the whole world crashing down on them, what others think is peanuts, it's the end of the world for someone else..The worst battles we fight, our the ones within our own minds, and it's real, like a battle field..

For those that can't fathom or understand this, I get it, it's like trying to understand why someone would eat a full meal than go and vomit the whole thing up in the bathroom..It's hard to understand, but it's so very real, and a true battle for those that suffer from any mental sickness/illness...

I send my condolences and prayers your way, to you, your family and everyone effected..My this young man rest in peace...His battle is over!

man bro sorry to hear that... I struggle with depression all my life. at one point it got so bad I thought about offing myself everyday.. on the outside I had everything going for me, but on the inside it was like a weight was crushing me. its hard to explain to anyone who has never really felt it.. just to get out of bed was a struggle.
the crazy part is I had nothing to be depressed about.

This hits home, because I have suffered from depression my whole life..People would often critique me and make reference to achievements over the years that I have had, but they simply don't get it.. It's something I cant help, but I can treat..It's no different then having cancer, would someone scold a cancer patient? It's real, very real and it can be debilitating for some.. Even just simply the slightest issue can be the whole world crashing down on them, what others think is peanuts, it's the end of the world for someone else..The worst battles we fight, our the ones within our own minds, and it's real, like a battle field..

For those that can't fathom or understand this, I get it, it's like trying to understand why someone would eat a full meal than go and vomit the whole thing up in the bathroom..It's hard to understand, but it's so very real, and a true battle for those that suffer from any mental sickness/illness...

I send my condolences and prayers your way, to you, your family and everyone effected..My this young man rest in peace...His battle is over!

I agree 1000% percent brother I to suffer from mild Depression and people always do the same you were a all-American football player, you've accomplished this, you did that, yet all I see is failure and disappointment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depression and or bipolar are powerful demons. They often create other demons. The hardest part is society looks at us and questions us. Why are you sad? You have no reason to be depressed?? And so on. Seeking and receiving treatment is no easy task. Let alone having to try different meds and adjust them. My prayers for your entire family my friend

I suffer from it to a degree as well, and I too have no reason to be depressed. I have a great life. Medications often do not help and can lead to side effects that create other issues. I choose to go unmedicated. People say being happy is a choice we all make when we get up in the morning. It's not that easy when you suffer from depression.

My condolences to you and your family, OP.

IML Gear Cream!
It's effects so many more people than those not touched by it in some way can possibly imagine

I just recently hit my 5 year anniversary from the day I tried to take my life. I as well didn't have much of a reason to be depressed about. Its very hard to understand from the people around you and seemed like no one was willing to help me because they just didn't see it. There is one thing everyone can understand and that is signs... Anyone you would tell a loved one they are depressed should really be questioned or set up for so sort of counseling. I'm with Touareg here, meds lead to a whole other set of issues and don't seem to fix the issue at hand.. Lucky for me I'm still here and able to fight back day by day.. But one wrong thing, one wrong thought and it feel like the world is over still..

Sorry for your loss!!

Sorry for your loss bro. A lot of times people don't know when someone is in depression because the person that is dealing with the depressions pretends that he is "fine or okay". This is why I believe everyone should have at least one friend or family member in which they can confide in.

I just recently hit my 5 year anniversary from the day I tried to take my life. I as well didn't have much of a reason to be depressed about. Its very hard to understand from the people around you and seemed like no one was willing to help me because they just didn't see it. There is one thing everyone can understand and that is signs... Anyone you would tell a loved one they are depressed should really be questioned or set up for so sort of counseling. I'm with Touareg here, meds lead to a whole other set of issues and don't seem to fix the issue at hand.. Lucky for me I'm still here and able to fight back day by day.. But one wrong thing, one wrong thought and it feel like the world is over still..

Sorry for your loss!!

Congrats on the 5 years mark. I'm going on 3 months and its a battle.... At the end of the day you just need to find something positive to focus on and stay the course focusing on that one item that no matter what happens will always be there... Mine was my little girl.

I am a perfect example of where the medicine makes other symptoms worse. In my case it made everything worse and I tried 4-5 different kinds

Congrats on the 5 years mark. I'm going on 3 months and its a battle.... At the end of the day you just need to find something positive to focus on and stay the course focusing on that one item that no matter what happens will always be there... Mine was my little girl.

I am a perfect example of where the medicine makes other symptoms worse. In my case it made everything worse and I tried 4-5 different kinds

shit, 3 months ?? if you ever need to talk man just PM me.

Thank you for all the kind words. Without sounding overly dramatic am going to hug my two kids (25yrs and 23yrs) a bit tighter when I see them this weekend.

Very sorry for you loss brother, condolences to you and your family. To to the guys that battled through and still fighting the disease nothing but respect guys. My best friend took his life and I was the one that found him and his 1 yr old son was sleeping upstairs. Opened my eyes up to how severe depression really is. Once again op my condolences.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that. I've gone through this myself and continue to. When your in the moment you don't see an end to it and your like "If this the way life is going to be then fuck that! I will catch you guys on the flipside." You feel like you were dealt a bad hand. Honestly discovering synthetic testosterone was a godsend for me. Made every other aspect of my life phenomenal. Sorry for you and your families loss. Their is no pain worse than someone having to bury their own kid.

Sorry for your loss and my condolences.

I've never personally understood depression and I have a couple family members that struggle with it. My neighbor had it severely and took his life in his garage when his wife took the kids to school one day. She came home, knew something was wrong and called me. I found him in the garage. I'll never forget that day, has given me nightmares. I applaud those that fight that demon and don't let it win, it ruins lives of their loved ones and yet I also realize they don't see or predict that, they're just looking for a release.

Get Shredded!
A sorry for your and your family loss brother. Keep strong and make sure to live each day to its fullest. My wife has depression and it's a constant battle, just love and support

My wife's cousin was thought to of done the same thing a month ago but someone from Mexico that he was staying with contacted us and let us know that he was really kidnapped and murdered. The police tried to cover it up and everything. don't know if the same thing happened to your nephew though. sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss.Depression and mental illness definitely can be hereditary and very much run in my family.Proper treatment, therapy and medication can make a world of difference.Once again sorry for loss and although hard,communication and meds can really help save lives.

It's taken me a day just to get to the point of being able to write on this thread. My ex wife has depression. The day she tried committing suicide will always haunt me. The note she wrote to our youngest son makes me cry just thinking about it. And that was almost 2 years ago. Hardest thing to deal with imo. No clear cut solution. Some meds work for a while, then aren't as effective. Ex wife survived. We are friends to this day & she's doing well & taking care of herself.
to those of you with depression, I'd tell you that it effects everyone around you too. If you have a significant other and they are supportive and helpful for you. Tell them you appreciate it. They're struggling with you. I know there are days when it takes everything you have to get thru the day, do what you can. But on the good days, tell others you need them and what it means to have them.
Get whatever help you need from wherever you can get it. It's nice to see guys on here reaching out. Little things like that can make a difference. If you're in that spot, reach out! Keep fighting

Thanks to all those that have commented recently on this. As it turns out he had been using cocaine since gettting to Mexico last week. I had posted that drugs and booze were not the issue, but my other nephews and neices that were with him and have just returned to the states told me the reality. To my knowledge cocaine is the last drug that would push someone to kiling themselves so there were obviously underlying depression issue. But then again he was apparently buying it through the workers at the resort.....who knows what it could have been cut with? Shit who the hell knows. What a tragedy.

I'm sorry for your loss brother.
My condolences to your family.
I tried with pills and alcohol one night years ago.
Was supprised when i woke up. Still get that urge once in a while.
I guess it will never leave me completely. I guy used to know shot himself after his dog died. Told people he would do it then but nobody believed him. Having someone to talk to about anything and they dont have any judgement on you helps alot. Its my saving grace.
I am so sorry brother but don't try to make sense of it. You never will.

Sorry for your loss.

My best friend committed suicide a few years ago.

No easily was to understand it it. Everyone has there own unique situation. In a way all our stories are different but they are all the same.

The best way for you to understand it is depression took of your nephews brain. The person you KNOW was no longer there. It was someone else. A polluted mind attacking brain and personality.

We all say, "the person I knew would never do this" and in a sense we are right. In those last few moments, days the nephew you knew was not in there.

Take care my friend.

Back