• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Does any on hate doing pr bloo d

Vision

Team supervisor P.S.L.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Fasting pre bloods is a nightmare for me, I always pack a meal so soon as I walk out and can go to town..What do you guys do for eats after bloods?

I was talking with someone about this just a bit ago..GH testing alone can be a cunt,fasting from the night prior..Even a Test serum can be a cunt..I can't skip meals I get way to shaky..Can any any ane here stare a story on they feek after blood....I go ape-

I'll buy one the night prior and bring it along..or find me an Arby's..

I have an appetite for 3 men...
2UdQtjdE.png

Getting blood-work is something I'm about to start doing. I'm just going to hate the 2 hour round drive. I already get hypo easily without food. Can't imagine it after giving blood.

I am getting bloods drawn in the morning and I am already hungry. Even though its only 5 miles from the house, there will be a protein shake in the car. I also may hit up the donut shop next door if I am feeling extra hangry.

I always get bloods done first thing in the morning. I pack a protein shake, oatmeal with brown sugar (already cooked in Tupperware), and a peanut butter bagel that I consume in the car in the parking lot as soon as I'm done.
I hate fasting!!

Fasting pre bloods is a nightmare for me, I always pack a meal so soon as I walk out and can go to town..What do you guys do for eats after bloods?

I was talking with someone about this just a bit ago..GH testing alone can be a cunt,fasting from the night prior..Even a Test serum can be a cunt..I can't skip meals I get way to shaky..Can any any ane here stare a story on they feek after blood....I go ape-

I'll buy one the night prior and bring it along..or find me an Arby's..

I have an appetite for 3 men...
2UdQtjdE.png
You don't have to fast for anything except metabolic panels, lipids and yes Gh and cortisol because glucose/ insulin blunt those two. Testosterone testing, e2 OE any of those isn't affected. Drink plenty of water prior to being drawn though, dehydration will throw off some levels.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Not really. I have to force myself to eat in the morning anyway. For some reason it takes me a couple hours of being awake before I'm hungry

Having blood work done next Friday. Definitely will be in the am

You don't have to fast for anything except metabolic panels, lipids and yes Gh and cortisol because glucose/ insulin blunt those two. Testosterone testing, e2 OE any of those isn't affected. Drink plenty of water prior to being drawn though, dehydration will throw off some levels.

Do you have anything that can support this claim? Because it's not entirely accurate

I'm a medical technologist in a hospital lab. Ive done this for years as well as taught PT at a college program trading mlts. It's accurate.

IML Gear Cream!
I'm a medical technologist in a hospital lab. Ive done this for years as well as taught PT at a college program trading mlts. It's accurate.

Do you have anything that can support this other than a resume...

Food (insulin)can effect lipids, and effect test levels...fasting isn't pivotal in each case for a test serum,but it can and will effect levels indirectly...

No it doesn't. Not to any clinically significant degree. I'm not going to sit here arguing and answering your request for information. I told you how I know what I posted. It's my field. The reason most Drs ask for patients to fast regardless of what test they're being drawn for is that labs all store blood samples for 3-5 days from time of draw. Now suppose you go have a serum test level run but 2 days later your provider wants to check your liver values or electrolyte levels, lipids etc. Well if proper collection has occurred and proper storage that original serum tube will give an accurate enough picture to him w/o you having to come back in and be drawn again. It's a convenience to both parties. That said fasting doesn't affect everything to a significant amount. I run the tests and see the differences. I merely offered some practical advice for those that are not having metabolic panels tested to make going for labs more comfortable. My resume only came into it because you, who I'm assuming has no such background, looked it up on some site or another, which is fine but those don't always give you practical reality.

First and foremost I'm merely asking you to support this, there's no need for any sort of put down and if you take this as a bruise on your ego so be it because that was not the intention nor was I arguing.. but to insinuate that I have no understanding it's laughable...

I was not putting you down I was simply asking you a question I don't know why you're getting all hot and bothered... all you said in your initial post was it's not necessary and we're supposed to take it at that because that's what you said? Simply just support it that's all...

I'm not some newbie..but I too can support why fasting plays a key role with accurate readings, with updated findings, not some textbook outdated info..

I'm fasting because I want accurate lipid levels.
Does anyone know if having sex before your labs affects test levels?

I don't know you or you're background which is why I said it the way I did and if it was taken as a put down I apologize because that wasn't my intent. FYI my books aren't outdated they contain guidelines proven through parallel testing of thousands of samples and are put out by the various mfg of the analyzers used to test these things. I'm merely stating that fasting doesn't change all serum values to any clinically significant degree. You don't have to take anything I or anyone on here says as gospel. Look it up, do research or whatever. Again I tried to offer practical advice to those who hate fasting for labs so they could not worry about it if it was only for a test level.

My doc told me that it needed to be fasted and in the morning because it would show the highest level of test at that point (no I don't have any support for it, just what he said). I said then lets take it at the end of the day after I've eaten so its low and easier for a script. He just laughed and said Dan they will see that it was done late and automatically deny you. Take them in the morning damnit. lol

It is highest in the am. Like I've said fasting or not won't affect it enough to make a difference in his dosing decision. Look it up on Medline or medscape either one. They're both reputable and show their updates and references. They don't even mention fasting under testosterone, tsh, or a lot of other endocrine tests and give you lists of substances to avoid due to interferences.

It is highest in the am. Like I've said fasting or not won't affect it enough to make a difference in his dosing decision. Look it up on Medline or medscape either one. They're both reputable and show their updates and references. They don't even mention fasting under testosterone, tsh, or a lot of other endocrine tests and give you lists of substances to avoid due to interferences.

What about sex before getting your testosterone levels checked? Does that affect anything?

Lol idk but I've heard people say the lhjo before going to lower it but I'm not aware of any actual data on that. If I get an opportunity for sex I'm taking it though testing be damned

Lol idk but I've heard people say the lhjo before going to lower it but I'm not aware of any actual data on that. If I get an opportunity for sex I'm taking it though testing be damned

I don't know, I thought I read something about it once before. I have been out of town, so I was was making up for a few days with my wife last night, and again this morning.

Back