• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Contest Recap

Bundy74

Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Well is was a hell of a weekend and I can't tell you brothers how much I learned. This contest ended up being the largest qualifier of the year with over 600 contestants entered. This being my first event I truly had know idea what to expect. For those who have never competed, each division is broken into categories abcdef broken down by height, age and sometimes weight depending on the division. For example the Masters which was the division I entered is a catch all. So height and weight don't factor just age.. In this case 35-44.
With so many competitors entered I was of the impression the top 5 would make the cut but it didn't work out that way in the Masters division.
Only the top 3 made the cut and as much as I feel I made the 3 spot it just didn't play out that way. I can't say it was a true disappointment as much as a huge learning experience. I mean you see competitors in all sorts of shape.. Some are monsters and you look at yourself like damn I got to go head to head with that and others you see and your like oh I got this.. But ultimately it's all on the judges and their scoring.

The real pain was just feeling like I've let down the people who did so much to get me there. I mean so much sacrifice was made and so much help given you truly feel like you owe them more.. So that part sucked.
The actual act of being up on stage though is like nothing else. There is truly no practice that can prepare you for the first step under the lights. I honestly lost myself for a few seconds when I first went to pose.. It's sureal! The most gratifying part of it all though is knowing I've only been at this 11 months. I started out an overweight 42yr old with man boobs.. So to be on stage and really feel like I belong and can do it is the win itself. All that work in such a short time has paid off and to see myself on stage really brings that point home. To compete against the best in my state who by the way
have lifted and competed for years is really a blessing.. It just tells me i can only improve and get bigger and better.
Before I left I posted a thread and ended it by saying this was for anyone who has ever dared to dream big. I still mean it. Understand I wasn't always this guy. I've only been lifting since February 2016 so please know whatever your goal is.. I mean seriously whatever it may be in this game.. You can do it.. If you can visualize it, you can believe it and once you believe it, you can accomplish it.. It just boils down to vision, focus and discipline.
Lastly I say this all the time but all of this is/was only possible to Alan and Team DG! I've been taken care of like family. DG is the absolute best around. If you want to be the best you need to associate yourself with the best and I'm proud to be a part of the best around.. DG

The 2017 season starts in 4 months so you best believe I'm already planning my return!

Last edited:
You looked great! Nice job.. Sorry you didn't make top 3 but you did something not many of us can say we would ever have the balls to do. Hats off to you for that!

tough show if you didn't make top 3! Care to elaborate on your pre contest cycle? Apologize if you already information on it in another thread

tough show if you didn't make top 3! Care to elaborate on your pre contest cycle? Apologize if you already information on it in another thread

There was definitely some strong competitors but I felt like I was in there..unfortunately the top 3 finishers aren't pictured in these shots.

My prep can be found here.. This was the 12 week ASF run but I changed gears to prep at week 6.

http://www.anabolicsteroidforums.com/showthread.php/61474-ASF-Throwdown-Challenge-Bundy74

You look great brother!

Very nice work brother. Can only imagine how you're going to look in the next contest. :winkfinger:

Great work! It's been fun following your long & progress and look forward to seeing more. Thanks for the inspiration!

IML Gear Cream!
awesome work man. crazy to think you just getting started. fuck the judges. do it for you
and if you still want to compete then do it, but just know this isnt a contest where the best man always wins.
so dont ever let that mind fuck you

Well is was a hell of a weekend and I can't tell you brothers how much I learned. This contest ended up being the largest qualifier of the year with over 600 contestants entered. This being my first event I truly had know idea what to expect. For those who have never competed, each division is broken into categories abcdef broken down by height, age and sometimes weight depending on the division. For example the Masters which was the division I entered is a catch all. So height and weight don't factor just age.. In this case 35-44.
With so many competitors entered I was of the impression the top 5 would make the cut but it didn't work out that way in the Masters division.
Only the top 3 made the cut and as much as I feel I made the 3 spot it just didn't play out that way. I can't say it was a true disappointment as much as a huge learning experience. I mean you see competitors in all sorts of shape.. Some are monsters and you look at yourself like damn I got to go head to head with that and others you see and your like oh I got this.. But ultimately it's all on the judges and their scoring.

The real pain was just feeling like I've let down the people who did so much to get me there. I mean so much sacrifice was made and so much help given you truly feel like you owe them more.. So that part sucked.
The actual act of being up on stage though is like nothing else. There is truly no practice that can prepare you for the first step under the lights. I honestly lost myself for a few seconds when I first went to pose.. It's sureal! The most gratifying part of it all though is knowing I've only been at this 11 months. I started out an overweight 42yr old with man boobs.. So to be on stage and really feel like I belong and can do it is the win itself. All that work in such a short time has paid off and to see myself on stage really brings that point home. To compete against the best in my state who by the way
have lifted and competed for years is really a blessing.. It just tells me i can only improve and get bigger and better.
Before I left I posted a thread and ended it by saying this was for anyone who has ever dared to dream big. I still mean it. Understand I wasn't always this guy. I've only been lifting since February 2016 so please know whatever your goal is.. I mean seriously whatever it may be in this game.. You can do it.. If you can visualize it, you can believe it and once you believe it, you can accomplish it.. It just boils down to vision, focus and discipline.
Lastly I say this all the time but all of this is/was only possible to Alan and Team DG! I've been taken care of like family. DG is the absolute best around. If you want to be the best you need to associate yourself with the best and I'm proud to be a part of the best around.. DG

The 2017 season starts in 4 months so you best believe I'm already planning my return!

the dude to your left is about as wide as my gf. you are crushing that cat all day long .
you got the traps, the shoulders, the tie ins, smal waist. you just need more ab and core development in that department.
lil more lower chest to help cover the gyno . calves are blown out nice

the dude to your left is about as wide as my gf. you are crushing that cat all day long .
you got the traps, the shoulders, the tie ins, smal waist. you just need more ab and core development in that department.
lil more lower chest to help cover the gyno . calves are blown out nice
Ya once you really start to examine yourself you definitely see the little tweaks that need to be made. That pic in particular was finals so I had a few extra carbs in me.. The abs looked more defined while I was fasted but starving yourself while waiting hours takes a toll on the body so you got to get some fuel in you. For 2017 I plan on competing at 200lbs which is roughly 15 more than these pics. Most of the development will go to chest back and arms.. While I tweak the diet to really show off the core.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

Nice work Bundy!! Crazy dedication and it shows. Good for you brother and best of luck for your next show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man thank you all for the support and words of encouragement! This competition and really the journey to the stage has been such a learning experience. More than anything though is what you learn about yourself. For me, it is such an amazing feeling to have set a goal, aim for it and take the shot. As you get older you find those chances to truly test yourself to be so much more meaningful so to have come this far really taught me a lot and I'm hopeful that it can motivate or inspire some of the DG and ASF brothers because believe me when I say it's all possible! Thanks again to each of you who have shared your support and I have to take a moment to thank adhome and Alan who really took a chance and supported and believed in my dream all the way to the finish line!

U deserve it bro! Big time, ur extremely one of a kind and glad to know you and gain insight from u. U get what u put into this respect 100% dude

Damn great and you inspire us grown men that we can still jump into the game.You looked great brother and take the wisdom and improve upon it and crush the next competition.

Damn great and you inspire us grown men that we can still jump into the game.You looked great brother and take the wisdom and improve upon it and crush the next competition.
Thank you for the kind words and indeed the hope is take what I've learned and make 2017 an even better season.

Man awesome accomplishment in less than a year of lifting . I like seeing guys my age getting it done . Damn fine job.

Hell of a job bundy

Back