• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Origin of gear

Chad_Frazier

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
We all know for the most part what gear is. What compounds do what. What sides to expect, so on and so forth. My question is how many actually know what the raws for the different compounds are derived from,extracted from ,e.g. what does masteron raw come from or any of the different test compounds. Once made test is considered synthetic testosterone. It's not extracted from human bodies so how is the powder so precisely converted into actual testosterone? Some food for thought on a different level.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

We all know for the most part what gear is. What compounds do what. What sides to expect, so on and so forth. My question is how many actually know what the raws for the different compounds are derived from,extracted from ,e.g. what does masteron raw come from or any of the different test compounds. Once made test is considered synthetic testosterone. It's not extracted from human bodies so how is the powder so precisely converted into actual testosterone? Some food for thought on a different level.

Love this thread already Chad.!! Will be even better once some Vets and other Knowledgeable members respond. Always wondered this question too. Great thread.!! Let's hear some answers fellas.!!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Love this thread already Chad.!! Will be even better once some Vets and other Knowledgeable members respond. Always wondered this question too. Great thread.!! Let's hear some answers fellas.!!!

Something a little different than the normal shit. Looking forward as well.

Good thread CF!

Sent from my JewPhone using Trannytalk

Something a little different than the normal shit. Looking forward as well.

ABSOLUTELY brotha., this is the kind of stuff I'd like to read about and learn.

I don't know a whole lot about it and I'm sure there are several different methods, but I've read that raw sweet potato contains extremely high concentrations of chemical precursors to many hormones. The precursors are extracted and put through a series of chemical reactions to produce the raws. Hopefully others will chime in with more details.

Testosterone is synthesized from DHEA, which is only about 2 steps away from test base.

it all starts with coleman fuel and lithium strips

Masteron comes from the mast tree ...duh , everyone knows that...

Testosterone comes from plants sterols like the one found in yams

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Not the grocery store yams though, wild yams, lil different.

You'd have to eat a couple acres worth, lol.

I had to google it...

Testosterone Produced Synthetically by Pharmaceutical Vendors

Testosterone can be manufactured a variety of ways, but the most common way it’s produced today involves phytosterols, chemical compounds derived from plants. The same chemical compounds could be manufactured along more synthetic pathways, but phytosterols are most common because they are a cost-effective, bio-organic means to acquire the initial substrates of testosterone production. The specific compound that’s used most often for the testosterone produced in the USA is androstendione. This can be derived from soy and yam isolates.

Good question chad. And what I've always wondered is why can't some geek in the usa sit down in his lab and synthesyze the goods state side? China man can do it all day long, why can't we?

We could do it here quite easily I would guess but its probably not worth the risk and very little money compared to what they make doing all of the other crap they are making. Just my.02

Check this out:

Production of testosterone from phytosterol using a single-step microbial transformation by a mutant of Mycobacterium sp.

Abstract

A testosterone (TS)-producing mutant, ST2, was derived from a phytosterol-assimilating and androst-4-ene-3,17-dione (AD)-producing bacterium, Mycobacterium sp. B-3805S, using nitrosoguanidine (NTG) mutagenesis. Production of TS from phytosterol using a single-step microbial transformation process by ST2 was investigated in a 5-l surface-aeration microprocessor-controlled fermentor loaded with a synthetic medium supplemented with 0.1% phytosterol, 2% glucose and 1% peptone at 30 degrees C. An increase in dissolved oxygen at the initial stage of fermentation favored the side-chain degradation of phytosterol to AD. Later in the fermentation, a decrease in the dissolved oxygen to zero resulted in a decrease in pH to 6.0 as well as the reduction of AD to TS. Under optimal fermentation conditions, the maximum conversion ratio of phytosterol to TS was 31% after 120 h cultivation. It was concluded that the control of dissolved oxygen in the fermentation culture is the most important parameter for production of TS from phytosterol via AD. TS was isolated from the fermentation culture by addition of Amberlite XAD-7 resin and was further purified by flash chromatography on a silica gel column. After crystallization, TS was obtained as needle crystals with the correct melting point.

The next one is to a paper published in Jan 2017:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5270716/

Processes like these is where modern pharmaceuticals is going. No more multi step synthetic methods, we now feed substrates to genetically modified bacterium and they do the work inside a reactor, is a biologically compatible environment without using all kinds of crazy reagents to get there. People have always thought we'd be building tiny nanomachines to do jobs for us. What we'll really be doing is trading binary computing systems to nucleic acid based encoding systems and recruiting existing life forms to do the work for us. The possibilities of this are endless, especially using organisms like fungus, which can break down pretty much any organic molecule.

The money being dumped into the study of protein folding is unreal. Were currently doing simple modifications to proteins, such as with IGF-LR3, to increase the compounds affinity for target binding sites while also reducing our ability to metabolize the compound.

Enjoy the reading.

The scientists that are doing this kind of work are employed by big pharma, making plenty of money without needing to supply a demand for compounds we are interested in experimenting with. Besides, they don't need to synthesize any of the already commercially available hormones, they have DEA license number and can order whatever they want, not to mention have the ability and legal standing to run their own production facilities. It is really a risk vs reward scenario, the same reason why there aren't any poppy fields producing heroin here or any plantations producing cocaine. Even if someone wanted to do it and could get away with it, they would never be able to beat the profit margin that is capable with oversees cheap/free labor and little to no regulation. Making a kilo of LSD is one thing, you're talking about 10000 doses per gram of material, whereas the single dose taken with testosterone, for example, is a couple hundred milligrams taken weekly for a few months in most cases.

It's always been my understanding that technically speaking, Testosterone is NOT really a steroid, such as AAS's like Anadrol, Deca, Anavar etc etc are. So if we have found things written and published on Testosterone manufacture, does any of that really apply to these other compounds or explain where they're derived from? I know that all of these are androgens and are said to be derivatives or deviations of Testosterone, but do they really come from the same chemical or organic sources that testosterone does?

I've read in a couple places over the years that AAS's are derived from cholesterol, but I'm not sure if that's accurate or not.

It's always been my understanding that technically speaking, Testosterone is NOT really a steroid, such as AAS's like Anadrol, Deca, Anavar etc etc are. So if we have found things written and published on Testosterone manufacture, does any of that really apply to these other compounds or explain where they're derived from? I know that all of these are androgens and are said to be derivatives or deviations of Testosterone, but do they really come from the same chemical or organic sources that testosterone does?

I've read in a couple places over the years that AAS's are derived from cholesterol, but I'm not sure if that's accurate or not.

Testosterone is definitely a steroid, often just one or two atomic modifications away from many others we're familiar with: estradiol, DHT, dbol, etc.

For an example here's the chemical structure of T and dbol next to each other. The differences being merely a double bond on the bottom and a methyl attached to the C-17 site -- the same site btw where any esters like cypionate are attached for our injectables.

ximage006.png.pagespeed.ic.Hfs6jDjjkp.png

All steroids come from cholesterol. The "ster" part of the name is a linkage hint... and the "steroid backbone" is key to understanding how all these are related.

There's a nice chart on wiki showing the "flow" of steroid conversions under normal conditions, whether androgens (like T), estrogens, or corticosteroids -- all closely related chemically but often having diametrically opposed effects. Scroll down to the "steroidogenesis" pic, in color:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steroid

I'd link the pic directly but this forum software chokes on "svg" pic formats.

What you might've picked up on in other readings is that many of our AAS compounds like dbol, winny, and deca are analogues, meaning they're closely related to our normal androgens like T and DHT but are unnatural. Our bodies would never create them despite their extreme similarity. But they're all steroids, and "AAS" more specifically.

This is what you're looking for. All of this happens inside all of us:

Steroidogenesis.jpg

All of our cells are capable of producing cholesterol, since it is a vital component of the cellular lipid bilayer. Below is the complete biosynthetic process for creating cholesterol:
cholesterol biosynthesis.jpg

Acetyl-CoA is used by every eukaryotic in the Krebs cycle as well as many other processes, so there can't really be a lack of this stuff without lacking in other essential micro-nutrients.

The following link is specific to esterification of testosterone and its synthetic analogues, with pictures. This is probably the single best source I've seen that explains all of the compounds were familiar with comprehensively that isint written exclusively for PhD level use, but is still 100% scientifically accurate.

16. Esters, Enol-esters, Carbonate-esters and Carbamates

Aede de Groot, Willem Koert

Next to the prohormones there is a second group of steroids which enter the body as inactive compounds. In the body they are transformed into active anabolic steroids by enzymes. This group consists in the first place of esters of anabolic steroids but also acetals, enol ethers and normal ethers have appeared on the market. We will treat these compounds as a separate group. We call them hormone derivatives.
The difference between prohormones and hormone derivatives is the place of the enzymatic transformation in the steroid. In a prohormone the transformation into the real hormone takes place by
an enzymatic reaction on the steroid skeleton. In a hormone derivative the transformation into the real hormone takes place by an (enzymatic) reaction at one of the substituents. In anabolic steroids mostly the hydroxyl group at C17 is derivatized, sometimes this is the case with the hydroxyl group or the carbonyl group at C3, and occasionally the derivative is at another place.We will look at the characteristic chemical properties of hormone derivatives to understand in which way they are converted to active anabolic steroids. There are two ways to do this:
- The derivative is converted to the real hormone by an enzyme. For instance an esterase can hydrolyze esters like testosterone propionate or nandrolone decanoate into the free steroids testosterone or nandrolone. The derivative is converted to the real hormone by a normal chemical reaction. For instance gastric acid can hydrolyze an acetal or an enol ether.

In this chapter we will have a closer look at esters of anabolic steroids, in the next chapter the other derivatives will be treated.

Chemical properties of carboxylic acids and esters

Thousands of carboxylic acids and thousands of alcohols are known and they can react to esters in all possible ways. A large variety of esters occurs in Nature. Because of all these possibilities, it will be good to pay attention to the nomenclature and chemistry of carboxylic acids, their salts and their esters.
The carboxyl group is the characteristic functional group in carboxylic acids (see Scheme 1). The carboxyl group can be considered as a combination of a hydroxyl group and a carbonyl group at the same C-atom. For this reason they can interact with each other and this interaction gives the carboxyl group its own characteristic reaction possibilities.
One of these characteristic chemical properties of the carboxyl group is its acidity, and from this the name carboxylic acid originates. When a carboxylic acid is dissolved in water, it dissociates partly in a carboxylate and a proton (H+), which is bound to water (see Scheme 1). Ordinary vinegar is a 3-4% solution of acetic acid in water.
The proton of the carboxyl group can be replaced by a metal ion like sodium or potassium (Na[SUP]+[/SUP] or K[SUP]+[/SUP]) to give a sodium or potassium salt of the carboxylic acid. The H-atom also can be replaced by a methyl or ethyl group or by some other substituted C-atom, and then it becomes an ester. In both cases the suffix in the name carboxylic changes into carboxylate(see Scheme 1)

n.16.1.gif

Scheme 1​

In Table 1 the names and suffixes of the first ten linear carboxylic acids, esters and salts are presented. Linear means that the carbon chain in not branched. In Figure 1 we see that esters of branched chain or aromatic carboxylic acids occur also.

n.16.2.gif

Table 2 mentions a number of fatty acids, that occur in esters of anabolic steroids.

n.16.3.gif

The reaction of a carboxylic acid with an alcohol gives an ester and water. The reaction is an equilibrium, an ester can be hydrolyzed again with water to a carboxylic acid and an alcohol. The body uses this last reaction to set free the active anabolic steroid from its ester. This reaction is catalyzed by esterases.
In scheme 2, the formation and hydrolysis of the ester of acetic acid and ethanol is shown. In the same scheme the hydrolysis of the ester nandrolone decanoate is shown. We see from these examples that the hydroxyl group can be part of a simple molecule like ethanol or of the more complicated molecule nandrolone. Likewise the carboxylic acid can be simple like acetic acid or it can have a longer carbon chain as in decanoic acid. In Figures 1 and 4 carboxylic acids can with more complicated structures are shown.
Esterases occur in blood and are not very selective. They accept different substrates and can hydrolyze many different esters of steroids.

n.16.4.gif

Scheme 2​

Steroid esters
In Figure 1 we have collected the esters of testosterone that have appeared on the market.

n.16.5.gif

Figure1 1​

In Figure 2 the esters of nandrolone are collected that have been marketed. These esters resemble those of testosterone in figure 1. An interesting detail: We have found 13 producers of these nandrolone esters and nine of them are located in China, one in India, one in Italy, one in Hungary and one in The Netherlands.

n.16.6.gif

Figure 2​

Not only testosterone and nandrolone are for sale as esters, also esters of boldenone, trenbolone and other steroids are on the market. In principle there are few restrictions. Examples are shown in Figure 3.

n.16.7.gif

Figure 3​

Esters of 17a-methyl steroids are known, but they have not appeared often on the market. Methandriol dipropionate is one of the few examples (see Figure 3, right bottom corner). It is not necessary to convert 17-methyl steroids into esters because these steroids are orally available themselves and they do not metabolize fast. Also the tertiairy hydroxyl group (see Chapter12, Scheme 3) in 17-methyl steroids is more sterically hindered and therefore less easily transformed into an ester. Esterases also hydrolyse these esters less easily.
The structure of the ester determines the velocity with which it will be hydrolyzed by esterases. More steric hindrance usually causes slower hydrolysis. Other conditions such as lipid solubility, transport in the body, vulnerability for metabolic transformations and patent possibilities determine which combination of steroid and carboxylic acid will be marketed as ester.
In anabolic preparations also mixtures of slower and faster hydrolysing esters are found, this to affect a direct and a longer lasting anabolic effect. In Table 3 some ester mixtures are mentioned, which are marketed under their own tradename.

n.16.8.gif

In patents and in the scientific literature many esters are mentioned, which for some reason never have reached the market. Their anabolic activity has been established but not exploited. Some of these esters are collected in Figure 4 to give an impression of their sometimes exotic structures.
The compounds on the top row in Figure 4 have been synthesized to investigate the role of steric hindrance on their hydrolysis velocity [1] [2]. The hydrolysis is slow in these highly hindered esters, but does occur. The esters have a long lasting anabolic effect.
The structure in the middle on the left is a bit strange [3]. The C17 hydroxyl group first has formed a so called hemi acetal with chloral (trichloroacetaldehyde). Next the resulting hydroxyl groep has been converted into an ester.
Also the other esters in Figure 4 are formed from somewhat strange carboxylic acids [4] [5] [6]. The anabolic activity of the esters from Figure 4 is good, with mostly a better separation of anabolic and androgenic effects then the parent steroids.

n.16.9.gif

Figure 4​

Enol ester and dienol ester derivatives
Many esters on the market have an ester group at C17, but it is of course also possible to attach an ester at C3. However, it would be better when after hydrolysis of an ester at C3, a carbonyl group should remain instead of a hydroxyl group. This is possible with an enol ester or a diënol ester derivative of the C3 carbonyl group.
In Chapter 14 we have already explained that an enol consists of a double bond (-en) with an attached hydroxyl group (-ol). A dienol consists of two double bonds next to each other with a hydroxyl group attached to one of them. When the hydroxyl group is converted to an ester an enol or dienol ester is obtained. In scheme 3 a dienol ester of testosterone is described. The carbonyl group at C3 enolizes in the direction of ring B and the D[SUP]4[/SUP]-double bond shifts one place to the D[SUP]5[/SUP]-position.
Practically all carboxylic acids can be used to make a (di)enol ester but an acetate is the easiest to synthesize. Many (di)enol acetates of steroids are known in the literature. After injection of these derivatives the esters are slowly hydrolized by esterases to set free the (di)enol. After that the 4-en-3-one structural element of testosterone is reconstructed in a spotanuous equilibrium reaction.
It is possible that in the synthese of a (di)enol ester also the hydroxyl group at C17 is transformed in an ester (acetate). This can be prevented by first protecting this hydroxyl group, followed by deprotection after formation of the (di)enol ester. However this costs two reaction steps which will make the endproduct more expensive. Besides, it is not a drawback when also the hydroxyl group at C17 will be esterified because esterases can also hydrolyse this ester (see Scheme 3).

n.16.10.gif

Scheme 3​

Back