• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Formula for capping?

Nyde

Banned
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I just got a capping machine (caps 30 capsules at a time) with size "0" capsules. I'd like to put in each cap 240mgs of powder. What is the formula used so that each gets 240mgs of powder? Obviously if I have 240mgs of powder X 30 capsules that equals out to a total of 7,200mgs of powder. How much filler powder do I need to add to 7,200mgs of my active powder so that each cap gets 240mgs of active chemical powder?

So the challenge is how to mix the filler... Once you have done it a few times its easy

You need to take your filler(s) and break them up into smaller amounts. Full mix the active powder with maybe a 1/4 or 1/3 of the filler. I always used a magic bullet. A blender is a little big. I have heard of guys using dry shaker bottles. Then take your fully mixed 1/3 filler and active substance and fully mix that with another 1/3 filler and once more. Typically the more mixes your willing to do the more you can be assured the blend is evenly dispersed.
I used to get the big caps and use bcaa powder as a filler. But corn starch is fine.
I have even heard of fellas using different colored Gatorade powder for each mix. That gave them visual reinforcement the mix was well turned over

So the challenge is how to mix the filler... Once you have done it a few times its easy

You need to take your filler(s) and break them up into smaller amounts. Full mix the active powder with maybe a 1/4 or 1/3 of the filler. I always used a magic bullet. A blender is a little big. I have heard of guys using dry shaker bottles. Then take your fully mixed 1/3 filler and active substance and fully mix that with another 1/3 filler and once more. Typically the more mixes your willing to do the more you can be assured the blend is evenly dispersed.
I used to get the big caps and use bcaa powder as a filler. But corn starch is fine.
I have even heard of fellas using different colored Gatorade powder for each mix. That gave them visual reinforcement the mix was well turned over

Brother, with all due respect, I do appreciate you taking the time to answer my question, but you really didn't answer my question. LOL

0 cap holds about 500mg. For simplicity sake I would probably make the caps 250 active, but for precision you will have to do a few tests to find a filler that weighs the same by volume or do a little math. Really it depends on what you're capping. If one is very fine versus one being very chunky you could wind up a fairly large difference.

But to answer your actual question you would need 23 parts active to 25 filler assuming you got the mix correct. Which is why I would just go 250mg for a 1:1 ratio. How you cap and pack will make a difference as well as what you're capping. Powdered plant or fungal material will be way less dense than something like bulk supplements.

Assuming you you get all that correct and have an equal filler you will want to run a batch of filler only and make sure you are actually getting the MG/cap you want total.

kind of like DJ said the key is the filler and the mixing

0 cap holds about 500mg. For simplicity sake I would probably make the caps 250 active, but for precision you will have to do a few tests to find a filler that weighs the same by volume or do a little math. Really it depends on what you're capping. If one is very fine versus one being very chunky you could wind up a fairly large difference.

But to answer your actual question you would need 23 parts active to 25 filler assuming you got the mix correct. Which is why I would just go 250mg for a 1:1 ratio. How you cap and pack will make a difference as well as what you're capping. Powdered plant or fungal material will be way less dense than something like bulk supplements.

Assuming you you get all that correct and have an equal filler you will want to run a batch of filler only and make sure you are actually getting the MG/cap you want total.

kind of like DJ said the key is the filler and the mixing
Yes, but there is an actual logical math equation/formula for capping in the manner I spoke of. Someone, that taught me how to brew like 15 years ago, taught me this. I, of course, have forgotten how to do this.

Let me see if I can nail this for you. Weigh the cap empty. Fill the cap full with filler. Weight the cap full of filler. I would use an average of 5 caps for this. Once you have an average weight for caps full of filler. Subtract the Capsule weight and the amount of active you want in each cap. Multiply that number by the number of caps you are going to make. That will give you your filler weight. Multiply the active weight by the number of caps and you will have your active weight to make the number of capsules you are making. Once you have everything weighed out Mix them in parts like Dieseljimmy explained. Hope that helps.

why not just make an oral suspension..

So much more accurate than caps...unless your an expert at capping.. which im not

why not just make an oral suspension..

So much more accurate than caps...unless your an expert at capping.. which im not
Because I don't know how to make an oral suspension. If I did know, trust me, I would do that.

IML Gear Cream!
I'm lost... Why do you need a filler? Just put the active in and call it a day? If your making tabs yeah you need filler and binder but with caps I don't get it.

Last edited:
I'm lost... Why do you need a filler? Just put the active in and call it a day? If your making tabs yeah you need filler and binder but with caps I don't get it.
You are correct. If you are making 30 pills just weigh each one out. The problem is most raw suppliers have a Min order so you end up making 100's of caps and it sucks to weigh that many out. My first Cap machine did like 350 at a time

Back