• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

New York City seeks U.S. funds for $1 million daily security costs for Trump

charley

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Two members of New York City's council are calling on President-elect Donald Trump to provide federal funds to reimburse the city for the $1 million-a-day cost of protecting him and his family in their home in Trump Tower on Manhattan's Fifth Avenue.
In an online petition launched on Friday, Speaker of the New York City Council Melissa Mark Viverito and council member Dan Garodnick said the cost of the Trump's security should be borne by the federal government, not by the city.
"We ask you to commit the necessary federal funds to reimburse New York for all costs of protecting you and your family, both before and after your inauguration as president of the United States of America," it said.
A representative for the New York City Council said it had not received any response from Trump's team about the petition, which had more than 500 supporters on Friday.
Since Trump's surprise victory over Democrat Hillary Clinton in the Nov. 8 election, New York City police have increased protection for the president-elect and his family at their Midtown home.
Police have set up barriers and security details at the luxury skyscraper, which has been the headquarters for his transition team as he prepares for his inauguration on Jan. 20.
City officials have estimated the security cost at more than $1 million a day, which would total over $1 billion during his four-year term as president, according to the petition.

New York Mayor Bill de Blasio has also remarked about the costs of protection Trump and his family.
"We are particularly concerned about overtime costs, and we think it's a very valid situation to turn to the federal government for the maximum possible reimbursement for those costs," he told reporters last month.
[h=3][/h]
The petition said New York City's budget is already stretched by providing police, sanitation and education for city residents, all of which would suffer if funds were diverted to protecting Trump.
"Donald Trump's protection is creating a huge headache for everyone in Midtown, and must not come at the expense of New York City taxpayers,"

Million dollars a day is outrageous. How many officers do you need and how much daily pay do they get to justify a million dollars a day. Also, most NY citizens hate trump.

This will be interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All douche bag De Blasio I'm sure. Just like he vows that he will not stop NYC from being a sanctuary city. Good luck with that once trump starts taking away grants and funds to the city . DeBlasio thinks he has issues with funds now from protecting trump... wait until all this goes down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You think anyone cares? They'll just tack it on to our national debt everything goes there why not this. Trump is no way close to being a billionaire lol.... Good luck getting pay sucka....oh wait the middle class will fork it out just like everything else.. Bitch ass whitey.......

Cheapthreads out..

You think anyone cares? They'll just tack it on to our national debt everything goes there why not this. Trump is no way close to being a billionaire lol.... Good luck getting pay sucka....oh wait the middle class will fork it out just like everything else.. Bitch ass whitey.......

Cheapthreads out..
Cheap you're my boy and all but, you mad bro?

Yeah, you mad.

Cheap you're my boy and all but, you mad bro?

Yeah, you mad.

Yes i am !!!!! My tren run is coming to an end and im mad bro. You know that feeling when you come off a 5 month tren run , it's a bad feeling... But i like you still even if i go off on you it's not me it's the ending of a tren cycle...lol....

Cheapthreads out..

Two members of New York City's council are calling on President-elect Donald Trump to provide federal funds to reimburse the city for the $1 million-a-day cost of protecting him and his family in their home in Trump Tower on Manhattan's Fifth Avenue.
In an online petition launched on Friday, Speaker of the New York City Council Melissa Mark Viverito and council member Dan Garodnick said the cost of the Trump's security should be borne by the federal government, not by the city.
"We ask you to commit the necessary federal funds to reimburse New York for all costs of protecting you and your family, both before and after your inauguration as president of the United States of America," it said.
A representative for the New York City Council said it had not received any response from Trump's team about the petition, which had more than 500 supporters on Friday.
Since Trump's surprise victory over Democrat Hillary Clinton in the Nov. 8 election, New York City police have increased protection for the president-elect and his family at their Midtown home.
Police have set up barriers and security details at the luxury skyscraper, which has been the headquarters for his transition team as he prepares for his inauguration on Jan. 20.
City officials have estimated the security cost at more than $1 million a day, which would total over $1 billion during his four-year term as president, according to the petition.

New York Mayor Bill de Blasio has also remarked about the costs of protection Trump and his family.
"We are particularly concerned about overtime costs, and we think it's a very valid situation to turn to the federal government for the maximum possible reimbursement for those costs," he told reporters last month.

The petition said New York City's budget is already stretched by providing police, sanitation and education for city residents, all of which would suffer if funds were diverted to protecting Trump.
"Donald Trump's protection is creating a huge headache for everyone in Midtown, and must not come at the expense of New York City taxpayers,"

Fucking stupid...I could hire 200 puerto ricans with baseball bats and pay them each $300 a day for a total of 60K a day.

sounds like bullshit, 1 mil is probably enough to cover the salary of 10 cops. to claim to spend that daily would mean Obama cost 1 tril a day

- - - Updated - - -

sounds like bullshit, 1 mil is probably enough to cover the salary of 10 cops for a year. to claim to spend that daily would mean Obama cost 1 tril a day

Man is there really that many libs that still don't get it . Maybe they should just send therapy dogs .

Dude trump isnt takin new yorks grants or doin anything drastic imo watch !!..he will bring some jobs back tho and thats cause hes self centered and egotistical mofo and will prove it can be done !!....inner city low class folks are pissed cauze they think there not goin to get free shit :)

IML Gear Cream!
Fucking stupid...I could hire 200 puerto ricans with baseball bats and pay them each $300 a day for a total of 60K a day.
Pretty much..and still call them the secreto servico

Dude trump isnt takin new yorks grants or doin anything drastic imo watch !!..he will bring some jobs back tho and thats cause hes self centered and egotistical mofo and will prove it can be done !!....inner city low class folks are pissed cauze they think there not goin to get free shit :)
Wellfare check ,,getcha wellfare checka ,,everbody come and get your wellfare check..

Woodpiles are full

sounds like bullshit, 1 mil is probably enough to cover the salary of 10 cops. to claim to spend that daily would mean Obama cost 1 tril a day

- - - Updated - - -

sounds like bullshit, 1 mil is probably enough to cover the salary of 10 cops for a year. to claim to spend that daily would mean Obama cost 1 tril a day

but its barricades, and traffic re-routing and dedicated dispatchers and equipment and fucking dogs ...and horses, and swat, and snipers ...you ever see the equipment these guys roll with?

it seems high but I'd be willing to bet its itemized to the penny

these guys look like normal patrol to you? what I wonder is why the secret service isn't incurring all of this cost anyway- why is it up to the city?

gettyimages-623832556.jpg

I bet Trump requested for some of NYPDs best.. Seen as he may know some of them.. I'm sure there's a trust factor.

After all.. we now know that it was only because of NYPD, that the FBI's hand was forced to re-open the Hillary Investigation a 2nd time.. The NYPD told them reopen it, or we hold a press conference to discuss in full detail what was found on Anthony Weiners laptop..

Thank you NYPD..

these guys look like normal patrol to you? what I wonder is why the secret service isn't incurring all of this cost anyway- why is it up to the city?

Lol dems pulling morr bullshit. Im not even shocked anymore.

Get Shredded!
jesus..maybe read the second article..it outlines the expense of protecting former presidents prior to inauguration and why defending a high rise in new york city presents different challenges than prior presidents..and that EVERY city previously has sought reimbursement for the expense

but yeah..its liberals..in the city of ground zero and the statue of liberty

easy solution...get rid of all the money sucking Unions in NY that will cut the cost to a much lower cost...

easy solution...get rid of all the money sucking Unions in NY that will cut the cost to a much lower cost...

this is probably accurate..might lower the insane cost of living in the city too..

2k a month for 500 sq ft with roaches and nothing included..

but its barricades, and traffic re-routing and dedicated dispatchers and equipment and fucking dogs ...and horses, and swat, and snipers ...you ever see the equipment these guys roll with?

it seems high but I'd be willing to bet its itemized to the penny

The federal government itemizes no expenditures to the penny.

interesting, I would say if trump setup his own security it would cost much less, government is notorious for not handling shit well, or caring about budgets.

I think the point is is New York is freaking out about their budget. Winter is an incredibly bad time to have a budget deficit when one decent storm or blizzard runs the risk of grenading the budget-with federal aid in the form of fema reimbursement being a drawn out process and an unlikely source of funds as they typically deny anything short of the National Guard deploying (it's happened).

Towns/ cities aren't good at this shitime for sure...I don't think new York can really be criticized for not seeing this as a foreseeable event a year ago when they would have made there city budget..and even if they had I'm not sure they could have even figured out where they were making this money up. New York is not a hand out state either before anyone goes that route...the city is mercilessly cut throat with financial matters.
"Fuck you" could easily be the city motto

I think the point is is New York is freaking out about their budget. Winter is an incredibly bad time to have a budget deficit when one decent storm or blizzard runs the risk of grenading the budget-with federal aid in the form of fema reimbursement being a drawn out process and an unlikely source of funds as they typically deny anything short of the National Guard deploying (it's happened).

Towns/ cities aren't good at this shitime for sure...I don't think new York can really be criticized for not seeing this as a foreseeable event a year ago when they would have made there city budget..and even if they had I'm not sure they could have even figured out where they were making this money up. New York is not a hand out state either before anyone goes that route...the city is mercilessly cut throat with financial matters.
"Fuck you" could easily be the city motto
new yorkers dont even realize there is a whole world outside their city, its like the middle east there they think they are at the center

Really doesn't matter what kind of gear they wear the pay is the same

Trump is President ELECT, go ask Obama for federal funds mother fuckers, he's the one still in power.

Back