• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Advice from the ASF crew

bigtime916

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Ok Im trying to give this thought before I act. Im at the gym today and theres this older guy, I would guess 55. He always walks around like hes the biggest guy in the gym. Leaves 100 lb dumbbells on the ground when hes done with his one rep and just has a attitude all the time.

So today Im waiting for water and I get shoulder checked pretty hard. I thought well Im sure that was a accident, look over and its him walking off leaving the gym.

I head back to by bench and some guy says "he got you too huh" Guy says this older guy did the same to two other guys today.

So tomorrow if I see the guy Im going to have a little talk with him, no one punks me, I dont care who they are. Now my grow up self is setting in. I started thinking I dont want to screw up my membership. Do I say something to the manager about the guy? Will that fix anything or just make me look like a tattle tale? Or just handle it myself? I must admit if he mouths off it may get ugly. I wont hit the guy but if he swings on me I will blast him and it wont be pretty.

Thoughts?

I wouldn't say anything to him at all but accidentally drop a 100 lb dumbbell on his foot

I honestly don't care how big a person is first time might be an accident second time might be coincidence third time you getting punched in the face or a Good verbal thrashing

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Do unto others as you would have them done unto you. Also I'm big on a eye for an eye. Check he's ass back next time

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

... maybe just a May- December flirtation .. Old people have needs too... :winkfinger: ..

tumblr_nxlthoctTs1tysxgco1_500.jpg

Whatever you do. Don't get kicked out of your gym. I'd be fucking pissed if I got bounced from my spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he is walking around shoulder checking guys then he is looking for a fight. If know one said anything then he is feeling pretty alpha right now. If he is open to shoulder check like that then he is willing to swing first also. I'm not saying pick a fight but he needs put in his place ASAP

Wow I would follow the prick out and confront the SOB in the parking lot, and like you said if the asshole swings well then it is all over, time to take out the fucking trash! I really hate reading shit like this and I really hate people like that, my Gym owner has talked to me a couple times because I tell the fuckers in the gym when they screw up, leaving weights lying around, or putting 1 30lb dumb bell on 1 end of the rack and the other at the total opposite side, not wiping their damn sweat off the benches, dropping the dumb bells and bending them(our 100lb dumb bells are ruined) etc.

I honestly don't care how big a person is first time might be an accident second time might be coincidence third time you getting punched in the face or a Good verbal thrashing

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I totally agree! First time I'd pass it off as maybe an accident or hey this guys a dick! Second time there's no excuse! Handle that shit

IML Gear Cream!
I have no beef with anyone at the place. Im super chill, yeah Im a big guy but never push around anyone. But when its go time I will not take shit. When he hit the double doors I thought aw it must have been a accident because he sure the fuck didnt stick around. But when the other guy said that to me it just got to me BAD. Im still steaming over it as you guys can tell lol. Im also in the middle of a Tren cycle so that doesnt help. I REALLY dunno WTF hes thinking. Most guys wont even look at me in the gym.

He thinks your tren is under dosed and wants to prove it to you!

Better yet, poke him in the eye with a hundo.

Ever think he might have a mental illness? Normal people don't do that stuff, even on tren.

True, maybe talking to management is a good idea first.

That's just a fuckstick acting as a fuckstick.I am sure most of us would have thought like you and shrugged it off as an accident.I would just ask him tom if he was doing that on purpose and if so is he willing to walk around back;)

Have you guys seen the old guy that shot the cop on YouTube?That dude had serious mental illness.lolHopefukly this guy domt act like that if you do say something.If so someone might die.

God bless you. I'm bad with that kind of stuff. I always had a violent side to me. The older I got the more I could control it. But then there are times, few and far between now, that I just snap. That would probably push me over the edge. Parole was a big motivator for me to think before I act now. The first time I would just brush it off and think to myself about what my consequences would be vs his. I would def be the one paying the price in the long run. The 2nd time it happens I won't give 2 fcks about any of that. But that's why I was on for 12 years.
Try and be the bigger man no matter how much it eats you up inside. It's not woth it. Now a days someone would have to physically assult me before I touched them and I'll be damn sure someone saw the whole thing go down. Don't be foolish bro. Keep your calm and keep it moving.
On the flip side, if your a first time offender then beat his ass right there in the middle of the gym. You'll get kicked out for life and a slap in the wrist

Get Shredded!
Have you guys seen the old guy that shot the cop on YouTube?That dude had serious mental illness.lolHopefukly this guy domt act like that if you do say something.If so someone might die.

True but everyone carries a gun here including me. My gym bro is a LEO also and carries on the gym floor.

Either way Ill let management deal with it FIRST.

The "grown up" thing to do would be talk to management I'd try that first especially if he's doing it to other people, I assume you know you can take this guy, so if that doesn't work call him out and let him know it won't be pretty, just gotta be careful I guarantee he's one of those guys that will be quick to press charges

Dudes dick is little or he's picking a fight to sue someone

i would bump into him hard "by accident" then go oh my bad, sorry brah. and see what he does.
if he mouths off you could crack him, but then he runs and calls the cops and you're fucked.
so dont actually hit him unless he swings first and you have witnesses.
county for the night blows

The best thing to do is talk to management or email them if u don't want anyone knowing its u but the best way is to do is face to face. Gym owners work so hard to create an environment that everyone in the club can feel comfortable in n this guy is working against them everyday undoing what they've worked hard to accomplish. I love sitting guys like him down in my office n letting them know it's time to find another place to workout. I'll normally give them one warning but the second time they just get a phone call saying their not welcome in the club anymore.

Can u do anything passive aggressive to him? Like if he showers at the gym, take a piss in his gym bag. Or legit cut a beer fart in his work space while U guys are at the dumbbell rack. Or fuck up his car. Or maybe give him the old stink finger handshake.

Probably just talk to the management tho....

I'm good with verbal shit talking but don't touch me.
I would of shoved him so hard he would of broke a hip.
Thingis I'm 52 so i can do that to old guys that are assholes.
I feel I'm good all the way up to a 75 year old.
You have way more patience than i do for that kind of shit.
Good job brother.

Big guys always do that shit to little guys.
LOLZ

Last edited:
I say wait in the parking and ask him what's the deal? Be cordial and polite but stand very close to him while you're talking. At 6'4" @239lbs even I would think twice about giving you an excuse to swing. Guys like this need to understand.

Back