• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Intermittent fasting

Bigofool

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
What does anyone here know about intermittent fasting? Does it work, experience's?

It does work, what are you trying to fast for though? Muscle gain or fat loss? Are you trying to get into ketosis?

You are going to get different responses, but yes, it can be highly effective, like other keto diets.

Essentially you have an 8 hour window to consume your foods, limiting your net carbs to 25-50g. Protein high, fat high. Then you have a refeed/cheat window high in carbs once or twice a week.

It's not as bad as it sounds. You are sleeping hopefully 8-10 hours anyway.

Coconut oil. 2 tbsp upon waking, 1-2 tbsp pre workout, 1-2 tbsp 30-45 min before meals.

Fibrous, non starchy veggies. Eat as much as you want as they don't count in your macros.

That's about the jist of it. You can buy keto test strips at your local pharmacy to monitor your state of ketosis, to see how long it takes to get back after cheat, or to adjust carbs.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Very true I would start off small with 8 hour feed 16 hour fast. See how that goes. I know of some people on "keto" who have fasted for 24-72 hours... thats crazy to me but if it works and helps to obtain your goals by all means go for it!

Everyone's body is different. I tried the intermittent fasting for about 6 months, and didn't see results that made much of a difference. I've since gone back to traditional BB meals of 5-6 a day. In my opinion fat loss/muscle gaining is all about caloric intake and proper macro-nutrient consumption, obviously combined with proper exercise.

Yes sir! It's really an individual thing some excel with fasting and some don't. You did the right thing but not forcing it as you could've been killing your muscle. More people fast on keto as their using the fat storages for fuel during times of fasting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intermittent fasting is good but doesn't fit for everyone !!!
I just saw a study where fasting for a few days at a time breaks down and replenishes your white blood cells which does improve your health . So in that case it's good .
As far as anything else I'm not sure !!!

Yes I am trying to reduce fat and retain muscle by not eating before 12:00or after8:00 wit a16 hr fast in between. putting my body in a fat burnin mode. Sill consuming the same calories.

Yes I am trying to reduce fat and retain muscle by not eating before 12:00or after8:00 wit a16 hr fast in between. putting my body in a fat burnin mode. Sill consuming the same calories.

Ok my question would be are you fat adapted? In ketosis? From what I know the only way your going to burn fat from fasting is if ur body is in a fat burning state pre fast. So if ur in keto ur body is using fat for energy. Therefore fasting will cause body to go into fat stores for energy. I'm not to sure how fasting would work if ur not doing a high fat diet though...hope that helps

1) Skip breakfast, drink half a gallon on water
2) Break your fast with a cup of greens and 2 eggs at around 1pm
3) Workout and from 3pm onwards carb the fuck up, pizza, pasta, icecream, baked goods, right up until 9pm

And get shredded by doing so

Example macros

Protein ~150g
Carbs 350-600g (non workout / workout)
Fat ~90

Intermittent fasting may boost metabolism slightly, while helping you eat fewer calories. It is a very effective way to lose weight and body fat. It basically still comes down to calories in vs calories out, but fasting may increase fat loss.

Body will be releasing higher levels of GH when in fasted state, hence increase fat loss and prevent muscle catabolism, that many are afraid of after being brainwashed into eating every 2 hours.
On the other hand fat loss halts once you brake your overnight fast. With intermittent fasting you can drop body fat / recomp while eating 'junk' and not doing cardio - and that's for a natty guy, now imagine how enhanced falla would respond.

Body will be releasing higher levels of GH when in fasted state, hence increase fat loss and prevent muscle catabolism, that many are afraid of after being brainwashed into eating every 2 hours.
On the other hand fat loss halts once you brake your overnight fast. With intermittent fasting you can drop body fat / recomp while eating 'junk' and not doing cardio - and that's for a natty guy, now imagine how enhanced falla would respond.

Dannie check ur PM brother

Back