• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • IronMag Labs® 25% Off Sale!❤️‍🔥 Hardcore Bodybuilding Supplements💪Use Coupon Code ASF25 💊

Back issues

Dozer

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Still sitting on my first cycle supplies.

Has anyone ever had luck with AAS helping in healing with back issues. I have spinal stinosis, disk degeneration along with siatica pain.

It's the sciatica pain that kills me.

Have to been to a Phyiscal Therapist? The sciatica pain can be dealt with rather easily as long as you stay committed to some stretches and exercises recommended by a PT. As far as the stinosis the best thing is also regular daily stretching. For that I also recommend a PT. They will give you a clear cut answer on a regiment that fits you.

F'k Lower back pain
Kills me
Roll like hog all nite
Kratom helps
Other mess don't
Deep tissue and few hours later go to chiro
Many accidents and lifts
Only solution I found
Hell with surgery , out for 6 months and then can't function as before , nope for me
Best luck Brotha , also yoga helps
It's stretching that gets more blood flow , I do it on Sunday's
Helps

Has anyone ever had luck with AAS helping in healing with back issues. I have spinal stinosis, disk degeneration along with siatica pain.

Age height and weight? The beat way to help with stenosis and degeneration is weight loss. I have a fucked lower back and right now the aas use has helped strengthen my core so spasms happen far less often but the aas is just a tool that has allowed me to strengthen the area and lessen the load on the joints.

Goodluck bro and best aas that may. Or may not help is nandrolone. It isn't a miracle but the relief for some in their joints is something to be seen.

Ignore the random name, you can call me daddy

Highly doubt AAS is going to help with anything. A low dose of Deca might help a bit but thats it. Siatica pain is a fucking monster.....As suggested above I would start seeing a chrio/pt to get whatever that issue is lined out. I'm guessing its impinged? If so you can usually get fixed up with mobility work and adjusting but sometimes surgery is needed.

With back issues usually strengthening your posterior chain can do wonders in the long run. Strong glutes, hams and erectors can take quite a bit of the load off of your lower back.

Judging from your AVI I wouldnt guess being overweight is the problem so try some of the suggestions listed. Getting stronger from AAS could potentially compound the issues with strength gains before the soft tissue/tendons and stabalizing muscles are able to handle the load....the body wants to shift weight to the lower back when its in "trouble" so keep that in mind.

Best of luck brother.

Getting stronger from AAS could potentially compound the issues with strength gains before the soft tissue/tendons and stabalizing muscles are able to handle the load....the body wants to shift weight to the lower back when its in "trouble" so keep that in mind.

Best of luck brother.

This is a very important point to make that I missed. Everything needs to go real slow in regards to your back, I fucked up this last thursday, didn't take much 65 pounds back squat for 3 sets put me into spasm when I was playing basketball for a cool down. Core strength has improved immensely, however all the really small movers and stabilizers just weren't ready even for a light weight in my case.

Best of luck bro take it slow. Also look into the reverse hyper see if you can handle it if you have one at your local, did numbers for me when I was at a gym that had one

Ignore the random name, you can call me daddy

So core strength is not an issue. My deads and squats are solid for 6' 200lbs (+- 7lbs depending on the time of year) guy.

Back has had issues since my first bulge at 16. I go through "episodes". Generally, I'm g2g for a year or more after walking and stretching for a months time.

The only different is those "episodes" often occur after a noticeable injury (pop in my back. Instant muscle lock up).

This pain has just been slowly progressing. No muscle tension (until this weekend). Many doctors warned me, saying "when you get older your going to have to do something". They were pretty amazed at how well I was doing considering my MRI results.

I did hear Decca could possibly help with repair but im not sure I want to mess with it TBH.

I do use chiropractic when needed. I have gotten about 4 cortisone shots over the last ten years.

Woke up in Sunday crooked (see pic). My back is locked up like a mofo. Hobbling around. I feel this is a sign and I should stop lifting.

My plan for the next 4 weeks: cortisone, stretch, walk, maybe a few yoga classes.

I can't remember ever taking 4 weeks off. It's going to suck! Time to focus on work.

Hit the gym in January and start my first dbol/test (finish with winny) cycle.

I hope I don't lose much or get fat in the next four weeks. Ohh and before you all talk about me not having abs, I swear even when I cut after Clen (Avi pic) I may have one row. They just don't exist in my genetics. At least not the lower ones
fd1f17050e864c95a0b4423f2200f7f8.jpg

So core strength is not an issue. My deads and squats are solid for 6' 200lbs (+- 7lbs depending on the time of year) guy.

Back has had issues since my first bulge at 16. I go through "episodes". Generally, I'm g2g for a year or more after walking and stretching for a months time.

The only different is those "episodes" often occur after a noticeable injury (pop in my back. Instant muscle lock up).

This pain has just been slowly progressing. No muscle tension (until this weekend). Many doctors warned me, saying "when you get older your going to have to do something". They were pretty amazed at how well I was doing considering my MRI results.

I did hear Decca could possibly help with repair but im not sure I want to mess with it TBH.

I do use chiropractic when needed. I have gotten about 4 cortisone shots over the last ten years.

Woke up in Sunday crooked (see pic). My back is locked up like a mofo. Hobbling around. I feel this is a sign and I should stop lifting.

My plan for the next 4 weeks: cortisone, stretch, walk, maybe a few yoga classes.

I can't remember ever taking 4 weeks off. It's going to suck! Time to focus on work.

Hit the gym in January and start my first dbol/test (finish with winny) cycle.

I hope I don't lose much or get fat in the next four weeks. Ohh and before you all talk about me not having abs, I swear even when I cut after Clen (Avi pic) I may have one row. They just don't exist in my genetics. At least not the lower ones
fd1f17050e864c95a0b4423f2200f7f8.jpg

Danni is gonna hit you up u look his type

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fucked up my lower back when I was 19. The Dr diagnosed it as spondylolisthesis of the L5. I'm 33 now.The only time I can squat heavy & regularly without suffering in agony is when I'm on Deca. I swear by it. I can squat & deadlift until the cows come home with no pain.

IML Gear Cream!
I can only share with you what helps me.... and I don't have all the back conditions you have. I herniated my L5 disc in the work place when I was 26 years old, I'm 55 yrs old now, and so I've learned what works for me. If I don't stretch on a regular basis, I eventually get sciatica. There's no letting up on the daily stretching routine for me. That's the best thing and it works. I spend 10 minutes daily performing a series of 30 second stretches. I make sure to breath in a relaxed manner while stretching. The first stretch I do is the classic touch-toes move. But I also tuck my chin against my chest while I do it, since this further stretches the musculature along the entire length of the spine, including the back side of the neck. Don't bounce when you perform this stretch since that can cause injury. Instead, go as far as you can by reaching for the floor or for your toes without is causing serious pain, and then inhale real deeply, and let it out quick to relax yourself, and when you do that, you'll find that you can reach a couple inches further, and then hold that position for 30 seconds while breathing in a relaxed manner.

I never perform the stretching when I first wake up, because it's much more difficult. I wait until mid day or night time. The next stretch I do is simply a free standing full squat down to the floor while keeping my lower back flat (just like doing barbell squats, you don't want to round your lower back, but instead stick your butt out to keep the lower back flat). And I hold that for 30 seconds. The next stretch I do is placing one foot at a time on an object that's approximately crotch-height, such as an arm of a chair, table, or the kitchen garbage can. Again, hold each one of your feet in that position for 30 seconds and don't allow your knee of your other leg to bend. You can also lay down on the floor in a cannonball position with both knees tucked into your chest. And if you perform this stretch inbetween the two doorjambs of a doorway, you can also roll back and forth from side to side to help relax your lower back muscles.

Don't underestimate muscle spasms in the lower back. They can cause major pain that runs down your leg as well, and a muscle spasm can last from a few minutes to a few weeks. Performing these stretches will reduce the chances of muscle spasms. I also take 100-200 mg per day of Magnesium (NOT to be confused with Potassium). When I was younger, I took 400 mg daily which worked even better to prevent muscle spasms, but now that I'm older, I had to reduce the dosage to avoid getting the runs. yes, Magnesium can have a laxative effect since it also relaxes your intestinal muscles too, but the laxative effect is very much dose related. Also drink plenty of water. That also helps to avoid muscle cramps/spasms. I hope this helps you out, because this has worked pretty good for me for years now. Additionally, you can also try using a heating pad on your lower back before the workout, or if your car is equipped with heated seats, crank up your drivers seat to the hottest setting when you leave your house to go to the gym. Keeping your back muscles loose is very important to avoid or at the very least reduce the pain.

oh one more thing, when you have back issues, you need to be selective about which exercises you do in the gym. I have to avoid dead lifts, so instead, I perform back hyper extensions which are easier on the bottom discs of the lower back since most of the resistence is at the end of the rep movement when you're straightened up, rather than it being in the beginning of the movement when you're completely bent over as is the case with dead lifts. I perform barball squats without a problem as long as I keep my heels on the floor during the whole rep, and my lower back flat. But dead lifts are a whole different story. I avoid those.

Last edited:
oh BTW, you might already know this, but when your spine is crooked like it is in the picture you've posted, you really need to get to the chiropractor and continue with daily follow-up visits until your spine is straightened out again. This is very important!!! I also forgot to mention in my last post above^ that I also do some upperbody stretches for the shoulders and the runner's stretch for the quads too where you kick up your foot behind your back and grab hold of your ankle, but if you have a lot of back pain, the runners stretch might be tough for you to perform.

Last edited:

Has anyone ever had luck with AAS helping in healing with back issues. I have spinal stenosis, disk degeneration along with siatica pain.

No AAS is not going to help your back issues. I had a herniated S1/L5 and spinal stenosis. I had surgery a few years ago, no problems since.

BTW, I agree with Prince, that AAS is not going to make your back better. In fact, with me, AAS makes my lower back worse IF I don't drink plenty of water, and perform the daily stretches that I've outlined, as well as take atleast 100mg of Magnesium daily. If I neglect those three things, then the AAS causes my lower back to get tighter and causes muscle cramps that are painful. As far as the surgery option goes, some back injury patients (like myself) are told by their physicians/surgeons that their injury is not bad enough to merit surgery due to the risk factor that's involved with almost any surgical procedure.

For instance, I was told that even though I've had back pain for years, and that I'd "have to get a desk job by the time your 35 years old" (which I proved that theory to be all wrong) that my injury was not holding me back from daily life/daily chores significantly enough to make it worthwhile to take the risk of potential bad effects from surgery. The surgeon told me that "you have pain, but you're still walking fairly well, and without a very bad limp". So I had to learn for myself how to take care of my entire body, (including my lower back) in order to keep it strong and pain-free as much as possible. No doctor helped me with that. I had to educate myself and learn from trial and error what worked and what didn't. Don't get me wrong, some people are great candidates for back surgery. Just not everyone.

Disk degeneration and sciatica are fixable (depending on the severity of the degeneration). Spinal Stinosis, while not fixable, can be greatly less irritable with the correct stretches. (Fixable as in not needing surgery)

Therein lies your problem.

Cortisone DOES NOT HEAL ANYTHING!!!!

Cortisone halts inflammation.

Inflammation is a KEY component in the healing cascade, get rid of inflammation you stop healing PERIOD! Hey but the good news is your not in pain so you can hit the gym and cause more damage, cortisone wears off, rinse and repeat until irreparable damage has been done.

Take it from someone in the game for a long time, ive been lifting for 30 years and have my share of injuries along the way and extensive research and personal experience in resolving said injuries so take this for what its worth.

Your spine is cushioned by the discs which is collagen based material. The bones are held in position by tendons which is also collagen based material.

If you are not getting large doses of vitamin C and to a lesser degree lysine and proline you will NOT have the core ingredients used for collagen synthesis and in turn ALL collagen based tissues in the body will suffer. This could vary from being more prone to acute injury to slow or improper healing.

When the tendons that support the spine get injured and not allowed to fully heal due to interrupting the inflammatory process you end up with unstable joints and unequal pressure on discs which causes uneven pressure and more prone to unjury and when things do get injured once again you dont have the raw materials to facilitate repair. The resulting scare tissues that develops can entrap nerves and wreak havoc.

First things first, make sure you are getting as much vit C as your intestines will allow. Add in 2-3g of lysine and proline daily.

AVOID NSAID's, ice etc, anything that will stop the inflammation, this is essential for healing, google the shit out of healing cascade if you doubt me.

You can selectively target tendon tissue to force healing with things like prolotherapy. Identify and break down scar tissue which may be causing nerve pressure/entyrapment with something like well wave or the like which is electonic/piezo targeting specific tissue and breaking it down.

I fucked up my lower back when I was 19. The Dr diagnosed it as spondylolisthesis of the L5. I'm 33 now.The only time I can squat heavy & regularly without suffering in agony is when I'm on Deca. I swear by it. I can squat & deadlift until the cows come home with no pain.

spondylolisthesis is a perfect example of a lax joint that the body tries to solve by depositing calcium to resolve the laxity. Once the calcium sets in your screwed. If you identify and treat the joint laxity as I described above so many of these conditions are completely curable.

Deca has been show to promote collagen synthesis but promotion is only as capable as there are resources.

Having a bus load of immigrant workers on a job site where there are no raw materials for them to use in construction is pretty worthless.

Back