• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Wheels Without Squats?

Phil_McRevis

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Alright folks, look, I love to squat but I'm fucked up bad.

I've had two surgeries on one hip with a resurfacing or replacement in the works, and still need the other one worked on too.

Lately, they've been absolutely killing me.

Basically I have bilateral mixed type Femoroacetabular impingement (FAI).

Ortho told me to stop squatting and running and anything else that would cause the leg to break the 90°.

Hack squats tear me up too.

I can manage leg press but I have to be very careful not to go too deep.

Bottom line, can I still get massive trunks without those key exercises?

Thanks for the input.

Sorry to hear that and this is a damn good question, some of us as we get older get "not so" great knees and such and I too would love to know this.

With a previous acl surgery in my left knee and an existing mcl and torn meniscus in my right..squats are typically a no go. I can put down split squats at 185lbs, but rely heavily on leg press for bulk and front leg extension for definition. In the last 8 weeks ive put on slightly over an inch but I dont think anything can replace the heavy compound movement of a squat. At slightly over 26 inches now my hams/quads are perfectly symetrical with the rest of my frame so as of now im not too overly concerned.

Was it Yates that never squatted but only did leg presses?

I've got decent wheels, haven't been able to hack squat squat or deadlift in a few years. I can manage leg presses now so that's probably been helping started leg pressing again 2 months ago. Extentions, glute work and any other accessory workout I could fit in is all I've done to avoid the pain

Ignore the random name, you can call me daddy

Incorp wheels twice a week and do more Leg presses, and do dumbbell reverse step lunges (these feel great and it's actually more of a nature motion with less stress on knees and hips)..Lunges are a PERFECT alternative if done correctly..

Was it Yates that never squatted but only did leg presses?
Yes, however leg press puts a lot of strain on the knees. As does leg extensions. Honestly squats put the least amount of stress on the knees.

I agree with the lunges. Lunges are great for overall health and backwards lunges put almost no strain on the knees. The problem I was more concerned about was the hip problem.

Thank you guys very much. I hate lunges but I'll be incorporating them for sure.

Leg presses can be okay if I don't angle the feet too much or go ridiculously deep. Knees are still hanging tough.

And I'll start putting them in twice a week. Fun!

Thanks again!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Glute Ham Raise and Reverse Hyper. They will put mass on the posterior chain but won't do much for your quads. problem is you only typically find those machines in a PL Gym.

Glute Ham Raise and Reverse Hyper. They will put mass on the posterior chain but won't do much for your quads. problem is you only typically find those machines in a PL Gym.
Yeah no corporate gym has then for some stupid reason. Yet all of them have those hyper extension pieces of shit

Ignore the random name, you can call me daddy

Back