• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

AR builders???

Bigjay73

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I made a post a few months ago about building an AR. The time has come. I want to get a matched, stripped billet reciever set. Looking at Franklin and Ranier, but they're out of stock. Anyone have a suggestion for a high grade reciever set that I can order before next Tuesday? I'll wait for a quality set if I have to, just worried shit will get crazy after Hillary gets elected next week

I have never built one, but definately have a a few. Don't wanna be that guy when crap goes south that has to take it in the ass.

Ive built a shit ton. Slick guns is the place to go.

I've only added a few Magpul accessories as of late.

Lead star arms has a badass set, both ultralight and milspec

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Damn, you guys are fast. Thanks for the suggestions.

Aero Precison gets my vote- and if something is out of stock just wait a couple days, you can even set up an email notification for when something gets back in stock.

I built a few off palmetto state armory. most guys who own machine shops build billet lowers. just saying check around

IML Gear Cream!
Buy a couple lowers. Just get it done. Don't worry so much about the brand, most are made in same places anyway with just different roll marks. I've built on a lot of different ones and all came out fine. Spikes tactical, stag, ap, rr, anvil arms, and several others that I can't think of right now. All worked fine. Do you want something to shoot or keep locked up? Ap sometimes have some really good prices. I really like ap's enhanced handguards. If I had to do it again I would probably go with bravo company. Lots of followers so it will always have good resale if needed. Don't forget that during the last panic bcg's were hard to come by also, so you might want to get one of those also. Ar15.com has some good post on assembling complete lower. Pretty easy and kinda fun. Not like building an ak.

Palmetto State Armory is your friend. Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lowers seem to have a slightly different cut around grips, its best to get the lower kit that goes with that lower brand

lowers seem to have a slightly different cut around grips, its best to get the lower kit that goes with that lower brand

Nope, really don't matter if it's mil spec there all the same. I've mixed and matched and you would never know. I do mostly use bravo company's grip though.

Buy a couple lowers. Just get it done. Don't worry so much about the brand, most are made in same places anyway with just different roll marks. I've built on a lot of different ones and all came out fine. Spikes tactical, stag, ap, rr, anvil arms, and several others that I can't think of right now. All worked fine. Do you want something to shoot or keep locked up? Ap sometimes have some really good prices. I really like ap's enhanced handguards. If I had to do it again I would probably go with bravo company. Lots of followers so it will always have good resale if needed. Don't forget that during the last panic bcg's were hard to come by also, so you might want to get one of those also. Ar15.com has some good post on assembling complete lower. Pretty easy and kinda fun. Not like building an ak.

This guy knows.

Lots of good shit here. Buying another lower is tempting. Gonna build an M4 style AR after I put together the grendel.

Nope, really don't matter if it's mil spec there all the same. I've mixed and matched and you would never know. I do mostly use bravo company's grip though.
andersons and palmetto state have a slightly different cut, I think the palmetto grips fit their lowers best, just my expirience

andersons and palmetto state have a slightly different cut, I think the palmetto grips fit their lowers best, just my expirience
Psa has a tendency to not match up with some other uppers as well. So if you get psa do your upper from them as well as the lower parts kit. Aero is great too. Their upper lower set works perfect together

Psa has a tendency to not match up with some other uppers as well. So if you get psa do your upper from them as well as the lower parts kit. Aero is great too. Their upper lower set works perfect together

this guy knows

Yup but Ive had zero issues with Anderson.

Get Shredded!
Search over. Picked up a billet matched set from Northtech. Should be at my FFL by next Friday. Now I wait on my barrel, and start building my lower. Geissele or Timmney? Decisions, decisions.

Search over. Picked up a billet matched set from Northtech. Should be at my FFL by next Friday. Now I wait on my barrel, and start building my lower. Geissele or Timmney? Decisions, decisions.
Timmney is in all of my guns but one, the geissele triggers are awesome too.

Ignore the random name, you can call me daddy

What purpose is the build meant for

This build is for long range accuracy. Not a Camp Perry gun, but a sub moa 600 yd rifle, that will be suitable for hunting.

This build is for long range accuracy. Not a Camp Perry gun, but a sub moa 600 yd rifle, that will be suitable for hunting.
Can't go wrong with either, I have timmney for hunting personally

Lower is complete. Installed a CMMG LPK, a Vltor A5 stock kit, and a went with a Geissele SSE trigger since I could find it locally. Will pick up a barrel in the next few weeks. Hard to find 6.5 barrels. Satern seems to be out of sock of cut rifled barrels, which is my first choice. May pick up a Liberty button cut for the time being, and order a cut rifled.

On a side note, found an awesome gun shop. Anyone looking for AR parts in Denver, check out Machine Gun tours off Colfax in Lakewood. Lots of parts, and a shit ton of eye candy.

Drank a ton of beer at Camp Perry one year.

You'll have to let me know how you like the 6.5 grendel. I've been thinking & researching this caliber for a while now. Currently hunting with a .270 bolt gun (which is fine), but would like a mag-fed hunting rifle. Not really wanting a 308. From what I've read, the 6.5 grendel is an excellent hunting caliber.

Will do. Next deer season is a year away, but there's no shortage of coyotes here.

Back